Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think his play like about half the squad really picked up in the second half. Effort was there the whole game which is important. I've resolved not to let his most vociferous fans bias me if possible against what he's done on the pitch. And granted it's not all his fans. Some were going very far overboard earlier though.

taconinja said:
I think his play like about half the squad really picked up in the second half. Effort was there the whole game which is important. I've resolved not to let his most vociferous fans bias me if possible against what he's done on the pitch. And granted it's not all his fans. Some were going very far overboard earlier though.

there are extremes on the both sides...he's smiling again though...that is a good thing...

No17 said:
taconinja said:

there are extremes on the both sides...he's smiling again though...that is a good thing...

Him scoring easy chances would be a good thing. Don't give a fuck if he is smiling or not, put the ball in the back of the net.

Amazes me how many different opinions people have, and the extremities they pole. The guy just makes me so frustrated and disappointed at the moment. In fact from last season. I do hope he comes good, really good.

goatinho said:
davymcfc said:
Good display tonight. Doesn't get enough credit for the amount of goals he has scored for us.
probably because he misses the most easiest of chance (for a world class striker)
The problem is everyone is now looking through a microscope at everything Dzeko does. The first mistake he makes and you get the "see I told you he's a donkey" crew out in force. The sad part is that it's not like this for any other player, only Dzeko. It's impossible for a striker to score every time he shoots, every striker misses more than he will score but some expect Dzeko to find the net with every shot. I don't understand why people can't just support him rather than constantly spout shit, is it really that hard?

pominoz said:
No17 said:
taconinja said:

Him scoring easy chances would be a good thing. Don't give a fuck if he is smiling or not, put the ball in the back of the net.

every striker misses easy chances...prior to the goal he had one, the first half header (he has to score that)...I agree with you, he misses but still has great conversion rate...

the smiling comment was to say that he's happy and there are only better things to come from him...and I'm sure you'd like him, like everyone else, to get better and start putting away those easy ones

the old abbey said:
Was there last night just flown home.yes he scored but other than that he was absoloute dogs###e missed chances laboured his way through the game the bosnian diamond really is an embarrassment.

these are the extremes I was talking about...he wasn't great, but wasn't absolute dogshite either...

No17 said:
pominoz said:
No17 said:

every striker misses easy chances...prior to the goal he had one, the first half header (he has to score that)...I agree with you, he misses but still has great conversion rate...

the smiling comment was to say that he's happy and there are only better things to come from him...and I'm sure you'd like him, like everyone else, to get better and start putting away those easy ones

Of course i would, i just can not see it.
He is far too flaky for me, everything has to go just right for him to be effective, not good enough for a "world class" striker.

pominoz said:
No17 said:
pominoz said:

Of course i would, i just can not see it.
He is far too flaky for me, everything has to go just right for him to be effective, not good enough for a "world class" striker.

I agree that it looks like he needs to be pampered a bit too much...but I also think that this will be his best season in the city shirt and that we will see the striker everyone thought city bought....

One thing that people can't get is him not looking labored and clumsy and lazy...that's the way he is...he was like that throughout his whole career...but on the plus side...I've seen him chase the ball and pressure the defenders more this season that ever before...many will moan that this is still not enough but that's the way he is...he is putting in the effort to change it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.