EFL Cup - 3rd Round Draw (WBA away)

It is getting to the point where it's hard to ignore. Not just 10 in a row away, but 9 out of those 10 against PL teams and the other against a top championship team. Meanwhile that lot seemingly get the easiest home draw imaginable each time. Genuinely can't remember the last time we played a League 1 or 2 side
Arsenal had two non league teams in a row as well last year. Their draws haven't been the toughest since Emirate took over.

Because the odds against it happening are becoming so huge that you have to start to question whether or not it is a pure coincidence. I keep hoping that we get an easy home tie just to put it to bed.

I'm no conspiracy theorist but i'm starting to believe some of football is shadowy and corrupt too.

Of course it's not fixed. Those that genuinely think it is have issues. Far too many conspiracy theorists on here. There's a 1 in 1024 chance of drawing away 10 times in a row, it's a slight anomaly but it isn't unheard of. As for getting a premier league side, if you look at the teams left when we enter and the decreasing number of none premier league sides in it as we get further it's not that unusual really, even more so given that we come into the league cup late when most of the lesser league teams are already out.

So your seriously thinking, Ex player's. Multi millionaires, household names, are being paid to stop City getting home games in cups?

Do you know how fuckin ludicrous that is?

No. If you read my earlier post, you''ll see that I said that I don't think it's fixed. It's a remarkable coincidence though.

Because the odds against it happening are becoming so huge that you have to start to question whether or not it is a pure coincidence. I keep hoping that we get an easy home tie just to put it to bed.

Isn't this just the same as the old question "if you toss a coin 5 times and each times it comes up heads, what are the chances that it will come up heads the 6th time?" - 50%

I would never rule out the chances that a cup draw has been fixed. But the early round of the watsit cup to give City an away draw at WBA? Really? Or that there's an orchestrated conspiracy involving numerous people to continually fix City's draws in every round of every competition, even though the vast majority of the draws that we end up with are entirely winnable?

To those six people I say:

I respect your opinion despite disagreeing myself. Hopefully this allows some interesting discourse in the future

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.