Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
BosnianDragon said:
pudge said:
BosnianDragon said:
I see here some very intelectual posts....., if you don't like Edin don't know what you do on this tread.
I'm so glad you said this because now I can put to bed the stereotype surrounding myself and other posters.

I don't hate or not like Dzeko, but it's posters like you that I don't like. Your subjective views, putting it mildly, make it very frustrating to have a different opinion.

Your extreme, blind devotion to him also makes you label said differing opinions as "hate".

Posters like you make it very difficult to see Dzeko in an objective light because you have built him up as some infallible God that when the reality is presented to you, you react like a bunch of teenage girls.

There are posters on here who did start to follow City because of Dzeko's transfer but they also contribute to the forum and are at least subjective when it comes to him and neither I or anyone else has a problem with them. Yet there will always be posters like you who will hang off of him at the hinge end whilst having your eyes shut and your fingers in your ears when someone doesn't do the same.

I love City. Aguero is nice guy and good player.
However when you answer the following we can talk fact:

In waht league Aguero was the best striker?
In what league Aguero was the best player?
In what club Aguero was the best striker?

For Dzeko is easy to answer:
The best striker in Bundesliga and before in Chech league.
Awarded as the best player of Bundesliga
The best striker in Wolsburg, Teplice and last year in MC
The best striker so far in World Cup qualification round, was the best in previous one

Can not push him down since he is already proven and formed player.
Dzeko and Aguero are two different type of players, but I'm almost 100% Dzeko will always be better striker, just hope he will leave so he can continue his legacy. Nothing against Aguero or MC

Accrington Stanley beckons.

JasminBosnia said:
pudge said:
Aguero - 51 goals in 94 games
Dzeko - 43 goals in 115 games

Both fantastic records but there's one that's better, isn't there?

Yeah,

First one is world class striker
Second one is wank, donkey, lamppost, shit, etc.

NO

First one really is world class striker
Second one was a word class striker and now is a vary good striker ( which is unfortunately losing his quality because of many factors ).

OK ??

taconinja said:
BlakeTheBlue said:
It's pretty much impossible to hold a constructive debate about Edin Dzeko with a Bosnian.
To be fair, there are a couple participating in this discussion right now who are being very constructive. Granted, there's one or two who are being a bit baffling about him, too.

Yeah you're right and i apologize to those who are on that level (Zlatan especially seems to be a good poster). But i speak of my general experience of Bosnian fans all over the web, on every Dzeko thread i've seen on every forum. The overwhelming majority of them are just nuts about the guy. It's all a bit creepy.

BlakeTheBlue said:
taconinja said:
BlakeTheBlue said:
It's pretty much impossible to hold a constructive debate about Edin Dzeko with a Bosnian.
To be fair, there are a couple participating in this discussion right now who are being very constructive. Granted, there's one or two who are being a bit baffling about him, too.

Yeah you're right and i apologize to those who are on that level (Zlatan especially seems to be a good poster). But i speak of my general experience of Bosnian fans all over the web, on every Dzeko thread i've seen on every forum. The overwhelming majority of them are just nuts about the guy. It's all a bit creepy.

Thank you for your praise. I know my english is bad and i hope you understand me. I only just start posting today but i have read this forum for almost 2 years. The core of this problem is complex and the true is somewhere in the middle. Majority of the bosnians are nuts about the Dzeko, because they wont him to succeed and be the big name in football, not just a SUB. ( Majority would like him more to be the FIRST STRIKER in ARSENAL, TOTTENAM, BVB, NAPOLI then to be SUB in REAL, BARCA, BAYERN ). To make it core simple. The SECOND things is they want him to succeed, because THEY HAVE SEEN WHAT HE CAN DO. They know he HAD or i hope stil HAVE it in him to be one of best 10 - 15 striker in world. It is not like they want someone with no talent to be vary good. They are not irrational. But the one who are saying he is better than Aguero , Ibrahimovic, Falcao are irrational. And now the big question. Why is Dzeko not preforming ( or at least wasnt before - i still hope he will this year ) to his best. I think it is not the fans fault which are ( most of them ) really amazing, I also think it is not Dzekos fault ( yes he didint play with maximum effort, but there are reasons for it, at least i think so ).
The make it SHORT. The MAIN PROBLEM to me is TOO MANY FIRST CLASS STRIKER in the same time. If it is a good thing every body would do that. And you know that almost nobody does , or you can say nobody. There are just too many egos. All of them worked really hard to become good players and dont like to be second choice, especially Strikers. I think Man. City needs 3 TOP CLASS STRIKERS, not 4 TOP CLASS STRIKERs. If mr. Pellegrini manage to make all of them happy, ( which is a must if you want a player to give max effort ) than he is clearly one of best 3 managers in the world.

