Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
BosnianDragon said:
As much as I like City, I think he should leave in January. Schalke could be great choice for him.
The worst thing for him would be if Pele continue using Dzeko as back up plan. In that case he would not let Dzeko leave in Janury and Dzeko would be lose again. Not enough games could result in poor performance at WC...., I think that Dzeko deserved to let go in Januray under reasonable conditions.

Really don't understand posts like this. There's absolutely zero chance of City letting him go in January whilst we still have four competitions to play for. It's a nonsensical point of view. As is the one that he "deserves" to be let go. His responsibility is to perform when called upon by the club who pay his exorbitant wages. Just as City can't worry about the WC when it comes to Joe Hart, same applies to Dzeko or any other player.

Prestwich_Blue said:
AntiUnited said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
There is doubt he's improved though. Undoubtedly a good player but simply doesn't work hard enough for a striker in a top team. Did you see Negredo on Tuesday? Popped up in the full back position to put in a tackle. Dzeko would have been wandering around the Moscow 18 yard box with his hands on his hips.

zzzz. gomez played for a top team and he was a lazy usless fuck, inzhagi was a lazy **** that was offside 90 percent of the time and yet played for ac milan in there pomp, ibra, totti, Diffrent strikers diffrent styles..
Yeah, yeah, yeah, Jimmy Greaves, blah, blah, blah.

He's a great guy and will score goals but with Negredo & Aguero on fire, he's third choice until one of them is injured or needs a rest. At Wolfsburg he was a big fish in a small pond. For Bosnia, it's all built around him. But we're not that sort of team anymore.

Aguero might be on fire, but Negredo not sure. In PL we are not doing very good considering individual quality we have. Home games we are winning easily but away we wasted away too many points. Two years ago, PL title season we started winning home & away with Dzeko on "fire" and on the bench in same time. Overall this year we are doing better in CL, but still take a look at teams we play against. There are not (except Bayern) up to level in previous seasons. Bayern managed to humiliated us on our own stadium. Therefore please stay on the ground.
Anyway, Dzeko should definitely leave since he needs to play more consistent and in MC that will never happen.

BosnianDragon said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
AntiUnited said:
zzzz. gomez played for a top team and he was a lazy usless fuck, inzhagi was a lazy **** that was offside 90 percent of the time and yet played for ac milan in there pomp, ibra, totti, Diffrent strikers diffrent styles..

He's a great guy and will score goals but with Negredo & Aguero on fire, he's third choice until one of them is injured or needs a rest. At Wolfsburg he was a big fish in a small pond. For Bosnia, it's all built around him. But we're not that sort of team anymore.

Aguero might be on fire, but Negredo not sure. In PL we are not doing very good considering individual quality we have. Home games we are winning easily but away we wasted away too many points. Two years ago, PL title season we started winning home & away with Dzeko on "fire" and on the bench in same time. Overall this year we are doing better in CL, but still take a look at teams we play against. There are not (except Bayern) up to level in previous seasons. Bayern managed to humiliated us on our own stadium. Therefore please stay on the ground.
Anyway, Dzeko should definitely leave since he needs to play more consistent and in MC that will never happen.
Negredo has scored 9 goals in 16 games (8 of them starts), as well as contributing to the entire team with his workrate, his passing and his battling qualities. Perhaps you might need to redefine what you believe "on fire" to be?<br /><br />-- Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:01 am --<br /><br />
AntiUnited said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
There is doubt he's improved though. Undoubtedly a good player but simply doesn't work hard enough for a striker in a top team. Did you see Negredo on Tuesday? Popped up in the full back position to put in a tackle. Dzeko would have been wandering around the Moscow 18 yard box with his hands on his hips.

But when you've got a striker, in Negredo, that gives you everything that Dzeko gives you PLUS workrate etc then why would you accept Dzeko's lack of workrate and start him ahead of Negredo?

BillyShears said:
BosnianDragon said:
As much as I like City, I think he should leave in January. Schalke could be great choice for him.
The worst thing for him would be if Pele continue using Dzeko as back up plan. In that case he would not let Dzeko leave in Janury and Dzeko would be lose again. Not enough games could result in poor performance at WC...., I think that Dzeko deserved to let go in Januray under reasonable conditions.

Really don't understand posts like this. There's absolutely zero chance of City letting him go in January whilst we still have four competitions to play for. It's a nonsensical point of view. As is the one that he "deserves" to be let go. His responsibility is to perform when called upon by the club who pay his exorbitant wages. Just as City can't worry about the WC when it comes to Joe Hart, same applies to Dzeko or any other player.

