England v Slovakia - Sun 30th June, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Round of 16

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
few things to unpick here.

I think i agree on the expectations but at a different angle , I don't expect England to win a tournament - even if we really do have the best players and manager - why? because it's tournament football, anything can happen. Only takes one poor performance and you get knocked out, unlucky hitting woodwork, a red card, bad officiating, few players off there game - so many factors ... as Man City have found out in the Champions League right? winning it once out of 9/10 attempts? when you have one of the best manager and players in the world does that make Pep a bad manager in Europe? i think not, there's loads of other factors and lets not forget rival clubs/countries who are also very good. why do we have a divine right?

As repeated often, so many have different view on which players should be starting and what tactics and subs should be made - how can any manager please ? I'm thinking Saka should be starting left back v Switzerland - other fans would strongly disagree - so if Saka doesn't start should i go mad at Southgate? join in the fun and just vent and moan that he hasn't started the same team that i demand.

Yes, I'm content and happy when England win whether we play great or shit, preferably great but often sides that win tournaments scrape through matches and it's never always pretty.

Your only basis of success is you HAVE to win a tournament, that's it. everything else is failure. that's never sat right with me, there can only be one winner, there's hundreds of teams in Europe, it's unfair to label a manager and the players failures if they don't lift a trophy, its a very tough ask. statistically and overall Southgate will go down as one of England's best ever managers - you may hate that fact but unfortunately it's the truth.

we are in the final 8 once again, other good sides won't make it this far , try just try to be a little positive.

I think that’s a very fair point. A lot of it’s the media hyping England up to the point of no return. I’d rather we played well and get beat than play absolutely horrendous to watch stuff and get to a final.

Southgate doesn’t help himself either with some of the shit he does, I’m getting bored of moaning about him now. He’s done well to get the team rivalry stuff quashed, he should be applauded for that. I do think he’s going to regret taking us to another tournament and all of the good stuff he has done will get forgotten about. He should have resigned after the World Cup and taken everybody’s best wishes.

The media before every finals is way over the top England wise.
It is not very often you get a side far less players living up to the hype.
This team though has been rotten for some reason.I have never seen so many players bang average at best.
Yesterday was as bad as it gets.Not one player was above 5 out of 10,including subs.
The clamour for Gordon to start is laughable as well.As if he would solve all of their problems.

Last edited:
I'm actually at the point where I want England knocked out now.

As soon as Bellingham equalised yesterday I KNEW the narrative would stop correctly being about how shit Southgate is and move to being all about how "the problem is foden". Bellingham And kane, both of whom had done fuck all for 90 mins, score and now everyone is back to complaining about foden.

If we win the thing now (in spite of Southgate) he'll go down as a hero and foden will have been holding us back all along.

We win it then we have to run into teams that are just as negative as us :(

We come across one half decent game who will go after us then we are simply done for.

Even at 1-0 down yesterday we never looked like scoring and the only reason we got away with it was down to Slovakia trying to see it out ............had they gone after us they would have gone through yesterday

We win it then we have to run into teams that are just as negative as us :(

We come across one half decent game who will go after us then we are simply done for.

Even at 1-0 down yesterday we never looked like scoring and the only reason we got away with it was down to Slovakia trying to see it out ............had they gone after us they would have gone through yesterday
Would have been all over if the lad had scored from the freek kick fuck up.

Bell end could get suspended from the 1/4 final for his gesture, I doubt it, but if he did and they dropped Foden in there and we wiped the floor with the Swiss would he put him back in?

Bell end could get suspended from the 1/4 final for his gesture, I doubt it, but if he did and they dropped Foden in there and we wiped the floor with the Swiss would he put him back in?
Think we know the answer to that one.

Even if the Waistcoat gets the boot I can see Lampard being the next yes man in the role.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.