Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jutt said:
What is the most realistic scenario you guys see with him moving in January?
Depends on his desires, if he wants to move back into Continental Europe ie Germany, or stay in England. I hope he chooses elsewhere than England, as he can be lethal on his day. I'd personally take no less than £20m but I reckon we will be looking more around £15m plus add-ons.

£14 million is a fair price.<br /><br />-- Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:25 pm --<br /><br />
El Mago said:
Never sell in January.

The guy is a match winner, and its important to keep him.

he stayed because pellegrini told him that he'd be the "main man" . it turned out to be nonsense. i'm pretty sure dzeko is going to ask for a transfer.

bandwagon said:
£14 million is a fair price.

-- Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:25 pm --

El Mago said:
Never sell in January.

he stayed because pellegrini told him that he'd be the "main man" . it turned out to be nonsense. i'm pretty sure dzeko is going to ask for a transfer.

I think to be fair to Pellegrini he intended to, Began the season with him, started him against Bayern etc.. Just another player wanted it more and usurped him. He has his fans on here, but if we sell him in January I won't lose any sleep

How much was Negredo? 16 mill? Considering how highly some of you rate him, how much would you value Dzeko in comparison?

P.S. I also think Negredo is a superior player to Dzeko.

K-Bo said:
bandwagon said:

El Mago said:
Never sell in January.

I think to be fair to Pellegrini he intended to, Began the season with him, started him against Bayern etc.. Just another player wanted it more and usurped him. He has his fans on here, but if we sell him in January I won't lose any sleep

did he really ? it seems to me that he just wanted dzeko to stay so he can use him as a super-sub throughout the season.

bandwagon said:

El Mago said:
Never sell in January.

It turned out that Negredo suits our system and partners Aguero better than Edin - that's all there is to it. Dzeko begun the season, but didn't really do enough to warrant a continued start. As is the case with the majority of people who watch the games live, and see what's going on off the ball, movement, runs and general interplay between Edin and his teammates, Pellegrini rightly decided it wasn't working. A couple of goals only glossed over his overall performances.
He isn't our "main man" because he isn't anywhere near good enough to be it - running to the media won't help his cause a bit, in fact it'll just turn more against him.

Sell him in the summer and bring somebody in with experience who is willing to sit on the bench without opening there mouth to the papers possibly someone like Nilmar.

bandwagon said:
K-Bo said:
bandwagon said:

did he really ? it seems to me that he just wanted dzeko to stay so he can use him as a super-sub throughout the season.

Don't think he would chance the start of his city career starting someone he believed to be inferior than another option at the club mate, huge risk to take just for a good substitute option. Negredo's just outperformed him, and found his feet quicker than clearly even Pellegrini expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.