Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
The_Mo said:
How much was Negredo? 16 mill? Considering how highly some of you rate him, how much would you value Dzeko in comparison?

P.S. I also think Negredo is a superior player to Dzeko.

a young negredo would be worth 32 million. he's actually 28 years old, believe it or not. that's why his transfer fee was only 16.8 million.

i reckon dzeko is worth around £14 million.

bandwagon said:
£14 million is a fair price.

-- Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:25 pm --

El Mago said:
Never sell in January.

The guy is a match winner, and its important to keep him.

he stayed because pellegrini told him that he'd be the "main man" . it turned out to be nonsense. i'm pretty sure dzeko is going to ask for a transfer.
And you know this how?

kippaxchris said:
Sell him in the summer and bring somebody in with experience who is willing to sit on the bench without opening there mouth to the papers possibly someone like Nilmar.
We could replace him with a bucket and it will do a better job.

greasedupdeafguy said:
bandwagon said:

El Mago said:
Never sell in January.

he stayed because pellegrini told him that he'd be the "main man" . it turned out to be nonsense. i'm pretty sure dzeko is going to ask for a transfer.
And you know this how?

MP said that but I'm pretty sure that he meant it at the time and it wasn't nonsense.

Dzeko's fault for blowing it by being shit

greasedupdeafguy said:
bandwagon said:

El Mago said:
Never sell in January.

And you know this how?

because edin wanted to leave ? but pellegrini talked to him and persuaded him to stay ?

BlueTG said:
Jutt said:
What is the most realistic scenario you guys see with him moving in January?
Depends on his desires, if he wants to move back into Continental Europe ie Germany, or stay in England. I hope he chooses elsewhere than England, as he can be lethal on his day. I'd personally take no less than £20m but I reckon we will be looking more around £15m plus add-ons.

I'm about 100% agreence with you just with a few tweaks. I'd rather not see him move anywhere in England, as i think that'd kick him in the ass whenever his new side plays us.

I was thinking about 15-18 euros for him in this window. Hopefully we can use that to bring in some needed depth at other positions. I've heard some whisperings of Schalke being interested.

bandwagon said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
bandwagon said:

And you know this how?

because edin wanted to leave ? but pellegrini talked to him and persuaded him to stay ?
"I think there was a lot of speculation from journalists but I never heard from the club they wanted to sell and you never heard from me that I wanted to leave," said Dzeko

Swing and a miss

pudge said:
bandwagon said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
And you know this how?

"I think there was a lot of speculation from journalists but I never heard from the club they wanted to sell and you never heard from me that I wanted to leave," said Dzeko

Swing and a miss

"Edin Dzeko could leave Manchester City - Roberto Mancini

Comments (78)
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has admitted Edin Dzeko could leave the club in the summer.
Dzeko, 26, has been linked with a move to Borussia Dortmund with the Bundesliga champions reportedly negotiating a deal with City.
"At the moment, there is nothing. In the end, maybe, I don't know. In the summer, it could be possible," said Mancini about the Bosnian striker.
City signed Dzeko from Wolfsburg in January 2011 for £27m.

The Bosnian striker has scored 38 goals in 99 appearances since joining the Premier League champions.
Despite 13 goals this term, Dzeko has failed to earn a regular starting place in Mancini's line-up.
Mancini revealed in November that Dzeko was frustrated with his "super-sub" tag following a number of goals after coming off the bench.
But the City manager does want the former Wolfsburg forward to stay at Etihad Stadium despite his concern he could leave.
"Dzeko is an important player for us. We want him to stay here," he said."

AntiUnited said:
so i guess people just ignored caliblue post. typical shit.. pretty much says it right but cuz its against the common circle jerk u chose to ignore
I'll tell you why I ignored him, it was because I've watched Dzeko with my own eyes and made my own mind up without having to trawl through stat after stat arguing one way or another. His overall game this year hasn't been good enough. In very short spells he's shown genuine class and as an out and out goal scorer it would be hard to argue with what he's done so far.
Where I feel yourself and a couple of others are missing the point is the way we play can't afford passengers - that's the crux of it. Negredo brings so much more to our team than Edin and if he can't do the dirty work as well as the goals then he'll be second fiddle for a while yet.
There's no great conspiracy, it's just a simple fact of doing what's best for the team, not for Edin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.