Zlatan said:
BlakeTheBlue said:
Rammy Blue said:
When he's in the mood being the operative part as when he's not he can look like a fucking sunday league pub player.

Sunday League is very harsh, He's always got the talent even when he's looking disinterested. But you're right about the mood thing. I knew when i was typing it that the "In the mood" bit was the stand out point. The fact is, as much as i love Edin his biggest problem as far as i can see is his sulky nature. He feels he should be the top dog all the time and that's just not how any great player should look at things imo.

Zabaleta is a prime example. I think he is the best RB in the league and one of the best in the world. But he knows there are times when you might have to play second fiddle. As long as the team is winning, that's all that matters to players like Zaba. He has the clubs best interests at heart above anything else. He's got the skills and the temperament . Edin needs to take a leaf out of Zabas book. But i doubt that will happen.

Best post so far. You have a BIG point here. But i personaly think that you and a lot of people here dont understand Edin in the real way. I am from Balkans so i think i can say i undestand mentality of people down there vary vary good. Only one thing in not true i think. Belive me he doesnt have SULKY NATURE. It is something which is hard to explain to the people outside of balkans. It is "TYPICAL" BALKAN BEHAVIOUR. It is hard to explain it in a few words.
Lol as a Bosnian I can say that you are 100% right!!!

Zlatan said:
BlakeTheBlue said:
taconinja said:

Thank you for your praise. I know my english is bad and i hope you understand me. I only just start posting today but i have read this forum for almost 2 years. The core of this problem is complex and the true is somewhere in the middle. Majority of the bosnians are nuts about the Dzeko, because they wont him to succeed and be the big name in football, not just a SUB. ( Majority would like him more to be the FIRST STRIKER in ARSENAL, TOTTENAM, BVB, NAPOLI then to be SUB in REAL, BARCA, BAYERN ). To make it core simple. The SECOND things is they want him to succeed, because THEY HAVE SEEN WHAT HE CAN DO. They know he HAD or i hope stil HAVE it in him to be one of best 10 - 15 striker in world. It is not like they want someone with no talent to be vary good. They are not irrational. But the one who are saying he is better than Aguero , Ibrahimovic, Falcao are irrational. And now the big question. Why is Dzeko not preforming ( or at least wasnt before - i still hope he will this year ) to his best. I think it is not the fans fault which are ( most of them ) really amazing, I also think it is not Dzekos fault ( yes he didint play with maximum effort, but there are reasons for it, at least i think so ).
The make it SHORT. The MAIN PROBLEM to me is TOO MANY FIRST CLASS STRIKER in the same time. If it is a good thing every body would do that. And you know that almost nobody does , or you can say nobody. There are just too many egos. All of them worked really hard to become good players and dont like to be second choice, especially Strikers. I think Man. City needs 3 TOP CLASS STRIKERS, not 4 TOP CLASS STRIKERs. If mr. Pellegrini manage to make all of them happy, ( which is a must if you want a player to give max effort ) than he is clearly one of best 3 managers in the world.
I think you have a point. I feel that Dzeko is the best of the four as a pure striker of the ball, but I feel he's like your namesake (Zlatan Ibrahimovic) in that the squad needs to be constructed around him. Note: This isn't a bad thing. It's a very good thing because he's the kind of player you can build your squad around. It's the same really for Aguero. City is built around a player of Aguero's type. Tevez was a similar player when the squad construction began. Both Tevez and Aguero work best with a second striker who operates as a Number 9 with a lot of fight in him but will switch off as the central striker with them and then back again centrally. It's a very particular need and I think both Negredo and Jovetic can perform that role.

