Empty seats on telly suggestion

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Tim of the Oak said:
alblue said:
Why are people so concerned about others turning up or not turning up to the match at any club?
I have missed quite a few this year due to work, family, holidays etc am I worried that somebody thinks I shouldn't have my season ticket or that some united fan who never goes anyway will take the piss? Am I balls.

If you want to go, then go. If you don't then don't, simple.

Hi alblue. The majority view of posters in this thread are of the opinion that a few empty seats aren't a big deal - particularly in a week before Xmas.

My own view is that people should try to pass on spares to friends / family wherever possible. A few people in my supporters Club are away over Xmas or New Year so I have arranged for people who would love to go to the Burnley and Sunderland games to have them.

I can't always find takers even if giving them away which I normally do if it's a mate.

Other issue is giving your cards to a stranger if selling and hoping they come back! I assume I could maybe order paper tickets though so maybe just laziness as lots of people are.

I've actually got a spare for Burnley or son has but it's 18-21. He paid £580 for his ST I pay about £750. Upgrade cost for one game £21. Now for me that is a pisstake and the club are just trying to squeeze the fan there. I can understand the need to pay the difference but for me it should be £750-580/19 not £21.

Good points Millwall veteran. I was thinking more about passing tickets to friends / family and yes I'd be concerned about passing my season card to strangers (unless I can get the card straight back after going through the turnstiles).

The club have offered free upgrades in the past so I can understand them wanting more than 1/19th of the season ticket price for bigger games.

Tim of the Oak said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Tim of the Oak said:
Hi alblue. The majority view of posters in this thread are of the opinion that a few empty seats aren't a big deal - particularly in a week before Xmas.

My own view is that people should try to pass on spares to friends / family wherever possible. A few people in my supporters Club are away over Xmas or New Year so I have arranged for people who would love to go to the Burnley and Sunderland games to have them.

I can't always find takers even if giving them away which I normally do if it's a mate.

Other issue is giving your cards to a stranger if selling and hoping they come back! I assume I could maybe order paper tickets though so maybe just laziness as lots of people are.

I've actually got a spare for Burnley or son has but it's 18-21. He paid £580 for his ST I pay about £750. Upgrade cost for one game £21. Now for me that is a pisstake and the club are just trying to squeeze the fan there. I can understand the need to pay the difference but for me it should be £750-580/19 not £21.

Good points Millwall veteran. I was thinking more about passing tickets to friends / family and yes I'd be concerned about passing my season card to strangers (unless I can get the card straight back after going through the turnstiles).

The club have offered free upgrades in the past so I can understand them wanting more than 1/19th of the season ticket price for bigger games.

Maybe they do but the end result for me is likely to be they get no extra money and the seat next to me stays empty and therein lies the problem!

I wouldn't class Burnley as a big game either despite the day it's on. There is too much trying to screw the fan going on this year.

If the pricing structure remains the same next season i can see more seats being empty as more of those that currently take the tickets from season ticket holders that cant go will have their own st, and even if you know you will miss 4 or 5 games it is Still cheaper to get a st than matchday tickets

jaigurugoat said:
remember arthur mann said:
I suggest you get back to the darkside !

The cellar?

In all seriousness, I always say to our detractors, it's difficult to leave the super heated concourse that has hot pies and excellent real ale on tap, first rate toilet facilities, heated seats and hand dryers and gigantic screens showing the match, yes, it is difficult to return to your comfy padded seats !

squirtyflower said:
OP
if you don't like seeing empty seats watching it on TV, can I suggest you go to the game and stop watching it on TV
mr squirtyflower, think Bill will vouch for me - only missed moscow away this season (paid for it ) .... i'll accept you appology though

law74 said:
If the pricing structure remains the same next season i can see more seats being empty as more of those that currently take the tickets from season ticket holders that cant go will have their own st, and even if you know you will miss 4 or 5 games it is Still cheaper to get a st than matchday tickets
You will always have a small percentage of season ticket holders who don't go - especially for live games at awkward times.

Match ticket pricing next season will depend on season ticket uptake.

If we're left with 5,000 match day tickets to sell then match-day prices will remain as high as they are now - because City will know they can sell them at almost any price. If the ratio of seasoncard holders/capacity goes up next season, as it might, then the temptation to keep prices will remain if it goes down, then match-day prices will probably fall.

183sash said:
squirtyflower said:
OP
if you don't like seeing empty seats watching it on TV, can I suggest you go to the game and stop watching it on TV
mr squirtyflower, think Bill will vouch for me - only missed moscow away this season (paid for it ) .... i'll accept you appology though
mr sash, no need for an apology, switch off the TV and stop twitching the curtains wondering what others think
as long as you are at the game what on earth does it matter who else was or wasn't there?

i know a number of regulars that went shopping instead of the game, the daft cunts, but that was their choice and none of my business

squirtyflower said:
183sash said:
squirtyflower said:
OP
mr sash, no need for an apology, switch off the TV and stop twitching the curtains wondering what others think
as long as you are at the game what on earth does it matter who else was or wasn't there?

i know a number of regulars that went shopping instead of the game, the daft c**ts, but that was their choice and none of my business

I don't think they get a choice !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.