England v Slovakia - Sun 30th June, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Round of 16

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Perhaps it’s more the nature of international football though is the point.

Yes,you've said all that before about international football,and I agree,up to a point.
But even taking the vagaries of international football into account,as well as the shortish times international coaches have with their players etc.

We simply haven't had a good enough manager to get the best out of the undoubted talent that he has available.

I was specifically talking about the effectiveness of their forward and midfield pressing. It was excellent and done as a team. That’s all I said

Fair enough, I thought they were poor and sloppy - even with the pressing Belgium were cutting through, if Lukaku could actually control a football Belgium would have won that.

Fair enough, I thought they were poor and sloppy - even with the pressing Belgium were cutting through, if Lukaku could actually control a football Belgium would have won that.
If England could press that poorly I’d be fucking delighted. We don’t press as a team, don’t attack as a team, don’t defend as a team. We are a loosely connected group of individuals “coached” by a tactical moron

England have had managers in the past that have won everything domestically - how did that fair for us ? Sven, Capello - all had very impressive CVs, why didn't we win the tournament if its all about that?

Southgate doesn't have an impressive domestic CV and it turns out he has been one of England's greatest ever managers statistically and taking us all way to semi/final in recent tournaments.

His tactics may not please many, but they have been a big part of us progressing consistently in major tournaments - there's only so many times you can label him 'lucky
If Im honest, I used to follow england a little differently. There was little chance of any success with city so I’d hope England could do something, especially with bobby robson and terry venables teams.

Now it’s completely different, I’ve had a fill of success with city and with beautiful football. All I want from England now is to be entertained and if we win - brilliant.

Probably why I cant stand southgates football. I’ve seen first hand what a good coach can do with good players. Southgate is a not a good coach. He’s being given a 40 day dry aged prime rib and he’s cutting it up and putting it in tater hash.

Last edited:
Given there is zero chance of him dropping Kane, Bellingham or Rice, or bringing in Wharton, I‘d hope for something like this for Switzerland:

—————————Pickford————
————Walker—Stones—Konsa—-
Alexander-Arnold-Mainoo-Rice-Saka
—————————Foden——————
——————Kane———Bellingham

Pains me to have ‚Trent‘ in there. But would be worth it to get Foden in the middle.

Given there is zero chance of him dropping Kane, Bellingham or Rice, or bringing in Wharton, I‘d hope for something like this for Switzerland:

—————————Pickford————
————Walker—Stones—Konsa—-
Alexander-Arnold-Mainoo-Rice-Saka
—————————Foden——————
——————Kane———Bellingham

Pains me to have ‚Trent‘ in there. But would be worth it to get Foden in the middle.

Are you mad?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.