England v Slovakia - Sun 30th June, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Round of 16

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The same Portugal that had already won the group and made wholesale changes for what was, for them, a meaningless match? That Portugal?

Yes, they were still heavy favorites, they were still expected to win, on paper they were the far superior side and it was a shock result. If not Portugal then Austria beating Holland, Slovakia beating Belgium. Man Utd beating City in the final. point being - lesser teams beat big teams all the time. It's football.

Last edited:
Yes there can, It's football. Favored teams don't always win. look at Portugal last night.
Can come down to bad luck on the night, a red card, decisions not going our way, few players off their game. so many factors. that's the beauty of the game.
the whole entitlement we have, looking down at other teams and demanding we beat them is crap imo.

Yes. It is true. Occasionally, a Wigan can beat a Manchester City. A second division Sunderland can beat a rampant Leeds United (1973 FA Cup final). An Iceland can indeed beat an England. It does happen. It's very rare.
It will indeed be disgraceful if England fail to get through to the final. Everything seems to have been cleared away for them. It is weird. If I didn't know better, I'd say it was fixed.
It is entirely reasonable to expect them to do it. Not demand. But expect.
But hey — England are capable of anything, eh? Even losing to a team that is ranked 45th in the current FIFA rankings.

I'm expecting one decent performance, possibly an early goal which will bring the Slovaks out and give us a bit more space. A performance that will give us hope and make us believe.

Then a penalty shoutout exit to Italy.

Familiar territory. England will scrape past the last 16 and quarters by the odd goal and a pen shoot out before being beaten by their first real test after going ahead then sitting back.
That will be enough to give him another extension and we can do it all again at the next tournament whilst reading bluehammers posts that have been copied and pasted proclaiming him to be the messiah.

Can’t wait.

Familiar territory. England will scrape past the last 16 and quarters by the odd goal and a pen shoot out before being beaten by their first real test after going ahead then sitting back.
That will be enough to give him another extension and we can do it all again at the next tournament whilst reading bluehammers posts that have been copied and pasted proclaiming him to be the messiah.

Can’t wait.

This is Southgate’s last tournament no matter what , so the whole obsession of hating him will just pass on to the next guy who picks up the poison chalice.
If England ‘scrape’ into the QF I’ll be delighted.

Just had email from FA regarding ticket sales for this game, our official allocation is 6,662 on sale tomorrow so it's great when you see 25,000+ in the ground, looking forward to it.

This is Southgate’s last tournament no matter what , so the whole obsession of hating him will just pass on to the next guy who picks up the poison chalice.
If England ‘scrape’ into the QF I’ll be delighted.
Of course you will be delighted. You have low expectations and are just happy to sit like a nodding dog making excuses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.