Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matty said:
It's highly unlikely, regardless of whether Dzeko is happy with the situation or not, that any player of his standard would leave a club in the January window. Given the amount we paid for Negredo in the summer you've got to assume we'd be looking at £15m - £20m for Dzeko, that reduces the number of clubs who can afford him. Add to that the fact he'd be cup tied for the Champion's League, plus the fact we'd need to replace him with a striker of similar quality (who may well also be cup tied) and none of it makes sense. Dzeko could very well leave in the summer, in fact I think that's the most likely scenario, but City simply won't be allowing him to go in January, it just doesn't make sense for the club.

Perhaps, we are talking about two or maximum 4 games (I don't believe we can make all the way to 1/2 final) in spring time so Negredo-Jovetic-Aguero are capable of playing several games without fourth striker. According to certain posters Edin can fook off because Alvaro and Kun dominate over opposition defenders and they don't need any help.

Schalke is struggling this season in Bundesliga (Huntelaar injured) and Edin would be great addition to their squad. It is a win win situation, Edin gets to star regularly, 100k week off our books, he does not frustrate you anymore, our national hero will be in form for WC and this thread is gone. :)

JasminBosnia said:
Matty said:
It's highly unlikely, regardless of whether Dzeko is happy with the situation or not, that any player of his standard would leave a club in the January window. Given the amount we paid for Negredo in the summer you've got to assume we'd be looking at £15m - £20m for Dzeko, that reduces the number of clubs who can afford him. Add to that the fact he'd be cup tied for the Champion's League, plus the fact we'd need to replace him with a striker of similar quality (who may well also be cup tied) and none of it makes sense. Dzeko could very well leave in the summer, in fact I think that's the most likely scenario, but City simply won't be allowing him to go in January, it just doesn't make sense for the club.

Perhaps, we are talking about two or maximum 4 games (I don't believe we can make all the way to 1/2 final) in spring time so Negredo-Jovetic-Aguero are capable of playing several games without fourth striker. According to certain posters Edin can fook off because Alvaro and Kun dominate over opposition defenders and they don't need any help.

Schalke is struggling this season in Bundesliga (Huntelaar injured) and Edin would be great addition to their squad. It is a win win situation, Edin gets to star regularly, 100k week off our books, he does not frustrate you anymore, our national hero will be in form for WC and this thread is gone. :)

It's cloud cuckoo land you're living in if you think this is a realistic option. Matty is bang on. Edin will go nowhere until the summer. He'll have plenty of chances to play in the domestic cups, and will get league games here and there. And most importantly he will remain fit and ready in case someone picks up an injury. City aren't a charity set up to aid any footballer's career. They get paid big money ... whether it be to start every week, or to wait for their chance as a squad player.

BosnianDragon said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
AntiUnited said:
zzzz. gomez played for a top team and he was a lazy usless fuck, inzhagi was a lazy **** that was offside 90 percent of the time and yet played for ac milan in there pomp, ibra, totti, Diffrent strikers diffrent styles..
Yeah, yeah, yeah, Jimmy Greaves, blah, blah, blah.

He's a great guy and will score goals but with Negredo & Aguero on fire, he's third choice until one of them is injured or needs a rest. At Wolfsburg he was a big fish in a small pond. For Bosnia, it's all built around him. But we're not that sort of team anymore.

Aguero might be on fire, but Negredo not sure. In PL we are not doing very good considering individual quality we have. Home games we are winning easily but away we wasted away too many points. Two years ago, PL title season we started winning home & away with Dzeko on "fire" and on the bench in same time. Overall this year we are doing better in CL, but still take a look at teams we play against. There are not (except Bayern) up to level in previous seasons. Bayern managed to humiliated us on our own stadium. Therefore please stay on the ground.
Anyway, Dzeko should definitely leave since he needs to play more consistent and in MC that will never happen.

Really bizarre you would use that Bayern game in any argument relating to Dzeko. Is that the same game where Dzeko made no impact whatsoever, and Negredo came on and scored??

Dzeko is a good player, but plays too much for himself. If we decided to build a team around him, he would score goals. But with Aguero in the team, that is never going to happen. There is no partnership with him and Aguero. There is currently a phenomenal partnership between Aguero and Negredo. It's a no brainer.

JasminBosnia said:
Matty said:

You hope...

BillyShears said:
JasminBosnia said:
Matty said:

It's cloud cuckoo land you're living in if you think this is a realistic option. Matty is bang on. Edin will go nowhere until the summer. He'll have plenty of chances to play in the domestic cups, and will get league games here and there. And most importantly he will remain fit and ready in case someone picks up an injury. City aren't a charity set up to aid any footballer's career. They get paid big money ... whether it be to start every week, or to wait for their chance as a squad player.

