Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion - I just don't understand why, on a night when the whole team plays badly, there are twice as many posts slagging off Dzeko, when he actually contributed - an assist and a goal. I'm not suggesting he's the new Pele. He had a difficult night, but he did score, and helped keep us in the competition.

@foetus: maybe bollocks is an exaggeration. But I find it weird to have strong opinions of how individual players perform when you didn't see it. Having said that, Milner's assist sounded lovely last night ;)

stony said:
AntiUnited said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Did brilliantly for the goals, but all but the rest of his performance was diabolical again and it's disgusting watching such a big guy repeatedly pretending to go in for challenges but shitting out because he's a total fanny and making little or no effort at all most of the time. Still 4th choice for me but I suppose if Negredo has a few more quieter games and Dzeko makes or scores a couple more then he may justify starting over Negredo, though it's pretty hard to want him in your team when most of the time he's so shite and stands out like a sore thumb due to his horrendous control and distinct lack of effort, determination or pride

zzzz watch the giffs plz and stop talking out of your ass

Hombre has been watching City since before he could walk. He's probably seen City play away more times than you've seen them on a stream.
I'd rather listen to his opinion than that of a johnny come lately who would struggle to find Manchester on a map.
He's spot on with his assessment of Dzeko's performance yesterday. Dzeko is a player who needs to play every game. If he doesn't, he sulks and goes missing. The simple fact is, he isn't as good as Negredo. If he was, he'd start more often. There's no conspiracy against Dzeko, if he plays well, he is praised. He just doesn't do it often enough to warrant a guaranteed starting spot.
If he stopped being such a mard arse and applied himself better, he would probably start more.

But hes scored the same amount of goals or close and had as many assist with less gaming time so again. you saying he isint as good as neg is kinda failed logic imo.

AntiUnited said:
stony said:
AntiUnited said:
zzzz watch the giffs plz and stop talking out of your ass

Hombre has been watching City since before he could walk. He's probably seen City play away more times than you've seen them on a stream.
I'd rather listen to his opinion than that of a johnny come lately who would struggle to find Manchester on a map.
He's spot on with his assessment of Dzeko's performance yesterday. Dzeko is a player who needs to play every game. If he doesn't, he sulks and goes missing. The simple fact is, he isn't as good as Negredo. If he was, he'd start more often. There's no conspiracy against Dzeko, if he plays well, he is praised. He just doesn't do it often enough to warrant a guaranteed starting spot.
If he stopped being such a mard arse and applied himself better, he would probably start more.

But hes scored the same amount of goals or close and had as many assist with less gaming time so again. you saying he isint as good as neg is kinda failed logic imo.
It's only failed logic if you completely ignore absolutely everything else that makes a footballer a footballer and just concentrate on goals and assists.

Oh no Matty's eloquence again :). Save it for yourself, we knew your opinion about him so you don't need to repeat it using words from Meriam Webster dictionary or similar books.

Gifs showed it all, Edin long ball created the best chance in first half. ET - Edin got the ball on left, dribble down the flank, crossed the ball for the Negredo's sitter plus top class finish for the second goal. He contributed more than most of the other players, thanks to him and Panti we are through.

You all need to admit that you don't look every player with same eyes. Players like Garcia, Kolarov, Lescott, Dzeko, Nasri are not allowed to have any mistake when they play because to don't give 100% like Zaba, Micah, Negredo or they are not young and promising players like Rodwell, Nastasic, Guidetti, Boyata, etc. I wont even mention Kompany, Yaya, Aguero, Silva, because they are all "proven" EPL and "world class" players and it is not allowed to criticize them at all. It takes dozen of bad performances throughout the entire season to criticize players like Hart or Clichy.

I watched game on my 42" last night, so do not mention how bad was my stream or how many away games you did go to because I don't give a flying fook.

Thought he had a good game last night , no service to be had but took the game by the scruff of the neck with his assist and goal , and got his foot in a few times putting a bit of pressure on the opponents whilst conserving his energy for the bursting run and goal which he is paid to do . Wow we didnt run out 4-0 winners away from home but every now and then I will take a moody win , result is we are through to next round . Job done thanks mainly to Edin with the support of the rest of the squad . Result .

