England v Croatia | Euro 2020 Group Stage

I really do not get the opprobrium shown towards Southgate.

He is a bright intelligent fella, he speaks well, writes well, he has an air of quiet self confidence. He is passionate and his record is good. He also makes brave decisions such as starting Raheem when many thought he should not. Giving players belief is a huge part of the job and he obviously believes in Raheem and to such an extent when Kane came off Raheem took the armband. Being England manager at football and Captain of the England cricket team are two of the most high powered roles in sport. He deals with expectations well, and he has to be an ambassador for the country as well as a manager and he looks very comfortable doing that.

Tactically he is sound, the players have a look of togetherness, there has been none of the histrionics and silliness associated with other England teams in the past, that says to me he commands the respect of the players and they look a happy bunch. That is half the battle for an England manager who in the past has had club cliques to deal with.

He will improve as well and when his time as England manager comes to an end, I am sure their will be big clubs who will look at him,

Since his breakthrough season at Sunderland, where he was fucking busy and made some decent saves, has he ever done anything to justify him being England’s keeper?

Henderson/Johnstone are far better options. They don’t seem addicted to Red Bull.
He looks a headless chicken, strange mentality for a goalkeeper , get's far too excitable for me.

Makes you realise how fortunate we are to have Ederson.

To be fair Beanie could have got us to the semi-finals of that competition, we had such a nice path and we nearly messed it up.

A late injury-time winner after a dismal performance against Tunisia, an easy victory over Panama followed by our understrength team being outclassed by Belgium's understrength team.

We went through on penalties against Colombia, the winners of the poorest group, followed by a favourable quarter-final v Sweden (the easiest opposition in the quarters).

The first decent opposition we came up against we lost, had we had a better tactician we may have even won the game.

Not Southgate's fault, he steadied the ship but should he leave his England role he'll be lucky to land a job in the Championship.
Spot on! It's amazing how few pundits, fans seem to remember this. We were dead lucky to reach the sf. Gareth's a nice enough bloke but he ain't no great shakes as a coach. He's an FA man though, and will keep his job for years. : (

I really do not get the opprobrium shown towards Southgate.

He is a bright intelligent fella, he speaks well, writes well, he has an air of quiet self confidence. He is passionate and his record is good. He also makes brave decisions such as starting Raheem when many thought he should not. Giving players belief is a huge part of the job and he obviously believes in Raheem and to such an extent when Kane came off Raheem took the armband. Being England manager at football and Captain of the England cricket team are two of the most high powered roles in sport. He deals with expectations well, and he has to be an ambassador for the country as well as a manager and he looks very comfortable doing that.

Tactically he is sound, the players have a look of togetherness, there has been none of the histrionics and silliness associated with other England teams in the past, that says to me he commands the respect of the players and they look a happy bunch. That is half the battle for an England manager who in the past has had club cliques to deal with.

He will improve as well and when his time as England manager comes to an end, I am sure their will be big clubs who will look at him,

When he leaves England after winning nothing he be lucky to get the managers job at a championship club. Southgate couldn`t stir a cup of team never mind the emotions of a squad of footballers.

He looks a headless chicken, strange mentality for a goalkeeper , get's far too excitable for me.

Makes you realise how fortunate we are to have Ederson.
Every time he cleared the ball that is exactly how I thought.

He got us to the semis of the wc, what capabilities has he been promoted beyond?

I think he's doing a decent job. We're playing some good stuff at timrs, there's even City style in their, we 've become a model to follow.. But he's doing it well, England are capable of getting to the semi's and Southgate , well who would do better? Besides Pep?
City style? I must have been watching a different game :)

I think Southgate is championship level at best, someone like Mancini would have him on toast.

He seems a nice guy but I think this squad deserves better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.