Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
pominoz said:
BosnianDragon said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Deary me Bosnian, go home you're drunk

Even drunk I respect other people and their opinions, no matter how brainless they are.

We are not the ones that "follow" a football team because of one player, brainless indeed.

I admitt, I started follow MC because of Dzeko and in the process City become my favorite team i like and I'm big fan of. City is already global brand and has fans all around the world, It is missing only better results on international level. I'm glad that City stoped domination of certain clubs in England (made competiotion more interesting). It is proven again that "big" clubs are just big for of their money. City finally has owner with deep pockets who made some smart investments, great management and excellent coach. Just missing international level results to pave the road to top EU teams in next 1-2 decades.

Negredo had a great game yesterday. Among the great stuff he did, though, when he had a clear opening on goal in the second half, he was off target. He still had a great game, because one miss doesn't make a flop.

If it'd have been Dzeko free on goal and not got a shot on target, I suspect he'd have been pilloried on here today...

Football provokes strong emotions, and some players more than others. How fans react to players isn't 100% rational.

samharris said:
pominoz said:
BosnianDragon said:
Even drunk I respect other people and their opinions, no matter how brainless they are.

We are not the ones that "follow" a football team because of one player, brainless indeed.

No...you lot just "follow" one particular thread because of one player..

Tell me, what happened with the give him til christmas comment you made pre season.??

He has been given the chance and not stepped up, even with a new manager giving him the cuddles he needs.
I stand by the Christmas comment, he may turn it around, but it looks unlikely.

As for the "follow one thread" comment, you can talk. If it was not for the Dzeko thread, your post count would be halved . ;)

I don't think there's any disputing that if there was a serious buyer for Dzeko in the summer just gone or even last summer, he probably would've been sold. Personally I rate him very highly and believe that he will play more and score more this season than last.

However I also agree with BD's comments about how Edin should move on and find a club where he will be top man. He'd already walk into and be first choice for Arsenal and Chelsea over all the forwards they have.

My gut tells me he's holding out for a move to Dortmund and when Lewa leaves there next summer he'll get that move. Good luck to him if he does. However between now and then he's a Blue and a top player and has his part to play in whatever trophies we want to win this season.

Fucked off with him though for being a greedy bastard when he came on yesterday. He had two opportunities to play other players in and decided to hit long shots from outside the box. This part of his mentality is what holds him back too often. As a forward if he gives an assist he should see it as as satisfying as scoring a goal.

bluebobom said:
Negredo had a great game yesterday. Among the great stuff he did, though, when he had a clear opening on goal in the second half, he was off target. He still had a great game, because one miss doesn't make a flop.

If it'd have been Dzeko free on goal and not got a shot on target, I suspect he'd have been pilloried on here today...

Football provokes strong emotions, and some players more than others. How fans react to players isn't 100% rational.

I disagree, if Dzeko had of put in the same effort as Negredo and not scored he would not have got any shit on here. That is the problem with him, very little effort and knocking in a few tap-ins (and the occasional good goal) does not make him "world class striker".

BillyShears said:
I don't think there's any disputing that if there was a serious buyer for Dzeko in the summer just gone or even last summer, he probably would've been sold. Personally I rate him very highly and believe that he will play more and score more this season than last.

However I also agree with BD's comments about how Edin should move on and find a club where he will be top man. He'd already walk into and be first choice for Arsenal and Chelsea over all the forwards they have.

My gut tells me he's holding out for a move to Dortmund and when Lewa leaves there next summer he'll get that move. Good luck to him if he does. However between now and then he's a Blue and a top player and has his part to play in whatever trophies we want to win this season.

Fucked off with him though for being a greedy bastard when he came on yesterday. He had two opportunities to play other players in and decided to hit long shots from outside the box. This part of his mentality is what holds him back too often. As a forward if he gives an assist he should see it as as satisfying as scoring a goal.

Thanks. I don't know about Dzeko's contract details (has 1-2 more years). Personally I think he should go back to Germany or Italy. Hope that he will have clubs interested for his services and that City will not add high price tag to it. Ofcourse, it is all upt to City and Dzeko, these are just my wishes.

BosnianDragon said:
BillyShears said:

Thanks. I don't know about Dzeko's contract details (has 1-2 more years). Personally I think he should go back to Germany or Italy. Hope that he will have clubs interested for his services and that City will not add high price tag to it. Ofcourse, it is all upt to City and Dzeko, these are just my wishes.

Forget to mention that he was not really in position to pass the ball since there were no fully open space or player as well as timing of strike before defense close gaps. I think he made right choice and was very close to score. In the other hand, Negredo in same situation with better positioned/opened players hit way off. It is all decission making and personall perception of wiever.

samharris said:
pominoz said:
BosnianDragon said:

No...you lot just "follow" one particular thread because of one player..

Tell me, what happened with the give him til christmas comment you made pre season.??

Leave me out of this. I haven't said shit. Impartial all the way.

Now that we have arguably assembled our best ever squad it's inevitable that several very accomplished players will have to accept rotation or even second billing. It doesn't mean they are shit or being shat upon. It's the price for being part of a potentially world class team while not excelling enough to command automatic selection.

The current level of competition for a starting place could make make the difference between last year's lacklustre effort or winning some serious silverware.

Facts of life. You have to either believe in yourself enough to fight for a place or go join a lesser club.

BosnianDragon said:
BosnianDragon said:
BillyShears said:

Forget to mention that he was not really in position to pass the ball since there were no fully open space or player as well as timing of strike before defense close gaps. I think he made right choice and was very close to score. In the other hand, Negredo in same situation with better positioned/opened players hit way off. It is all decission making and personall perception of wiever.

Agree that Negredo did it too ...

On Dzeko ... he'll have a year left on his contract next summer. In think at that point he'll be affordable enough for Dortmund to do the deal. In fact, had Lewandowski gone this summer to Bayern I think Dortmund would've done the deal this summer.

Honestly i've not completely given up hope of him signing a new contract. But I think that's more wishful thinking on my part. I believe he's already one of our top earners and he won't take a pay cut to stay at City ... whereas he'll take a pay cut to join Dortmund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.