Elon Musk buys and ruins Twitter

No. I never bother about anyone else's opinion. I get a kick out of people's massive over reactions to stuff that goes on. Social media has made the world that way. Going off your post I'd imagine you're probably one of the bed wetters that will cry yourself to sleep if they let Trump back on Twatter.
You do realise that Trump incited the attempted coup through social media?

Not sure anyone will be crying themselves to sleep (is that even possible? I can’t fathom how you can cry and fall asleep at the same time) about Trump being allowed back on, but the serial misinformation spreader shouldn’t have a voice on social media for me. Or if he does, his posts should be put through to a fact checker organisation first before being posted.

You do realise that Trump incited the attempted coup through social media?

Not sure anyone will be crying themselves to sleep (is that even possible? I can’t fathom how you can cry and fall asleep at the same time) about Trump being allowed back on, but the serial misinformation spreader shouldn’t have a voice on social media for me. Or if he does, his posts should be put through to a fact checker organisation first before being posted.

All he's going to do is provide more evidence to bring him down.

For anyone who wants to understand how big a mess Musk is now in -

I see he’s already rowed back from being “a free speech absolutionist” to saying a diverse group of people will make up a moderation council to (not) reinstate people.

Aka he’s already realised he can’t run twitter the way he was dreaming of.

There are many who are genuinely upset that Musk has taken over twitter, that upset they have decided to delete their accounts because their echo chambers might be severely disrupted.

Fucked if they have to listen to other peoples opinions without redress ;)
No.

As I wrote on another thread:

I get a fair amount of value from Twitter for work and for news, for sport(s) and music too. I almost never tweet and when I do it isn’t profound. But I don’t want to spend every day blocking people. If Elon efffectively allows it to be a free for all, being on Twitter will be like owning an apartment where thieves break in every day and shit and piss on the floor and I have to clean up the mess they made if I still want to live there since my landlord Twitter refuses to lock the main front entrance to the building.

Nothing to do with an “echo chamber” which is a bullshit term used only by losers to describe winners in the marketplace of ideas. I simply dislike racists and idiots. I don’t want to be trapped in a room with them. Do you?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.