England v Slovenia - Tue 25th June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not sure ykno. Pep can obviously elevate club football to ridiculous levels when given time, but he also clearly has a deep and almost spiritual intuition for football itself. You know he's sat there watching England with at least 10 solutions to the various problems he's seeing, and he'd have 10 more after one training session with the squad. Every single one of which would be better than what 99% of other coaches would come up with.
He would. So would the manager of Austria and the manager of Switzerland. They have got their players organised and knowing what they are doing ie tactics and playing as a team. Something that we seem to be lacking of. You can see our players are frustrated with the lack of all these fundamental, basic things on a football pitch and I’m just an England supporter who wants them to win convincingly.

Genuinely, would you have Southgate at West Ham over Moyes or Lopetegui?

I never wanted Moyes to go and ideally would have kept him.

would of been happy with Southgate to come in after - think he would actually be a good fit for us.

Kanes such a boring, happy clapping media trained ****... say you were shit and need to be better.
Thank *uck for Daniel Levy, the thought of ary at our club makes me....

Team America Vomit GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Trippier at left back doesn’t work offensively, he never once overlapped Foden to make space for him and instead took a touch and passed it inside to him closing all the space he had. Phil did well to create what he did with that going on.
The same trippier that’s had a terrible season for Newcastle at right back, was responsible for so many goals conceded with bad mistakes and then was injured for long spells.

Remember at the last tournament when Southgate singled out Phil as being unable to play centrally as that’s not where he plays for his club. Well, now the team is littered with players who play in positions they don’t play for their clubs and Phil who has spent the best season of his career central is still stuck out in no man’s land.

I genuinely don't know what Southgate's doing with them in training. Their fitness doesn't look great and their tactics look non-existent.

One of the pundits last night (I think it might have been Neville) got it right when he said there's no established patterns of play, everyone is receiving the ball then having to decide what to do with it, rather than being in a rhythm where they know where everyone else is expected to be and what their options are before they get the ball.

Any excuse you can think of for this - the players have had a long season and are exhausted, the manager doesn't get to work with the players very often - can also be applied to all the other teams, but many of them are managing much better.

Take Austria yesterday. With all due respect to them, they don't have quite the same level of quality throughout the team as the Netherlands (or we) do. But they have a very clear plan, identity, way of playing, and that led to an exciting match that they won to lead the group, and they'll be going into the round of 16 on a high, with a feeling of momentum and togetherness.

Togetherness is one of the few positive things Southgate has brought to the England set-up, and that seems to be running dry of late.

Same old shite just a different games.
Only good news is nobody else is pulling up trees and Germany haven't been tested yet. So it's there to win if we're capable of winning at penalties.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.