Emmanuel Adebayor/Spuds

Heads you win, tails we lose - hindsight is a wonderful thing but unless your a clairvoyant then no-one knows what the future holds.
Did speak with a couple of Arsenal friends who predicted that he would be great at first for us but then the love would fade away - as happened at AFC. Again its guess work.
What other options did we have then?
Let him rot in the reserves - like we havent been able to do with Tevez or let him go on loan somewhere.
We are stuck with a few players on high wages and thats our fault as a club - lets see how they do second half of the season with the great Adebayor. If they win it then it will have been us that lost it rather than anyone else winning it.

m35 blue68 said:
Heads you win, tails we lose - hindsight is a wonderful thing but unless your a clairvoyant then no-one knows what the future holds.
Did speak with a couple of Arsenal friends who predicted that he would be great at first for us but then the love would fade away - as happened at AFC. Again its guess work.
Let him rot in the reserves - like we havent been able to do with Tevez or let him go on loan somewhere.
We are stuck with a few players on high wages and thats our fault as a club - lets see how they do second half of the season with the great Adebayor. If they win it then it will have been us that lost it rather than anyone else winning it.

Hindsight?

Many people were critical of this deal when it was first mooted.

One of the governing principles of business/war/football is that you don't strengthen your rivals. Many on here thought Spurs weren't our rivals. They were always wrong in that view.

Supposedly Real Madrid offered us £5m for Ade. We should have taken it. Alternatively we should have tied Spurs down to a permanent deal at some point.

But now Spurs can make Champions League, send Ade back to us having done his job and they will spend their £20m on someone else... and we will be back to square one trying to find a club for Adebayor. Madness.

dw7 said:
no he has to stay at spurs until the end of the season

I heard Marcotti say on ESPN yesterday he believes that a sell on clause to any side if they match our valuation is available to us and Spurs have consented to that.

Marcotti is usually on the mark with his sources on these matters.

Problem is who will meet his wage demands if he doesn't want to take a big drop in wages to move permantly to PSG in the January window for example.

He will not be at Spurs next season as we will not pay for the majority/all of his wages ala Bellamy at Cardiff last season.

As Tolmie said our days of charity partly a result of our poor management and recruitment of these players and their conditions /contracts in the first place are slowly but surely evaporating.

i think it makes it interesting, who cares, he can't stay good all season. You know Ade, when the going gets tough, Ade don't wanna know. It won't be an easy run in for anyone.

I have always liked Ade and his ability but he needs to feel loved perhaps albeit to a much lesser degree and in different ways to Tevez.

Mancini froze him out and their are two sides to every story.

If it comes back to bite us then so be it.

I always thought Spurs were a real threat in the premiership from day 1 Ade or no Ade , they have been knocking on the door the past two seasons and have a quality midfield and like it or not as much as Harry is a salesman and not a manager most players like to play for him and do well for his sake as much as their own.

We all said that Manure were on the slide and Chelsea's squad was aging and Arsenal lost their best player to Barca and we took their second best player so someone else was bound to step up to the mark.

All we can do is do everything to ensure no matter how Manure , Spurs and Chelsea and Arsenal for that matter go from hear on in we go at least as well if not better points wise.

I still think 80-82 points will be enough to win it this year but we shall see.

Soulboy said:
m35 blue68 said:

Hindsight?

One of the governing principles of business/war/football is that you don't strengthen your rivals. Many on here thought Spurs weren't our rivals. They were always wrong in that view.

Supposedly Real Madrid offered us £5m for Ade. We should have taken it. Alternatively we should have tied Spurs down to a permanent deal at some point.

But now Spurs can make Champions League, send Ade back to us having done his job and they will spend their £20m on someone else... and we will be back to square one trying to find a club for Adebayor. Madness.

other option was??

m35 blue68 said:
Soulboy said:
m35 blue68 said:

Hindsight?

other option was??

The guy has a reasonable scoring record and still has some good football left in him plus Togo struggle to make the ANT's.

On the contract he is on and on what we paid for him I doubt we would value him at 5m for a permanent deal.

15m and we might start to at least reply to the phone call or fax.

If we want 25m for a dork like Tevez then surely we can attract 15m for someone who at least shows up to Training.

m35 blue68 said:
Soulboy said:
m35 blue68 said:

Hindsight?

other option was??

Sell to Real Madrid for £5m?

Negotiate a deal that compelled Spurs to sign if various triggers are met?

Do what we did with Tevez?

We've "saved" about £7m on giving Adebayor to Spurs (£2m loan fee and £5m wages)... given that we're prepared to drop £20m on the Tevez deal to offload him, we might have been better giving Adebayor a free?

The money we've saved by giving Adebayor to Spurs could look like chicken-feed if it comes back to bite us on the arse.

In management it's all about risk and reward. I think we got this one wrong.

No biggie.

Ade is one of those players if he knows he's the number 1 striker and he'll start every game everything is Rosie in the Garden if he'd been sat on the Bench most of the season like Defoe he'd have a face like a slapped arse and moaning like Fuck! Thing is Twitcher knows this so he'll start every game even if he's had a mare for the last 2 or 3 games!! Is it blind faith or good management that's the question........

LoveCity said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
The most bizarre loan deal I have ever seen, surely we could have offered him to a team like malaga or psg who have just been took over by billionaires on a cut price deal but instead we send him to one of our rivals.

We did! This is the annoying thing about this tw@t, PSG and Zenit (and Blackburn) wanted him and were willing to pay good money but HE said no.

“I say thank you to PSG for thinking of me but for all the respect I owe them, I will not go there,”

“At Real, I got a taste for what it’s like winning a trophy. I can only go where we play to win a trophy or win the championship and not to play mid-table.”

It is clear that I will not (win trophies) at Zenit or Blackburn.”

rqxahe.jpg

Why would he want to go to Russia? Ask Odemwinge the kind of treatment he got there!

-- Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:57 am --

CheesySmoker said:
"The other week, one of the lads told him that he had not paid his £50 fine for being the worst player in training on a Friday morning. One of the lads said to him: 'Bl**dy hell, Ade, you are on 200 grand a week and you can't afford to pay a £50 fine!' He replied: 'Don't insult me, it's 225!'"

Get this filth out of our club!

taken from <a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7427949/Wage-warning-for-Adebayor" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... r-Adebayor</a>

If you believe these kinds of random quotes then you have a problem.<br /><br />-- Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:59 am --<br /><br />
Mike D said:
kismet said:
There has been a lot on this subject already however I remain mystified why we allowed this. Spurs at the start of the season were a threat, they got Parker and Friedel who are quality. Redknapp just wanted a target man as it was not Crouch, Pavlechenko or Defoe. Adebayor was ideal. He was the missing link.

Why on earth we did this and pay half his salary is a shambles, who authorised it.

In todays press, Redknapp, Van De Vart and rubbishing our club and the way we go about things.

If Spurs did win the Prem then whoever allowed this would have to go.

He already has Garry Cook was the man who allowed this I do believe

You only believe so because you never liked Cook in the first place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.