Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bodicoteblue said:
Armaan - how can you say only Dzeko attracts the abuse from the " told you he's a donkey " brigade ?
Have you seen the hysterical bile poured out onto Garcia, Lescott , Kolarov , Nasri ( well , until last night , but I'm sure they will revert to type as soon as they see a drop in form)and I see Fernandinho being lined up for scapegoating recently.

They get slagged on for things they can't control. Bit unfair in my opinion.

Garcia played at CB but isn't a CB by any means. He plays in the mid and from what little action he saw yesterday when he was subbed in, did fairly OK. But most likely, people will only remember the Cardiff game.

Lescott get's abuse because "he's slow", again nothing he can do about that. Also go and look at 90% of the worlds CB, they are all slow. Very rarely do you find a CB who is fast. A hot commodity these days because of the style of play in Europe has changed.

Kolarov get's it because, well to be honest he does make some bone headed mistakes and not the greatest defender but going forward he is superior to Clichy.

Nasri was getting slagged because he didn't look like he brought anything to the table but in reality he has been played out of position because Silva currently occupies it.

In the heat of the moment any slagging on a player that messes up on a play, I think is justifiable. But only for the moment. Most of the abuse heaped on to these players goes on and on and on. Sometimes as I've seen in Edin's case, people will criticize that he doesn't play defense, then when he does play some defense people will complain that he isn't passing well, then when he does pass well people will complain about how little he runs, then people will complain at missed chances and god help him if he makes a goal because people will complain that he should have had 3 or 4 and then people will complain about this and that and this and that.

It's like trying to satisfy Donald Trump.

LookIfoundmyKnob said:
Bodicoteblue said:
Armaan - how can you say only Dzeko attracts the abuse from the " told you he's a donkey " brigade ?
Have you seen the hysterical bile poured out onto Garcia, Lescott , Kolarov , Nasri ( well , until last night , but I'm sure they will revert to type as soon as they see a drop in form)and I see Fernandinho being lined up for scapegoating recently.

Garcia played at CB but isn't a CB by any means. He plays in the mid and from what little action he saw yesterday when he was subbed in, did fairly OK. But most likely, people will only remember the Cardiff game.

Lescott get's abuse because "he's slow", again nothing he can do about that. Also go and look at 90% of the worlds CB, they are all slow. Very rarely do you find a CB who is fast. A hot commodity these days because of the style of play in Europe has changed.

Kolarov get's it because, well to be honest he does make some bone headed mistakes and not the greatest defender but going forward he is superior to Clichy.

Nasri was getting slagged because he didn't look like he brought anything to the table but in reality he has been played out of position because Silva currently occupies it.

In the heat of the moment any slagging on a player that messes up on a play, I think is justifiable. But only for the moment. Most of the abuse heaped on to these players goes on and on and on. Sometimes as I've seen in Edin's case, people will criticize that he doesn't play defense, then when he does play some defense people will complain that he isn't passing well, then when he does pass well people will complain about how little he runs, then people will complain at missed chances and god help him if he makes a goal because people will complain that he should have had 3 or 4 and then people will complain about this and that and this and that.

Once your/ some minds are made up you dont like/ rate a player then thats it, your shite regardless of your performance.
I judge a player on a game to game performance

bosnie87 said:
All strikers miss "easy" chances. Persie is a "world class" striker and missed an open goal yesterday, Rooney also missed that pass/shot when he rounded the keeper. Aguero's miss in the end of the game was worse than any of Dzekos chances yesterday..

As long as Dzeko plays he will score 2 goals in 3 games, just like he has all of his career. The only things that bothers me about him is his running, it looks like he's jogging all the time, rarely runs in full speed and he should pass the ball better, too often tries a difficult pass
He hasn't averaged anywhere near 2 goals every 3 games in his career.

Neil McNab said:
bosnie87 said:
All strikers miss "easy" chances. Persie is a "world class" striker and missed an open goal yesterday, Rooney also missed that pass/shot when he rounded the keeper. Aguero's miss in the end of the game was worse than any of Dzekos chances yesterday..

As long as Dzeko plays he will score 2 goals in 3 games, just like he has all of his career. The only things that bothers me about him is his running, it looks like he's jogging all the time, rarely runs in full speed and he should pass the ball better, too often tries a difficult pass
And the bold part's not true either

Neil McNab said:
bosnie87 said:

Wolsberg even wolfsbeg or wolfsberg even wolfsburg

I think its good to say we have a selction of strikers who actually all paly in different ways which gives us a choice. What we need to remember is we are 3 games in and 1 CL game in and all the players including the strikers need to gell. I feel 6 - 10 games in we will see some good performances from city which will lead to wins. Dzeko can be inconsistent, but thats why its good to have options as it should help the competition between them all which will get them to the best of their game. Also it looks like pelegrini is all about the rotation which is also good, keeps a happy camp and again keeps teams guessing on how we will play.

Any thoughts?

pudge said:
Neil McNab said:
bosnie87 said:

I almost fell over laughing at that. Would of been incredible if Aguero rifled that in

LookIfoundmyKnob said:
Bodicoteblue said:

This highlighted, my friend, is a greatest description of Edin's position on this forum (and this thread in particular) of all time.

Simply brilliant. This thread can be effectively locked now.<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:23 pm --<br /><br />
BoyBlue_1985 said:
pudge said:
Neil McNab said:

I almost fell over laughing at that. Would of been incredible if Aguero rifled that in

Despite the defender's late plunge, Sergio had wide open shot at goal. Easily compared to Dzeko's after he stole the ball on top of penalty area...both sailed well over.

It happens even to the best of them. It's not a video game. Get over it.

EaglesFan said:
LookIfoundmyKnob said:
Bodicoteblue said:

This highlighted, my friend, is a greatest description of Edin's position on this forum (and this thread in particular) of all time.

Simply brilliant. This thread can be effectively locked now.

-- Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:23 pm --

BoyBlue_1985 said:
pudge said:

Despite the defender's late plunge, Sergio had wide open shot at goal. Easily compared to Dzeko's after he stole the ball on top of penalty area...both sailed well over.

Dzeko wouldn't have got within 10 yards of the pass by the beast, so wouldn't have even got a shot off. Agueros desire to get to the ball puts Edin to shame and I'm a fan of his.
The thread will be locked when Edin leaves the club I expect, not when you or one of the other supporters of a player instead of the club say so.

EaglesFan said:
LookIfoundmyKnob said:
Bodicoteblue said:

Simply brilliant. This thread can be effectively locked now.

-- Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:23 pm --

BoyBlue_1985 said:
pudge said:

Aguero was running full speed on to a pass is clipped by a defender which knocks his stride off and actually got a shot off. I wouldn't of bet many forwards in history under that set of circumstances to knock it in and most would of fell over for a penalty
Stop talking complete shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.