Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
All strikers miss "easy" chances. Persie is a "world class" striker and missed an open goal yesterday, Rooney also missed that pass/shot when he rounded the keeper. Aguero's miss in the end of the game was worse than any of Dzekos chances yesterday..

As long as Dzeko plays he will score 2 goals in 3 games, just like he has all of his career. The only things that bothers me about him is his running, it looks like he's jogging all the time, rarely runs in full speed and he should pass the ball better, too often tries a difficult pass

Armaan said:
goatinho said:
davymcfc said:
Good display tonight. Doesn't get enough credit for the amount of goals he has scored for us.
probably because he misses the most easiest of chance (for a world class striker)
The problem is everyone is now looking through a microscope at everything Dzeko does. The first mistake he makes and you get the "see I told you he's a donkey" crew out in force. The sad part is that it's not like this for any other player, only Dzeko. It's impossible for a striker to score every time he shoots, every striker misses more than he will score but some expect Dzeko to find the net with every shot. I don't understand why people can't just support him rather than constantly spout shit, is it really that hard?

100% agree. On chances and set-up play he was as good as Aguero last night.
But because he's Deeko, or Aguero is untouchable (I'm not quite sure which), Dzeko gets moaned at.
He's playing well for me. The only issue is service from midfield this season and the same applies to Aguero and Negredo.

Dzeko's finishing hasn't been very good this year but the rest of his play has improved significantly this season. I wouldn't have cared less if he never played for us again immediately after the Spurs game at WHL last season but he looks a changed man. I can see him performing much better this season than in previous years with the club.

BlueAnorak said:
Armaan said:
goatinho said:
probably because he misses the most easiest of chance (for a world class striker)
The problem is everyone is now looking through a microscope at everything Dzeko does. The first mistake he makes and you get the "see I told you he's a donkey" crew out in force. The sad part is that it's not like this for any other player, only Dzeko. It's impossible for a striker to score every time he shoots, every striker misses more than he will score but some expect Dzeko to find the net with every shot. I don't understand why people can't just support him rather than constantly spout shit, is it really that hard?

But because he's Deeko, or Aguero is untouchable (I'm not quite sure which), Dzeko gets moaned at.
He's playing well for me. The only issue is service from midfield this season and the same applies to Aguero and Negredo.

Your insane if you think dzeko played nearly as good as Kun

Played well. We have 3 strikers that offer different things, all with good attributes. Dzeko is never gonna be all action like Aguero or as physical as Negredo but Edin gives you goals plain and simple. May not be enough all the time but hes here and hes blue so gonna get behind all 3 of them equally.

Proelia said:
BlueAnorak said:
Armaan said:

Your insane if you think dzeko played nearly as good as Kun

I'd have to agree there, Dzeko's goal was set up by Aguero's fantastic run, (see how he kept on his feet? ) and pass, a good finish from Dzeko still. Aguero's goal was of his own making, and his so called "miss" at the end could've been a penalty if he'd taken a touch and not a shot, as he was fouled by the defender, Negredo's ball dint quite have enough pace n the ball.
Aguero has taken over the Tevez roving role it seems, adding some selfless team play to his repertoire, Jovetic and Dzeko to some extent, take note!

Armaan - how can you say only Dzeko attracts the abuse from the " told you he's a donkey " brigade ?
Have you seen the hysterical bile poured out onto Garcia, Lescott , Kolarov , Nasri ( well , until last night , but I'm sure they will revert to type as soon as they see a drop in form)and I see Fernandinho being lined up for scapegoating recently.

Bodicoteblue said:
Armaan - how can you say only Dzeko attracts the abuse from the " told you he's a donkey " brigade ?
Have you seen the hysterical bile poured out onto Garcia, Lescott , Kolarov , Nasri ( well , until last night , but I'm sure they will revert to type as soon as they see a drop in form)and I see Fernandinho being lined up for scapegoating recently.

among the strikers he probably means....but I agree with you, almost every player get slagged off as soon as he has a bad moment...that's the way things work and that's how it will always be...

I just hope people try to encourage the players more instead of just waiting for a bad touch, pass, shot or whatever...maybe the boo boys are just a bit louder these days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.