Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
AntiUnited said:
pominoz said:
AntiUnited said:
Shame i aint Bosnian nor joined due to him coming into the club.

One would think otherwise reading most of your posts, just saying.

:s. Ye true but i really don't care tbh :S. Hes a word class striker that just gets shat on these forums simple as that.

Wrong on both counts, but we have been there before.

IF i remember rightly lots of his goals for wolfsburg were score from inside the box which is a place City seem reluctant to put the ball, especially the case under Mancini. Averaged above 1 in 2 for them and 31 in 79 for us which cant be sniffed at especially when we are not playing to his strengths.

Negredo looks specia!

pominoz said:
AntiUnited said:
pominoz said:
One would think otherwise reading most of your posts, just saying.

:s. Ye true but i really don't care tbh :S. Hes a word class striker that just gets shat on these forums simple as that.

Obviously u don't read the dzeko thread...

AntiUnited said:
pominoz said:
AntiUnited said:

He does not get shat on, people point out his faults, as they do with every other player.
He also is not world class.

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
If a 30 mill offer came in for Dzeko or Negredo in January who would you be most disappointed to see go? I think most people would happily wave goodbye to Dzeko.
(and lose a good few fans from bluemoon..... you know who they are)

Negredo, as I believe Dzeko's best, is better than Negredo's.

Bazzmand Show said:
If a 30 mill offer came in for Dzeko or Negredo in January who would you be most disappointed to see go? I think most people would happily wave goodbye to Dzeko.

Plus, Negredo would need to have some season up until January for someone to offer almost double what we paid

pominoz said:
AntiUnited said:
pominoz said:

He does not get shat on, people point out his faults, as they do with every other player.
He also is not world class.
Seriously? He gets more undeserved hate than any player on the squad. Even against Newcastle, where he was our best player on the pitch, he was getting shit on for not scoring. People make novelty accounts (like "dzekolol") just to shit on him.

Bazzmand Show said:

That's your opinion and I respect that.

He wouldn't get half as much criticism if his supporters weren't so defensive regarding his flaws. World class? Can say hand on heart if that's the case he truely is the worst world class player I've ever seen. How many world class performances has he produced in a man city shirt? Even average players can put in a world class performance once in a bluemoon as Edin proves.

I don't think he's as bad as portrayed on here by many including myself however the only way to get through to people on here is to work with extremes & he's a lot closer to average than world class.
He may have been world class at Wolfsburg but those that reach the top don't always stay there, players can peak young, players can peak old, they may be one season wonders they may have over a decade at the top. My fear with Edin is he's had his time.

Really need to stop peeping in here.

As for the world class comment. World class is a vague term. To me all our strikers are world class. Dzeko is the most accomplished of them. 2nd best striker in Euro qualifications, top striker in current WC qualifications, 2 times bundesliga player of the year voted by the players, Ballon d'Or shortlister. Won Bundesliga first time ever with a mid table team, all time Bundesliga record holder for the most scoring partnership, won PL first time in 44 years (he played major parts in both accomplishments), Man City record holder for most goals scored against another PL side.. doesn't get much more world class than that.

The fact that he's thrived and managed to be the top league scorer despite getting the Sinclair treatment from Mancini alone tells me he's world class. What I mean by that, is that Mancini bought a wrong player. He never intended to use Dzeko for his strengths, which made Dzeko less effective, but that's not Dzeko's fault now is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.