England v USA – Fri 25th Nov, 19:00 | Group B | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In fairness, Pep leaves Foden out of the Premier League starting XI all the time. There's reason there to suggest that maybe he just has a bad attitude. I know it's sacrilege to say that to City fans. But that could also go a long way to explaining the long delay in contract extension.

11 starts + 3 subs from 14 league games is not all the time :) Of the front 5 only KDB, Bernardo and Haaland more minutes.

Holding that defence together by his self, full backs poor & Magliar hasn’t got a first touch, midfield 3 not playing as a unit, they look so fragmented, Kane can’t run & only Mount is pressing, as for the wide lads, shocking
Mount was a waste of space. Had a shot, did fuck all else....... imho

Needed a total change of tactics at half time , Walker on , play three at the back TTA at wing back and Saka substituted for his non performance , Trippier off for a far more producitve TTA , Foden for Sterling if it was good enough for the best manager in the world then it is good enough for England. Kane was totally out of sorts and Wilson should have been on.
Waistcoats downfall will be his loyalty to players who are not performing for their club or country and the sooner he falls on his sword the better.
2ndhalf should have been

Pickford
Walker , Stones , Slabhead
TTA , Rice , Foden , Bellingham , Shaw
Wilson , Grealish

But Waistcoats first sub was Henderson , FFS.

We have the players to win this World Cup but we do not have the manager or backroom staff to implement it

I am not English, so I think I might be more objective. I don't get how anyone thinks Southgate is not the problem here. You have Stones, Walker (Trippier who is world-class with crosses and FK), Foden and Grealish whom with Pep play 100 times better than with England. Then you have Rice and Bellingham two players that Pep had wanted and all teams in Europe would like to have, Kane who Pep wanted and pushed for. Then you have Mount, Saka who are maybe the two best players of 2 world class teams. Only McGuire and Shaw are not top or world class, but the same can be said of Brazil(Danilo or Alessandro, or even Paqueta are not world-class), France (Giroud, Pavard, Lloris). There are zero excuses for the way you play.

Anyway, this world cup has been really fun. Team like Arabia Saudi, Canada, USA, South Korea, Japan are all really exciting teams to watch and with the exception of Qatar and Costa Rica, I think all teams have shown good quality.

Problem is though which was evident tonight,Bellingham and Sakha think they are better than what they actually are yet,the hype doesn’t help I know,but Foden is better than the pair of them,and as for love child Mount…….less said the better about him

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.