Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
BosnianDragon said:
shevtheblue said:
pudge said:
True, so it would help if you removed yourself from Edin's arse
Boom

I see here some very intelectual posts....., if you don't like Edin don't know what you do on this tread.

-- Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:11 pm --

pudge said:
BosnianDragon said:
I will not go in discussion who is better Dzeko or Aguero. Just mentioned that Dzeko was the best striker last year by all stats. They are two different players, and as Bosnian I might be subjective but Dzeko for me at anytime is better striker than Aguerro. Also was awarded as best striker and player in Bundesliga (which at this moment has higher ranking than PL). Would take him anytime before Aguero for striker position. That is the problem, I think that Aguerro is not tipical striker and should play closer to the middle.
BosnianDragon said:
As Bosnian I might be subjective, but for me he is the best striker
YOU_DONT_SAY.png

Dzeko proved himself as better striker, Aguero still need to do it other way around (was he in any league the best striker, or was he at least the best striker in MC). I understand you love the guy, but isn't my problem.
Again, don't take it personaly, just my opinion.
One thing you need to understand about City fans (in general), we love all our players..even fucking Garcia, while they wear the blue shirt. Dzeko is a top striker, Aguero is a world class striker. Nearly everyone is in agreement over this except Bosnians which is understandable. But don't take your statements too far and pretend Aguero is not world class because you make yourself sound a bit thick.

BlakeTheBlue said:
It's pretty much impossible to hold a constructive debate about Edin Dzeko with a Bosnian. They worship the guy as if he is a god. He symbolizes something very special to a nation of people who have had more than their fair share of the bad times. So for that reason alone i can kind of just let them get on with their blind hero worship.

I once pointed out to them that Edins first touch might not be all that great... Apparently that was because Mancini didn't play him enough, It was Citys fault for not using him "correctly. In know way was it because he just simply has a pretty shit first touch.

However, this "Better than Aguero" bollocks is just too much. As much as i rate Edin as a technically gifted player and a lethal goal scorer, the facts are his attitude isn't always what it should be and in terms of all round play he isn't in the same league as Kun Aguero. But not many are imo. Like i said, theirs only Suarez in the entire league who even comes close.

Here's jusy a few reminders for you if you needed them:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLw5ihPZTZk[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3EwYANjO2I[/youtube]

That second goal against Norwich was just Insane

Again Dzeko is better striker than Aguero, will always be.
In which league Aguero was the best striker? So far was not even the best striker in MC, just your wishes till stats prove you wrong. Maybe one day Aguero funboys but not now......, maybe this season, meybe next or 3 years from know.....He is more middfilder than striker.

BosnianDragon said:
BlakeTheBlue said:
It's pretty much impossible to hold a constructive debate about Edin Dzeko with a Bosnian. They worship the guy as if he is a god. He symbolizes something very special to a nation of people who have had more than their fair share of the bad times. So for that reason alone i can kind of just let them get on with their blind hero worship.

I once pointed out to them that Edins first touch might not be all that great... Apparently that was because Mancini didn't play him enough, It was Citys fault for not using him "correctly. In know way was it because he just simply has a pretty shit first touch.

However, this "Better than Aguero" bollocks is just too much. As much as i rate Edin as a technically gifted player and a lethal goal scorer, the facts are his attitude isn't always what it should be and in terms of all round play he isn't in the same league as Kun Aguero. But not many are imo. Like i said, theirs only Suarez in the entire league who even comes close.

In which league Aguero was the best striker? So far was not even the best striker in MC, just your wishes till stats prove you wrong. Maybe one day Aguero funboys but not now......, maybe this season, meybe next or 3 years from know.....He is more middfilder than striker.

You're either on the Wum or know nothing about football.

I'm going for both options.

I'll leave you for pudge to dismantle even further, if that's possible..........

BosnianDragon said:
BlakeTheBlue said:

Like i said, it's impossible to have a constructive debate about Edin Dzeko with Bosnians. He is more than just a footballer to you. In his Debut season Aguero destroyed everything in his path. You say Edin is the better striker based on last seasons stats without taking into account Aguero was carrying an injury pretty much all season. I would suggest we continue this "debate" (if that's what we can call it) at the end of this season?... If both players stay fully fit i am willing to bet Aguero will be the main man (yet again)... But for reasons we have already established, you will still favour Dzeko no matter what.

BosnianDragon said:
shevtheblue said:
pudge said:
True, so it would help if you removed yourself from Edin's arse
Boom

I see here some very intelectual posts....., if you don't like Edin don't know what you do on this tread.
I'm so glad you said this because now I can put to bed the stereotype surrounding myself and other posters.

I don't hate or not like Dzeko, but it's posters like you that I don't like. Your subjective views, putting it mildly, make it very frustrating to have a different opinion.

Your extreme, blind devotion to him also makes you label said differing opinions as "hate".

Posters like you make it very difficult to see Dzeko in an objective light because you have built him up as some infallible God that when the reality is presented to you, you react like a bunch of teenage girls.

