Erik Lamela

winchamblue said:
Just because some so called ITK said he's a great player everybody jumps on the bandwaggon. Reus is no more than a good average player, (Trust me.)

You watched one game and came to that conclusion and have let everyone know repeatedly.

Some people have seen him a lot more. I watch Bundesliga regularly and he is an outstanding player who scores loads of goals and sets loads of goals up. He also scored against the one and only Manchester City and took the piss out of us.

LoveCity said:
winchamblue said:
Just because some so called ITK said he's a great player everybody jumps on the bandwaggon. Reus is no more than a good average player, (Trust me.)

You watched one game and came to that conclusion and have let everyone know repeatedly.

Some people have seen him a lot more. I watch Bundesliga regularly and he is an outstanding player who scores loads of goals and sets loads of goals up. He also scored against the one and only Manchester City and took the piss out of us.

Also I don't think you can accuse the German national team of bandwagon jumping

I would say 'very good' player rather than average, but I agree that Bayern & Dortmund players are the latest overrated fad, having taken over from Napoli, Barca etc.

Recently, people have still been suggesting Pedro as a great signing for us. 2 years ago it was Pato or Diego.

Out of all these Dortmund characters, only a one or two will still be desirable two years from now.

It's how they work as a team which is key.

Neville Kneville said:
I would say 'very good' player rather than average, but I agree that Bayern & Dortmund players are the latest overrated fad, having taken over from Napoli, Barca etc.

Recently, people have still been suggesting Pedro as a great signing for us. 2 years ago it was Pato or Diego.

Out of all these Dortmund characters, only a one or two will still be desirable two years from now.

This. To bad, so few in here understand it

Neither Reus nor Bale are as good as anyone on here thinks. They both play a very similar game, they use their pace to get behind defenders, which is great, but they aren't world beaters. Reus is a very good role player for Dortmund, and was the main guy at Monchengladbach. Bale is pretty much in the same situation Reus was in at Monchengladbach, and he'll move to a world class team like Madrid or us and then he'll end up just like Reus is now, a very good role player. Reus isn't worth what we'd have to pay for him and Bale certainly isn't worth what anyone would pay for him. Lamela is practically the same type player as Reus and Bale, and would cost a lot less. And to the people who said he's a "big lad" who gets in the box and scores goals with his size, obviously havent seen him play. He's right around the same size as Robben, he's around 6 foot and has a lean frame. He's much more of a dribbler than Reus or Bale, he relies less on speed (even though he is pretty quick) and uses his skill to get past players. He reminds me of what Robben has become at Bayern, very quick and skillful, with a deadly left foot. He can play up top next to another striker, he can sit in behind a main striker, and he can cut in from the right, which are all things he does throughout a match.

Neville Kneville said:

Clocked you on the Fernandinho thread to. Who exactly do you rate NK? ;)

Neville Kneville said:

Agree completely. Their work as a team is amazing, but I still think Reus would be good with us. To be honest I'm still sad we couldn't get Gotze - his presence would be felt immediately such a good player.

BobbyQ90 said:
Neither Reus nor Bale are as good as anyone on here thinks. They both play a very similar game, they use their pace to get behind defenders, which is great, but they aren't world beaters. Reus is a very good role player for Dortmund, and was the main guy at Monchengladbach. Bale is pretty much in the same situation Reus was in at Monchengladbach, and he'll move to a world class team like Madrid or us and then he'll end up just like Reus is now, a very good role player. Reus isn't worth what we'd have to pay for him and Bale certainly isn't worth what anyone would pay for him. Lamela is practically the same type player as Reus and Bale, and would cost a lot less. And to the people who said he's a "big lad" who gets in the box and scores goals with his size, obviously havent seen him play. He's right around the same size as Robben, he's around 6 foot and has a lean frame. He's much more of a dribbler than Reus or Bale, he relies less on speed (even though he is pretty quick) and uses his skill to get past players. He reminds me of what Robben has become at Bayern, very quick and skillful, with a deadly left foot. He can play up top next to another striker, he can sit in behind a main striker, and he can cut in from the right, which are all things he does throughout a match.

I stopped reading after the first sentence. Gareth Bale is in the top 4 or 5 players in the world right now and this nonsense on this forum about him being overrated is exactly that. Open your eyes and watch the lad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.