Correct. And, to add to this, if he does leave we will expect a decent transfer fee.

BillyShears said:
Some of these Edin fanboys are definitely on the WUM!

Sadly I'm under the impression that most if not all are deadly serious.

Usually they just leave me with this feeling :-

2v3r9fm.gif

JasminBosnia said:
Matty said:

The most important fact or that you seem to be missing here is that Manchester City will do what is in Manchester City's best interests, not what is in Edin Dzeko's best interests. Our best pairing, without any real doubt at present, is Aguero and Negredo. Given Jovetic's injury issues our backup option is Dzeko. Your suggestion that we sell him in January is missing the fact that we've still got half the season to go in January, we will need a backup option, who will take part in some of the games as the season progresses. At present that guy is Dzeko. If he leaves in January who fills that role? We started the season with 4 options, Aguero, Negredo, Dzeko and Jovetic, so why would we drop to just 3 options (with Jovetic still to find his feet, or fitness)? If we sell Dzeko then we need to buy, and we'd need to buy a player of comparable quality, at least. That's going to be a very tough ask. So, why sell Dzeko in January, and then have to shop around for a replacement that we may never find? The answer is simple, we won't. We'll hold onto Dzeko. You're assessment that letting him go is "win - win" simply isn't true. It's a win for Dzeko as he gets to start regularly and gets in form for the World Cup. Where's the win for City? £100k off the books? No, because they'd need to replace him, and the new player would demand high wages too. Replaced with a better player? Unlikely, as it's January and very hard to get your hands on such players. It's a "win - might win but likely to lose" scenario, and one which City wouldn't get themselves into.

BillyShears said:
BosnianDragon said:
As much as I like City, I think he should leave in January. Schalke could be great choice for him.
The worst thing for him would be if Pele continue using Dzeko as back up plan. In that case he would not let Dzeko leave in Janury and Dzeko would be lose again. Not enough games could result in poor performance at WC...., I think that Dzeko deserved to let go in Januray under reasonable conditions.

Really don't understand posts like this. There's absolutely zero chance of City letting him go in January whilst we still have four competitions to play for. It's a nonsensical point of view. As is the one that he "deserves" to be let go. His responsibility is to perform when called upon by the club who pay his exorbitant wages. Just as City can't worry about the WC when it comes to Joe Hart, same applies to Dzeko or any other player.

There is really no point replying to this idiot as he's a wum of the highest order. As you said, this season will be long and he will get his share of playing time, how much playing time will he get, that all depends on him.

To add to the WC bollocks, it will not effect Dzeko to the slightest as he always performed pretty good for Bosnia and he will always start. Dzeko himself will want to have a good World Cup so he can get his wages at the next club that he moves onto, which will also help city get a better fee for him. If he has a good World Cup, it will work for the best Dzeko and the club.

BosnianDragon said:
You don't know what work rate is my friend. It is not digging and covering same hole. It has lot more with your intelekt to influence the game than you ever think.
Dude I like Dzeko, but there is no denying. He doesn't have the same work rate as Negredo. In the past I didn't like people comparing Aguero and Dzeko's work rate since they are completely different players, but Negredo is a similar player to Dzeko and his work rate is simply better.

Now, I've seen Edin show great work rate, like the Newcastle season opener. I frankly didn't even think he was capable of it. But I don't know what happened. Was that the reason he couldn't score despite being MotM? Was he too spent? When he got subbed in for the last minutes of the CSKA Moskow game away, he looked completely disinterested. And wasn't really working hard, despite a narrow lead we had.

To be fair he makes quite a lot of runs into the box, but service is often not there, when it's there he scores more often than not, but he should be working harder on pressing as well like Negredo.

The problem is, he still doesn't fit in. And honestly I don't think he ever will at this point. If this was any other year I'd say he'd be ok as a 3rd choice on the bench, but he's under a lot of pressure due to World Cup coming up and I don't think he will be happy on the bench. Which makes the January transfer plausible.

I think one thing we all should be cognizant of is that Dzeko hasn't been in a top form in over 2 seasons now, due to lack of football. I think we owe him the understanding of this fact. Dzeko is capable of great football, there is simply no denying that.

Aguero missed the pre-season and he didn't look so hot at the beginning either. But he played constantly and he rewarded us with what looks like to be the form of his career. Dzeko hasn't had such privilege since the first season with us. And I think he deserves little more understanding than what he gets from some fans here.

edit: also Negredo came from a team where he was a starter as well, but still deserves credit for acclimating so fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.