Enjoy your Napoli Trip

Lads pleased don't get enthused about staying near the train station. You'll be ok in daylight....but it's a taxi back to your front door at night....this is seriously dodgy an area. Did you read my advice? Plastered on a wall just a couple of hundered yards from your hotel is this
canisciolti.jpg

Their groups tag their own areas. Here is some graffiti to watch out for so you know whose manor you are on.
CURVA B
- Ultras Napoli
- Fedayn EAM 1979
CURVA A
- Masseria Cardone
- Mastiffs (Historical Centre)
- Brigata Carolina (Spanish Quarters extending to the seafront)
- Vecchi Lions (Old Lions) (one of the best groups who I believe are now disbanded)
- Rione Sanità (This group is North of the railway station)
- Teste Matte (mad in the head) (Spanish Quarters)
- Bronx
- Nuova Guardia
- Fossato Flegreo (Campi Flegrea)
- Quartieri Spagnoli (Spanish Quarters)
There are many smaller groups aswell
I met many Scousers in many areas at their game, and as I said I enjoyed lunch in the Spanish Quarters with some very adventurous Scousers. But do not underestimate the area around the station please.

I wish I could go, San Paulo on matchday is something I have to experience in my life.

VinnieKomp said:
I wish I could go, San Paulo on matchday is something I have to experience in my life.
Aris, Lech Poznan and bayern were all great, however the San Paulo should be something else. Wouldnt miss it for anything.

Hi Pete , that for the great info, but we are staying in Sorrento, arrive the
day before the game and the plan was to go to Capri day one and go to
Pompei day two.
We would therefore miss out on Naples and we get bussed to the Port just before the game.
Seems a great shame after what I have read on your posts, so thinking
of maybe missing Capri and coming inot Naples.
Are the trains OK from Sorrento to Naples and Pompei and given the limited time what would you suggest.
Understand we will be in Sorrento about noon.
Cheers

Pete,

thanks for your informative post.

We're staying at Via Sedile di Porto, 23 (Hotel Albergo del Golfo)

I think it's quite close to the port, but can you confirm whether it's too bad?

cheers

I used to spend a lot of time in Naples and have friends there. It's a great place, food is amazing, and the city is beautiful in and around the harbour. The rest is a hole, though.

San Paulo is chaotic; great atmosphere but full of nutters. Most of my Napoli-supporting friends won't even go there. When the draw was made my dad rang me to see if I fancied this game but I said no chance!

I'm sure that with it being a CL game there'll be better security and behaviour, but I'd just urge fellow blues to be extra careful, to stick together and to follow club travel advice to the letter.

And for god's sake stay away from the station! People have had fingers cut off for their rings in that place. Horrible area.

Thanks pete

There are 9 of us in The Europeo (7 rochdales blues & 2 yorkshire blues )
Piazza San Domenico Maggiore
Via Mezzocannone, 109/c
Naples, NA 80133
Italy

checked the Google map
Garribaldi 1.1 miles
Municipo 0.7 miles
stadium 3.8 miles

Stadio San Paolo is amazing.

been there 3 times as i have family from Italy and they support Sampdoria so have been to more Serie A stadiums than Premiership ones sadly.

Its an amazing atmosphere, great noise, but does have a running trcak around it sadly, which i personally dont like at all. they have been trying to rename the stadium after Maradonna for years!

i dont think i would like to be around for the derby del sole, between napoli and Roma! however never had any trouble myself when visiting.

Its much like anywhere you go, dont go out at night by yourself, look after your things and dont get mixed up in any of the pre and post match 'antics' as the police are notorious for taking a 'no nonsense' approach

safe travels all

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.