As long as Dzeko is happy with that role it is OK, but if he is not there is no point to keep unhappy player in team. That is always bad for booth sides, manager and player.
Money pays for player's services, not for him as complete individual. Slavery is long time finished my friend.

BosnianDragon said:
BillyShears said:
BosnianDragon said:

As long as Dzeko is happy with that role it is OK, but if he is not there is no point to keep unhappy player in team. That is always bad for booth sides, manager and player.
Money pays for player's services, not for him as complete individual. Slavery is long time finished my friend.
It's highly unlikely, regardless of whether Dzeko is happy with the situation or not, that any player of his standard would leave a club in the January window. Given the amount we paid for Negredo in the summer you've got to assume we'd be looking at £15m - £20m for Dzeko, that reduces the number of clubs who can afford him. Add to that the fact he'd be cup tied for the Champion's League, plus the fact we'd need to replace him with a striker of similar quality (who may well also be cup tied) and none of it makes sense. Dzeko could very well leave in the summer, in fact I think that's the most likely scenario, but City simply won't be allowing him to go in January, it just doesn't make sense for the club.

Matty said:
BosnianDragon said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Negredo has scored 9 goals in 16 games (8 of them starts), as well as contributing to the entire team with his workrate, his passing and his battling qualities. Perhaps you might need to redefine what you believe "on fire" to be?

-- Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:01 am --

AntiUnited said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

But when you've got a striker, in Negredo, that gives you everything that Dzeko gives you PLUS workrate etc then why would you accept Dzeko's lack of workrate and start him ahead of Negredo?

You don't know what work rate is my friend. It is not digging and covering same hole. It has lot more with your intelekt to influence the game than you ever think.

BosnianDragon said:
Matty said:
BosnianDragon said:
Negredo has scored 9 goals in 16 games (8 of them starts), as well as contributing to the entire team with his workrate, his passing and his battling qualities. Perhaps you might need to redefine what you believe "on fire" to be?

AntiUnited said:

You don't know what work rate is my friend. It is not digging and covering same hole. It has lot more with your intelekt to influence the game than you ever think.
I've seen Matty work and you're dead right about that first bit!

But seriously, at City more than most clubs, we've always appreciated players who work hard. Sean Goater wasn't the world's greatest striker but he worked and worked and the goals came. That's why he's loved by us. We like to see a player show a bit of fight and Dzeko too often doesn't. If he did, there'd be no problem. We actually like him but he too often frustrates.

BosnianDragon said:
Matty said:
BosnianDragon said:

AntiUnited said:

Utter bollocks.

I've been watching, and playing, football for nearly 3 decades. I know EXACTLY what workrate is. It's closing down the centre halves to make them hurry, it's tracking the man back so he isn't free to receive the ball. It's jumping with, and battling with, the defender when the ball is played up to you in order to win the header, or hold the ball up and bring colleagues into play. It's making runs to receive the ball, it's making runs to NOT receive the ball, but to create the space for others, it's chasing lost causes in the faint hope something will come from them. It's all the things Negredo does, and many of the things Dzeko doesn't.

Just because you don't like the accurate assessments people are making with regards to Dzeko and Negredo doesn't mean those people don't understand what they're talking about and you do, it just means you don't like what's being pointed out to you. Deal with it.

Matty said:
BosnianDragon said:
Matty said:

Utter bollocks.

I've been watching, and playing, football for nearly 3 decades. I know EXACTLY what workrate is. It's closing down the centre halves to make them hurry, it's tracking the man back so he isn't free to receive the ball. It's jumping with, and battling with, the defender when the ball is played up to you in order to win the header, or hold the ball up and bring colleagues into play. It's making runs to receive the ball, it's making runs to NOT receive the ball, but to create the space for others, it's chasing lost causes in the faint hope something will come from them. It's all the things Negredo does, and many of the things Dzeko doesn't.

Just because you don't like the accurate assessments people are making with regards to Dzeko and Negredo doesn't mean those people don't understand what they're talking about and you do, it just means you don't like what's being pointed out to you. Deal with it.

A perfect summation. Top post Matty.

You guys are overrating workrate slightly and underrating first touch and control, of which edins is fucking shocking and is partly why he will never cut it in this top class team and possibly most top teams though that remains to be seen when we bin him off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.