JasminBosnia said:
Oh no Matty's eloquence again :). Save it for yourself, we knew your opinion about him so you don't need to repeat it using words from Meriam Webster dictionary or similar books.

Gifs showed it all, Edin long ball created the best chance in first half. ET - Edin got the ball on left, dribble down the flank, crossed the ball for the Negredo's sitter plus top class finish for the second goal. He contributed more than most of the other players, thanks to him and Panti we are through.

You all need to admit that you don't look every player with same eyes. Players like Garcia, Kolarov, Lescott, Dzeko, Nasri are not allowed to have any mistake when they play because to don't give 100% like Zaba, Micah, Negredo or they are not young and promising players like Rodwell, Nastasic, Guidetti, Boyata, etc. I wont even mention Kompany, Yaya, Aguero, Silva, because they are all "proven" EPL and "world class" players and it is not allowed to criticize them at all. It takes dozen of bad performances throughout the entire season to criticize players like Hart or Clichy.

I watched game on my 42" last night, so do not mention how bad was my stream or how many away games you did go to because I don't give a flying fook.

Though the points you raise are perfectly fair I'm guessing it's a bit rich of you to criticise a poster for having a set opinion on Dzeko.

I'm sure if I looked through your post history I'd find another 248 posts exclusively pro-Edin. Am I right?

JasminBosnia said:

I do apologise if my ability to use words of more than one syllable is difficult for you to grasp. If it's all the same for you I won't save my opinion for myself as it's perfectly acceptable on this website, and in the UK, to express my opinion, even if that opinion is that Dzeko is ok as a footballer, but that he's nothing special. I realise that's probably tantamount to treason in Bosnian however. Personally I base my opinion on Dzeko's performance last night, and in general over the last (nearly) 3 years on actually seeing wntire football matches, both live and via TV, as opposed to a handful of selected GIFS from a game I watched in its entirety.

When a player who usually performs well has a "stinker" he is afforded a degree of leeway. Silva, Aguero, Kompany etc normally perform very well indeed, so when they don't people are more willing to let it slide. Dzeko's poor performances are too frequent, and any goodwill he may have had has long since been erased, the same can be said for the likes of Garcia and Kolarov, too many iffy displays, not enough stellar ones.

Your argument of certain players being "untouchable" and other's being "scapegoats" is entirely negated by the current Hart situation. Over the years he's put in many excellent displays, so when he put in a bad one he was let off to a degree. More recently the iffy moments have become too frequent for many people's liking, and now he's being criticised, and Pantilimon is being suggested by some as a replacement. So, as you can see, no-one is safe, unless they are performing well on a regular basis. This isn't a personal attack by City fans on Dzeko, it's fans losing patience with an underperforming player, which is what they tend to do regardless of who that player is.

Jazzy.ba said:
noise said:
Like I demonstrated (with moving pictures even) on the last page, he was far from anonymous before he assisted/scored.

Funny thing how he ignored that brilliant post. :)
The funny thing is that I'm one of many to observe he played poorly for the most part but you two ignore everyone else whilst also ignoring the positive comments I've made about him last night.

Grow up, the pair or you.

Didn't play well, on a night when the whole team didn't. But he had next to no service all game.

Set up our first goal, took his well. I'll leave it at 'job done'.

A game where a 10 minute cameo of true quality masked (in this case) 110 minutes of mediocrity.
In fairness there were mitigating factors, the midfield having no creativity or spark, the back four being slow on the ball and not having the ability or confidence to quicken the movement from front to back, Jovetic, who offers us something completely different coming off early doors meaning Negrado partnering him. Now although their link up for the opener was well worked, for the 90 minutes previous it didn't strike me as a duo that will start many together, they are too similar with their movement, the only difference being the ball tends to stick to Negrado whereas its a lottery when it comes in to Edin.
The incident in the corner flag won't have helped his cause with many who already doubt him. Unfortunately for Edin, most blues put effort and desire fairly high up on their lists when it comes to rating players, watching him give up at a time when the games in the balance won't win him many plaudits.
The thing is we won the game, which was a tough one on paper, and we won it because Dzeko does have real quality. He deserves praise for that, his goal scoring record really is impressive.
I don't think he's done enough to show why he should be starting on a regular basis, though he should start against Norwich.

The bitchfest in here is pretty disturbing by the way..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.