Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't need Lukaku-like player.
He doesn't suit our style of play.
What would suit our style of play? Personally I don't think we need some Roy of the rovers type to go past the entire opposition and score worldies. We have enough creativity in midfield that we just need a reliable tap- in merchant. Sort of like Ian rush in the 80's - anything in and around the six yard box is a goal.

Surely it'd be better to have options, so if we're struggling to score in a particular game, or to break down a certain type of defending we can bring on someone a bit different like Haaland and try something else.

Player that can drop deeper and and be part of build up play.
Player that can also create for others.

Haaland is excellent player but it doesn't mean that he is perfect striker for us.

You haven't watched Haaland.

I've only seen 3 games of him, but it's immediately obvious within 10 minutes watching him that he can and does drop deeper and plays a major part in the build up.

Last edited:
What would suit our style of play? Personally I don't think we need some Roy of the rovers type to go past the entire opposition and score worldies. We have enough creativity in midfield that we just need a reliable tap- in merchant. Sort of like Ian rush in the 80's - anything in and around the six yard box is a goal.

Garry Lineker was the ultimate tap in merchant.

In an ideal world we could sign him this summer and loan him to a top five league for experience while Sergio finishes his contract. Unfortunately I would assume that his likely price tag will be too high to loan him out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.