England v Slovakia - Sun 30th June, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Round of 16

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Yes. It is true. Occasionally, a Wigan can beat a Manchester City. A second division Sunderland can beat a rampant Leeds United (1973 FA Cup final). An Iceland can indeed beat an England. It does happen. It's very rare.
It will indeed be disgraceful if England fail to get through to the final. Everything seems to have been cleared away for them. It is weird. If I didn't know better, I'd say it was fixed.
It is entirely reasonable to expect them to do it. Not demand. But expect.
But hey — England are capable of anything, eh? Even losing to a team that is ranked 45th in the current FIFA rankings.
Uefa are desperate for England to win something. Its not good for European football for England to be potless after so many years.
It's bad for the brand.
It's like the premier league looking to put a new name on the league title each year.
England are a big noise on the international football corridors of power.
That last euros was literally built for England to win it.
The only thing now stopping England from winning anything is the fa and the manager. They will only win it when it is corrupt because they (fa and mgr) are inept beyond belief.

getting them to semi finals and final hasn't been wasted. valuable in fact.
I'd argue it has been wasted becuase he hasn't learned from it. The semi final v Croatia should have been a lesson, dont spend 80 mins on back foot to protect a lead, but Southgate committed the exact same mistake in the final v Italy. He didn't learn anything. We've seen the exact same tactic and MO v Serbia and Denmark so far. Slovenia were happy to camp and take a point so posed no threat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.