Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue skies over paradise said:
That is so wrong. Dzeko was going to be sold in the summer but Pellegrini wanted him to stay.

And this is the key statement to dismiss that crazy conspiracy theory. Pellegrini personally vetoed the idea of selling Dzeko.

Suffice to say Dzeko, who has praised Pellegrini, is letting down his manager with his inconsistency and suspect workrate again. Let's go back to the start of the season.

"We could've signed other players but I consider [Dzeko] the main striker of the team and I'm sure his performance along the season will be really good. I very much trust him and I can say that every other player that have come are a support for a squad that needs to have more than one player in every position."

No pro-Hispanic conspiracy, just Negredo playing better and taking the #2/regular starter spot.

Dzeko will have his chances... 9 games next month in 28 days.

pudge said:
BosnianDiamond said:
People that do not have money think that money is all they need to be happy. People who have it are not motivated by it. It is only one factor out of many.

Dzeko was named "first choice" only as a psychological ploy to give the appearance that he was given a chance. I think Pellegrini just said that so that he could justify dropping him later after a poor performance or two, which every striker is bound to have. Even after a stellar performance against Newcastle in the first match, Pellegrini refused to say that Dzeko played a great game because he did not score. Next game he scored against Cardiff, then he was replaced by Negredo in the following match after only playing 45 minutes.

He pretty much replaced him with Negredo at halftime who scored the winner in the second half. So Dzeko gets replaced after one half of a bad performance, and becomes the third choice striker almost overnight. That tells me that Pellegrini was never serious about building the attack around him in the first place. You do not replace your first choice striker just because he has one or two bad performances. Now you can rgue that Negredo forms a better partnership with Aguero, but let's not kid ourselves that Negredo wasn't always meant to be the second striker. Pellegrini was just playing mind games and I think he fully intends to sell Dzeko in January or during the summer transfer window.
“I trust Edin Dzeko, it was a pity he didn’t score because he had a lot of chances and he played very well.

“We knew with the ball that he’s a very good player but I think he played very well without the ball tonight. He had some important chances and he deserved to score today.

Not exactly how you phrased it, is it?

“He played well on Monday but not very, very well because for all the things he did in the last match, he must score. Then he will have played very well indeed."
http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1...ini-tells-edin-dzeko-score-more-goals?cc=5901

BosnianDiamond said:
pudge said:
BosnianDiamond said:
People that do not have money think that money is all they need to be happy. People who have it are not motivated by it. It is only one factor out of many.

Dzeko was named "first choice" only as a psychological ploy to give the appearance that he was given a chance. I think Pellegrini just said that so that he could justify dropping him later after a poor performance or two, which every striker is bound to have. Even after a stellar performance against Newcastle in the first match, Pellegrini refused to say that Dzeko played a great game because he did not score. Next game he scored against Cardiff, then he was replaced by Negredo in the following match after only playing 45 minutes.

He pretty much replaced him with Negredo at halftime who scored the winner in the second half. So Dzeko gets replaced after one half of a bad performance, and becomes the third choice striker almost overnight. That tells me that Pellegrini was never serious about building the attack around him in the first place. You do not replace your first choice striker just because he has one or two bad performances. Now you can rgue that Negredo forms a better partnership with Aguero, but let's not kid ourselves that Negredo wasn't always meant to be the second striker. Pellegrini was just playing mind games and I think he fully intends to sell Dzeko in January or during the summer transfer window.
“I trust Edin Dzeko, it was a pity he didn’t score because he had a lot of chances and he played very well.

“We knew with the ball that he’s a very good player but I think he played very well without the ball tonight. He had some important chances and he deserved to score today.

“He played well on Monday but not very, very well because for all the things he did in the last match, he must score. Then he will have played very well indeed."
http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1...ini-tells-edin-dzeko-score-more-goals?cc=5901
Negredo full well deserves to be starting. Really he has been a fantastic signing. I really like him. But you're 100% right. Dzeko really wasn't given a chance he was promised.

noise said:
BosnianDiamond said:
pudge said:

Negredo full well deserves to be starting. Really he has been a fantastic signing. I really like him. But you're 100% right. Dzeko really wasn't given a chance he was promised.

Correct and objective. Negredo is MPs first choice (has full right on it) but not for obvious reasons.

BosnianDragon said:
noise said:
BosnianDiamond said:

Correct and objective. Negredo is MPs first choice (has full right on it) but not for obvious reasons.

He's first choice for the most obvious reason. His performances have merited a regular start.

noise said:
BosnianDiamond said:
pudge said:

So one comment holds more value than the other for what reason?

Apart from the obvious...<br /><br />-- Nov 1st, '13, 19:51 --<br /><br />Apologies noise, didn't mean to quote you

pudge said:
noise said:
BosnianDiamond said:

Apart from the obvious...
It's not even about comments. Not arguing semantics here. Proof is in the pudding. Dzeko was dropped, 2 and a half games into the season. 2 games in which I think most would agree his individual performance was great. Since then he's missed 4 matches without even being a sub. Compare that to Negredo who has played every single game since the season started one way or another.

Ahh just saw your edit. Bah, nm, sorry.

noise said:
pudge said:
noise said:

Apart from the obvious...
It's not even about comments. Not arguing semantics here. Proof is in the pudding. Dzeko was dropped, 2 and a half games into the season. 2 games in which I think most would agree his individual performance was great. Since then he's missed 4 matches without even being a sub. Compare that to Negredo who has played every single game since the season started one way or another.
Sorry, didn't mean to quote you. Not questioning your points.

Just the other posters idea that Pellegrini refused to praise Dzeko after that game simply because he didn't score

I don't normally cone on and knock Dzeko.

But when his "replacement" puts in a big shift every game, isn't there a learning point?

He can't afford to give less than 100% at this level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.