I think Dortmund would be a perfect destination for him, and I also think we should acknowledge how much talent Dzeko has. As evidence of that, consider he scores a lot of goals in a setup that doesn't suit him nearly as well as it could. He might very well end up going to Dortmund or somewhere similar. My hope is that he has a productive, happy time while he remains at City.

Zlatan said:
JasminBosnia said:
pudge said:
Aguero - 51 goals in 94 games
Dzeko - 43 goals in 115 games

Both fantastic records but there's one that's better, isn't there?

Yeah,

First one is world class striker
Second one is wank, donkey, lamppost, shit, etc.

NO

First one really is world class striker
Second one was a word class striker and now is a vary good striker ( which is unfortunately losing his quality because of many factors ).

OK ??
Lol

taconinja said:
Zlatan said:
BlakeTheBlue said:

I think you have a point. I feel that Dzeko is the best of the four as a pure striker of the ball, but I feel he's like your namesake (Zlatan Ibrahimovic) in that the squad needs to be constructed around him. Note: This isn't a bad thing. It's a very good thing because he's the kind of player you can build your squad around. It's the same really for Aguero. City is built around a player of Aguero's type. Tevez was a similar player when the squad construction began. Both Tevez and Aguero work best with a second striker who operates as a Number 9 with a lot of fight in him but will switch off as the central striker with them and then back again centrally. It's a very particular need and I think both Negredo and Jovetic can perform that role.

I think Dortmund would be a perfect destination for him, and I also think we should acknowledge how much talent Dzeko has. As evidence of that, consider he scores a lot of goals in a setup that doesn't suit him nearly as well as it could. He might very well end up going to Dortmund or somewhere similar. My hope is that he has a productive, happy time while he remains at City.

Thank you for your response.
I agree with the majority of the things you have said.

As for Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Yes The whole team needs to be constructed around him, because of TWO THINGS. ( 1 He has enormous EGO the bigest in the world of football for sure, 2) HE is THAT good that the team should be build around him. )
As for Edin Dzeko. He has the same balkan mentality as IBRA. But IBRA is as his father said in one interview UNIQUE, THE ONE OF ITS KIND. Dzeko to me is still one of the best 15 strikers in the world. Before he joined City he was 1 of the best 10.
* By BALKAN MENTALITY i mean that those players play with full heart, agressive , full of confidence. Unfortunately Dzeko has it in him ( 100 % ) , but he can play that way some games, others he needs to be motivated ( ego pumped ). // that is the inconsistency you all are seeing //IBRA on the other hand also have that mentality but he does not need his ego pumped. I even think he enjoy that everybody are against him so he will prove to them who is the boss. But as i said IBRA is UNIQUE.

Second thing is IBRA is that good that he can be THE ONLY STRIKER up front. The very few are that good. Dzeko is not that good, He needs a striker partner to come to his best. He can vary hardly get the ball drible past 2 players and score. ( IBRA can EASILY )

Sory to disagree but Jovetic i think can not play the number 9 role. But Guidetti can as an alternative. Jovetic is almost the same kind of player as Aguero. The more he will be played you will see that.

TO me the only mistake was to not sell Dzeko and by one extra First class striker. To Me it is not fair to Dzeko or to Negredo. And i doubt that any of those 2 will achieve their maximum. Aguero on other hand i think will do vary good.
I hope i am wrong and they all do well.

Wow i m Bosnian and even in this form Edin show since Pelle is here and he could do a lot better is not near Aguero skill us a player. Only thing where Dzeko is better is that hes more clinical.Aguero also could better him self , pass the ball more often. But Aguero is best striker in City .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.