Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

and good for you want to go to 1 game, if you dont want to pay 35 wait for general sale
It's not a thread about me and you though is it?

It's a thread about our atmosphere and attendances.

For every person happy to be fleeced out of £35, there's dozens who won't pay it because they think it's a pisstake.

I know personally of at least 6 former season ticket holders who have either sacked it or deferred their season ticket this year who have looked at buying tickets for one off matches this season, and they've fucked it off because of the £35 pisstake.

You might be pleased as punch with yourself for being happy to get fleeced, but there's thousands of others who simply won't do it.

You might be pleased as punch with yourself for being happy to get fleeced, but there's thousands of others who simply won't do it.
I'd go even further. There are thousands of others who simply can't do it. Prices have gone up for everything recently.

£35 for membership is an outrageous price (nearly as shocking as £30 to take a 5 year old to a City game!!). We've become desensitized after decades of being fleeced by greedy football clubs. City are definitely no exception!

I'd go even further. There are thousands of others who simply can't do it. Prices have gone up for everything recently.

£35 for membership is an outrageous price (nearly as shocking as £30 to take a 5 year old to a City game!!). We've become desensitized after decades of being fleeced by greedy football clubs. City are definitely no exception!
No disrespect (and I'm make a general point not direc

Fact is, there is something just not quite right with our fanbase, or the club's engagement with it. Forget the atmosphere (as this isn't great at many grounds these days), it's the swathes of empty seats for all but the biggest games week in week out. Granted, it's nowhere near the "emptyhad" bollocks would have you believe, however it's a major concern. This team are the current champions of the world's best league and also the runners up in the Champions League and yet very regularly struggle to sell out games (those thousands of empty seats against Wolves looked terrible). It's also a club that have dominated England for a decade. It looks terrible and I don't understand the reason behind it. Forget comparing us to the scousers or rags, you see Chelsea, West Ham, Arsenal, all with pretty much full stadiums and yet we can't. Any arguement people come up with about prices, COVID, too many games etc. whilst I sympathise there, this equally applies to almost any other top club so it can't be that. Maybe it's all the years of under achieving before our successful that needs to time to be forgotten by the younger fanbase, I don't know. Very few games at the Etihad have that feeling of "wow this is a big clubs home" and that's really sad.

Fact is, there is something just not quite right with our fanbase, or the club's engagement with it. Forget the atmosphere (as this isn't great at many grounds these days), it's the swathes of empty seats for all but the biggest games week in week out. Granted, it's nowhere near the "emptyhad" bollocks would have you believe, however it's a major concern. This team are the current champions of the world's best league and also the runners up in the Champions League and yet very regularly struggle to sell out games (those thousands of empty seats against Wolves looked terrible). It's also a club that have dominated England for a decade. It looks terrible and I don't understand the reason behind it. Forget comparing us to the scousers or rags, you see Chelsea, West Ham, Arsenal, all with pretty much full stadiums and yet we can't. Any arguement people come up with about prices, COVID, too many games etc. whilst I sympathise there, this equally applies to almost any other top club so it can't be that. Maybe it's all the years of under achieving before our successful that needs to time to be forgotten by the younger fanbase, I don't know. Very few games at the Etihad have that feeling of "wow this is a big clubs home" and that's really sad
I agree but not only that alot near me was walking out 75 - 80 mins. I can understand if we are 3 - 4 up but fucking stay and support your team.

Hopefully things will change. We play amazing football, have the best team and have dominated for years now.

Fact is, there is something just not quite right with our fanbase, or the club's engagement with it. Forget the atmosphere (as this isn't great at many grounds these days), it's the swathes of empty seats for all but the biggest games week in week out. Granted, it's nowhere near the "emptyhad" bollocks would have you believe, however it's a major concern. This team are the current champions of the world's best league and also the runners up in the Champions League and yet very regularly struggle to sell out games (those thousands of empty seats against Wolves looked terrible). It's also a club that have dominated England for a decade. It looks terrible and I don't understand the reason behind it. Forget comparing us to the scousers or rags, you see Chelsea, West Ham, Arsenal, all with pretty much full stadiums and yet we can't. Any arguement people come up with about prices, COVID, too many games etc. whilst I sympathise there, this equally applies to almost any other top club so it can't be that. Maybe it's all the years of under achieving before our successful that needs to time to be forgotten by the younger fanbase, I don't know. Very few games at the Etihad have that feeling of "wow this is a big clubs home" and that's really sad.

Interesting fact which runs in line with what you say, its the something not quite right quote.

At the point of season card renewal 1894 where shown a list of seats available in block 115 SS. This i thought was very good of the club to do this. We asked them what season cards are up for grabs as we have fans emailing us wanting to move in to 115. I think there was only 8 or 10 seats available, all spread out, non together. There wasnt much to go at to be honest, i think only 2 or 3 fans moved as seats weren't in the best places and some fans wanted two seats together ( there was none at all together ). At the game on Saturday there was a cluster of 8 or 9 seats all together with no fans there. Stood out like a sore thumb.

My point is its a huge coincidence that 8 fans all stood together dont show up ? So who has access to a bunch of season cards all in a cluster, because when we sew the seats available in May they where all sold ? Could it just be genuine that 8 fans stood together in 115 couldnt be arsed going ?

You used to sell out for Soccer Aid too

Arsenal? they had more empty seats than us at the weekend!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.