There are posters on here who did start to follow City because of Dzeko's transfer but they also contribute to the forum and are at least subjective when it comes to him and neither I or anyone else has a problem with them. Yet there will always be posters like you who will hang off of him at the hinge end whilst having your eyes shut and your fingers in your ears when someone doesn't do the same.

-- Sep 25th, '13, 21:28 --

BosnianDragon said:
BlakeTheBlue said:

Aguero - 51 goals in 94 games
Dzeko - 43 goals in 115 games

Both fantastic records but there's one that's better, isn't there?

BlakeTheBlue said:
BosnianDragon said:
BlakeTheBlue said:

Like i said, it's impossible to have a constructive debate about Edin Dzeko with Bosnians. He is more than just a footballer to you. In his Debut season Aguero destroyed everything in his path. You say Edin is the better striker based on last seasons stats without taking into account Aguero was carrying an injury pretty much all season. I would suggest we continue this "debate" (if that's what we can call it) at the end of this season?... If both players stay fully fit i am willing to bet Aguero will be the main man (yet again)... But for reasons we have already established, you will still favour Dzeko no matter what.

You dont have to bash all Bosnians because of few poster. I am half Bosnian and i say

Dzeko is better finisher than Aguero
Aguero is better striker and
Aguero is much better all round footballer. ( it is obvious and crazy to talk about it, OK )

You people should talk about HOW TO GET THE BEST OF DZEKO. Because you are not getting it. And what is the best solution for Dzeko and for the Club. The comparations with Aguero are just crazy, ..

This could be posted under different topics too, but because it involves our forwards I'll do it here since it generates most discussion.
What I can say about Dzeko is, as few already mentioned, he's a great finisher but needs to put in more effort to please certain type of supporters. Many supporters love the "bulldog" type of a player, a passionate guy that enters every duel 100% (Tevez, Gattuso, Aguero most of the time, even Giggs, etc.). And the problem is that City featured two of those type players, so naturally we got spoiled by it. There needs to be a balance though in order to have chemistry on top.
What I mind about Dzeko is how he projects a "lack of effort", and just as much (if not more) I mind that Aguero is many times extremely selfish, for all his hard work out there.
In my humble opinion, Dzeko would have much better opportunities and performances when not playing with Aguero (Preseason anyone?). I truly don't know if Aguero doesn't like him or he just decided not to pass a lot in general, but something is apparent out there. It would not be easy, but one thing I would suggest is that Aguero/Negredo get play time together, and Dzeko/Jovetic play together more. But how to split that play time would be an issue for the manager.

Something that many fans of certain players don't realize is that every single one of them performed better on his previous team. Aguero was a beast paired with Forlan, Dzeko was far more lethal with Grafite/Misimovic. I feel that Negredo and Jovetic will have the same destiny, where they'll be great, but never replicate their performances at Sevilla and Fiorentina.
We need a bulldog just as much as we need a poacher, and we can't blame a player for not being something that he's not.
Look at Balotelli today, by no means do I want him back, but that's what it means when a manager and teammates maximize your potential.
(sorry about a fairly long one, but there's so much to say about this that I didn't even break the surface)

pudge said:
BosnianDragon said:
shevtheblue said:

I'm so glad you said this because now I can put to bed the stereotype surrounding myself and other posters.

I don't hate or not like Dzeko, but it's posters like you that I don't like. Your subjective views, putting it mildly, make it very frustrating to have a different opinion.

Your extreme, blind devotion to him also makes you label said differing opinions as "hate".

Posters like you make it very difficult to see Dzeko in an objective light because you have built him up as some infallible God that when the reality is presented to you, you react like a bunch of teenage girls.

There are posters on here who did start to follow City because of Dzeko's transfer but they also contribute to the forum and are at least subjective when it comes to him and neither I or anyone else has a problem with them. Yet there will always be posters like you who will hang off of him at the hinge end whilst having your eyes shut and your fingers in your ears when someone doesn't do the same.

I love City. Aguero is nice guy and good player.
However when you answer the following we can talk fact:

In waht league Aguero was the best striker?
In what league Aguero was the best player?
In what club Aguero was the best striker?

For Dzeko is easy to answer:
The best striker in Bundesliga and before in Chech league.
Awarded as the best player of Bundesliga
The best striker in Wolsburg, Teplice and last year in MC
The best striker so far in World Cup qualification round, was the best in previous one

Can not push him down since he is already proven and formed player.
Dzeko and Aguero are two different type of players, but I'm almost 100% Dzeko will always be better striker, just hope he will leave so he can continue his legacy. Nothing against Aguero or MC

To paraphrase myself

It's like talking to a brick wall, with Dzeko posters all over it.

I guess that works two ways...

BlakeTheBlue said:
It's pretty much impossible to hold a constructive debate about Edin Dzeko with a Bosnian.
To be fair, there are a couple participating in this discussion right now who are being very constructive. Granted, there's one or two who are being a bit baffling about him, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.