Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
noise said:
He showed the right attitude when he was dropped after Tevez came back from his golfing trip. To enable us to win the league. The attitude didn't just happen. He's been dicked around for 3 years.

Also I don't think he has the attitude problem per se, it's more of an apathy of realizing no matter what he does he will always be the 3rd or 4th choice at City.

Completely agree here. I feel most everybody here would be demoralized if they were in the same situation at their jobs

Chikago said:
noise said:
He showed the right attitude when he was dropped after Tevez came back from his golfing trip. To enable us to win the league. The attitude didn't just happen. He's been dicked around for 3 years.

Also I don't think he has the attitude problem per se, it's more of an apathy of realizing no matter what he does he will always be the 3rd or 4th choice at City.

Completely agree here. I feel most everybody here would be demoralized if they were in the same situation at their jobs

If I was being paid £100,000/week+, I certainly wouldn't be demoralized to be 3rd or 4th choice at one of England's top clubs. Plus, Dzeko has had his chances to stake a claim as #2 striker. Remember, Pellegrini preferred him to Negredo at first, but then Negredo took his chance and ran with it.

Chikago said:
noise said:

I can see his autobiography now;

"Edin Dzeko - The Sad Millionaire"

People that do not have money think that money is all they need to be happy. People who have it are not motivated by it. It is only one factor out of many.

Dzeko was named "first choice" only as a psychological ploy to give the appearance that he was given a chance. I think Pellegrini just said that so that he could justify dropping him later after a poor performance or two, which every striker is bound to have. Even after a stellar performance against Newcastle in the first match, Pellegrini refused to say that Dzeko played a great game because he did not score. Next game he scored against Cardiff, then he was replaced by Negredo in the following match after only playing 45 minutes.

He pretty much replaced him with Negredo at halftime who scored the winner in the second half. So Dzeko gets replaced after one half of a bad performance, and becomes the third choice striker almost overnight. That tells me that Pellegrini was never serious about building the attack around him in the first place. You do not replace your first choice striker just because he has one or two bad performances. Now you can rgue that Negredo forms a better partnership with Aguero, but let's not kid ourselves that Negredo wasn't always meant to be the second striker. Pellegrini was just playing mind games and I think he fully intends to sell Dzeko in January or during the summer transfer window.

pudge said:
Chikago said:
noise said:

I can see his autobiography now;

"Edin Dzeko - The Sad Millionaire"

I don't think he came to City just for money reasons. As best bundesliga striker then player; previous WC qualifications best striker, this season second -behind RVP, managed to pull title with MC same as with Wolfsburg (title after decades & first title in club history where he played major role), last season best MC striker. Played or not, benched or not he deserves respect from some fans or at least more objectivity. He is just an ordinary man trying to give his best and he will continue doing it no matter what.

BosnianDiamond said:
People that do not have money think that money is all they need to be happy. People who have it are not motivated by it. It is only one factor out of many.

Dzeko was named "first choice" only as a psychological ploy to give the appearance that he was given a chance. I think Pellegrini just said that so that he could justify dropping him later after a poor performance or two, which every striker is bound to have. Even after a stellar performance against Newcastle in the first match, Pellegrini refused to say that Dzeko played a great game because he did not score. Next game he scored against Cardiff, then he was replaced by Negredo in the following match after only playing 45 minutes.

He pretty much replaced him with Negredo at halftime who scored the winner in the second half. So Dzeko gets replaced after one half of a bad performance, and becomes the third choice striker almost overnight. That tells me that Pellegrini was never serious about building the attack around him in the first place. You do not replace your first choice striker just because he has one or two bad performances. Now you can rgue that Negredo forms a better partnership with Aguero, but let's not kid ourselves that Negredo wasn't always meant to be the second striker. Pellegrini was just playing mind games and I think he fully intends to sell Dzeko in January or during the summer transfer window.
Jesus fucking Christ.

Or could it be that Negredo has took his chances better than Edin?

I think so..

TheMaineRoad said:
BosnianDiamond said:

Jesus fucking Christ.

Or could it be that Negredo has took his chances better than Edin?

I think so..
Combination of both I guess. Negredo had to perform to make it easier for Pellegrini. He has done well, and I have nothing bad to say against Negredo. I was simply tackling the fallacy that Pellegrini ever saw Dzeko as first choice.

BosnianDiamond said:

“I trust Edin Dzeko, it was a pity he didn’t score because he had a lot of chances and he played very well.

“We knew with the ball that he’s a very good player but I think he played very well without the ball tonight. He had some important chances and he deserved to score today.

Not exactly how you phrased it, is it?

BosnianDiamond said:

He pretty much replaced him with Negredo at halftime who scored the winner in the second half. So Dzeko gets replaced after one half of a bad performance, and becomes the third choice striker almost overnight. That tells me that Pellegrini was never serious about building the attack around him in the first place. You do not replace your first choice striker just because he has one or two bad performancP the second striker. Pellegrini was just playing mind games and I think he fully intends to sell Dzeko in January or during the summer transfer window.

That is so wrong. Dzeko was going to be sold in the summer but Pellegrini wanted him to stay. I don't think Pellegrini expected Negredo and Aguero to be so in form so quickly, Being the man manager Pellegrini is known to be I am sure he will make sure Dzeko gets plenty of chances.

Pellegrini doesn't play mind games.

Dzeko was given every chance to secure his place in the starting lineup. His performances and efforts didnt justify him staying in the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.