Empty seats on telly suggestion

The OP comes on here making an honest suggestion and gets slaughtered by a lot of people for it. Why the fuck can't you just not say anything rather than calling the poor guy a rag?
Wankers!

Aesthetically, it does look shit when any ground has empty seats. When a stadium is packed it does look much better.

And it is shit when games are "sold out" (I actually don't know if yesterday was, but generally speaking...) only for loads of seats to remain empty.

But both Milan clubs average around 35000 for league games, in an 80000 stadium; Barça have, on average, about 35000 empty seats for league games; United have lied about attendance figures for years; and last year I was reading on an Arsenal forum their fans saying they reckon their real average attendance would be around 54000 but they just 'sell' it as 60000.

It does happen all over the place. Doesn't make it any less shit. But that's just the way things are.

KippaxCitizen said:
Aesthetically, it does look shit when any ground has empty seats. When a stadium is packed it does look much better.

And it is shit when games are "sold out" (I actually don't know if yesterday was, but generally speaking...) only for loads of seats to remain empty.

But both Milan clubs average around 35000 for league games, in an 80000 stadium; Barça have, on average, about 35000 empty seats for league games; United have lied about attendance figures for years; and last year I was reading on an Arsenal forum their fans saying they reckon their real average attendance would be around 54000 but they just 'sell' it as 60000.

Arsenal announce as seats sold now because fans who can't get tickets see empty seats and think why can't I Get a ticket with All those empty seats

mrtwiceaseason said:
Sheik Yermoney said:
Here's a very simple suggestion. Bring the ticket prices down & make them affordable.
OR you could charge £21 for a five year old and £29 for a 16 year old and wonder why mum and dad decided to take them Xmas shopping instead !! Yet again city driving families out !!!

Most of the tickets have been sold - as another poster said - so some people are choosing not to turn up.

In all for affordable ticket prices but that wasn't the main reason for a few empty seats. I think you will see more empty seats next year as some won't be arsed turning up every week if the have a £299 season ticket.

Why are people so concerned about others turning up or not turning up to the match at any club?
I have missed quite a few this year due to work, family, holidays etc am I worried that somebody thinks I shouldn't have my season ticket or that some united fan who never goes anyway will take the piss? Am I balls.

If you want to go, then go. If you don't then don't, simple.

First off, the OP is not a rag. He was on the beach before we played Barca in a friendly a few years ago, so strange to see people questioning his loyalty.

From what I saw on motd, almost every game had empty seats. As is usually the way the Saturday before Christmas. Club need to be a bit more flexible in their approach to upgrading ticket for people who can't make it. Could do with sorting out the transport after the game as well.

djimaldblue said:
The OP comes on here making an honest suggestion and gets slaughtered by a lot of people for it. Why the fuck can't you just not say anything rather than calling the poor guy a rag?
Wankers!
Thanks Dad ...... Some people on here obviously dont go for a pint after the match and get all the "emptihad" jibes off their otherclubsupporting mates or go on social media or read the tabloids - just trying to be constructive !!

alblue said:
Why are people so concerned about others turning up or not turning up to the match at any club?
I have missed quite a few this year due to work, family, holidays etc am I worried that somebody thinks I shouldn't have my season ticket or that some united fan who never goes anyway will take the piss? Am I balls.

Hi alblue. The majority view of posters in this thread are of the opinion that a few empty seats aren't a big deal - particularly in a week before Xmas.

My own view is that people should try to pass on spares to friends / family wherever possible. A few people in my supporters Club are away over Xmas or New Year so I have arranged for people who would love to go to the Burnley and Sunderland games to have them.

Tim of the Oak said:
alblue said:

Hi alblue. The majority view of posters in this thread are of the opinion that a few empty seats aren't a big deal - particularly in a week before Xmas.

My own view is that people should try to pass on spares to friends / family wherever possible. A few people in my supporters Club are away over Xmas or New Year so I have arranged for people who would love to go to the Burnley and Sunderland games to have them.

I can't always find takers even if giving them away which I normally do if it's a mate.

Other issue is giving your cards to a stranger if selling and hoping they come back! I assume I could maybe order paper tickets though so maybe just laziness as lots of people are.

I've actually got a spare for Burnley or son has but it's 18-21. He paid £580 for his ST I pay about £750. Upgrade cost for one game £21. Now for me that is a pisstake and the club are just trying to squeeze the fan there. I can understand the need to pay the difference but for me it should be £750-580/19 not £21.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.