Eric Garcia - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. I think he is the 2nd best CB at the club now. Otamendi was great last night. But it's time to bed Garcia in as probable starter
Otamendi is still better imo due to his physicality. But Garcia is so close due to his intelligence, no doubt will surpass him in a few years getting closer to Laporte's level.

If TBH can become good and if we bring in Tosin and see if he can become good, that's 4 CBs. It's a reach, but I hope we can do it.

Otamendi is still better imo due to his physicality. But Garcia is so close due to his intelligence, no doubt will surpass him in a few years getting closer to Laporte's level.

If TBH can become good and if we bring in Tosin and see if he can become good, that's 4 CBs. It's a reach, but I hope we can do it.

Don’t think tosin is remotely in peps thoughts to be honest
Be nice if he got to a premier league club at some point

Gun to my head I'd probably still pick Nico to start a big game, but that's sort of missing the point right? Like I said in the Foden thread, this season is weird in that we're out of the title race, but also very secure in the top four. It's exactly the situation where you're willing to accept young players making mistakes so you can see what they have to offer. I legitimately think he should play the majority of our remaining games. He could easily save us £50m.

Gun to my head I'd probably still pick Nico to start a big game, but that's sort of missing the point right? Like I said in the Foden thread, this season is weird in that we're out of the title race, but also very secure in the top four. It's exactly the situation where you're willing to accept young players making mistakes so you can see what they have to offer. I legitimately think he should play the majority of our remaining games. He could easily save us £50m.
Completely agree.

I think the reason Pep isn't doing that is because he is using the league to experiment with formations to see what we are effective at doing as well as keeping the players fresh for the bigger games like against Fulham in the cup, then Real Madrid.

That being said, I think its very easy to keep players fresh by say just giving them a half to play and then giving Garcia, Foden the other half, or whole 90 minutes in some games.

I'd like Pep to go further and give TBH, Doyle, Palmer and Delap some league minutes as well. I see no reason these guys can't play 45 minutes when the league is done for us.

Edit: Braaf not on my list because honestly I don't know about this whole attitude situation, so I don't want to give any input on him since I know nothing about it.

Excellent today, albeit with next to no defending to do. Extremely composed in possession and doesn’t look out of place in comparison to our other centre backs.

Would love to see us try and develop a partnership of Garcia and Laporte between now and the end of the season.

Genuinely think him, Laporte and Fernandinho should be taking the main three spots with the other two filling in only when we really need them.

But my guess though is that we'll keep bouncing from Otamendi to Stones depending on who's made the more recent cockup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.