England v Slovakia - Sun 30th June, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Round of 16

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
This is Southgate’s last tournament no matter what , so the whole obsession of hating him will just pass on to the next guy who picks up the poison chalice.
If England ‘scrape’ into the QF I’ll be delighted.
It's called constructive criticism, no one on here hates Southgate on a personal level. They just realise that he is out of his depth, which is repeatedly proven by his decision making.

Gone back to England for the birth of his 3rd child! He gets back Saturday Southgate could use that as an excuse to change the team up because we know how weak he is to change anything unless he has an excuse
I agree, but he has form for playing Foden out of position and then dropping him. Southgate is simply unable to see what Foden does and isn't aware that he is the best no 10 England has. Its almost as if he's never seen him play.

This is Southgate’s last tournament no matter what , so the whole obsession of hating him will just pass on to the next guy who picks up the poison chalice.
=======
So will I, but it doesn’t alter the fact his tactics are so negative and the football is turgid

So do the rest of us, we just expect England to play to our strengths you expect us to play to our weaknesses and are satisfied when that is what we do.

I would like nothing more than to see us blow away teams playing like Man City but i'm also a realist and i see at International level that doesn't really happen often, there's less cohesion between the players and it shows for all nations, we seem to just think we should walk over teams - often smaller nations pack the box, fall over loads, fake injuries, make it really scrappy - it's this which makes the match shit to watch more than tactics and formations, that doesn't always justify a poor result and i've admitted we've been poor this tournament. but ultimately it is about the results and progressing, we do and have done that under Southgate for many years.

I wouldn't call it winning Football no matter hard you try and disect it. Same with Moyes. It is mediocre at best the way Southgate sets up England. The smaller nations currently do not fear England despite their salaries and percieved reputations.

I wouldn't call it winning Football no matter hard you try and disect it. Same with Moyes. It is mediocre at best the way Southgate sets up England. The smaller nations currently do not fear England despite their salaries and percieved reputations.

they don't seem to fear France, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Portugal either judging from what i've seen this tournament.

they don't seem to fear France, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Portugal either judging from what i've seen this tournament.
They do fear those nations a lot more than England. Serbia fancied their chances and with a bit of extra quality would have gotten a draw in the opening game. England's only win

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.