Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Cheers it was the Dreaming of a that I saw from behind then.

I was wondering with the colour of the sheet & letters if it was something to do with the Juve fans. I don't think it was the time or place for that personally.
What does "Dreaming of a blue Wembley" have to do with Juventus?

Lol keyboard warrior Dave.

Last night was the biggest rivalry in English football atm. As I said, our fans love our club but many aren’t passionate enough to find out the words to our songs, beyond a few classics. Each to their own and how people support the lads is up to them. It’s great to be a Blue.
I tend to agree. I know loads of City fans of mixed age groups who’ve gradually lost their passion for going to the match. Fans who went for years through thick and thin and younger ones. As the last few seasons have gone by they’ve slowly stopped going. They’d rather watch it in the pub or at home. I wouldn’t say they aren’t true City fans as many of them have served their time and then some. It’s got to the point where there are free season tickets up for grabs for loads of games but people can’t be arsed.

The reasons have been mixed from pissed off with the club constantly trying to squeeze a bit more out of them for season tickets, the lack of connection from the club to the working class fan base and the shit modern day football atmosphere. I’m talking about roughly 50 people in different parts of the ground who say the football is amazing when we play a team who’ll have a game against us but in general they’ve stopped enjoying it like they used to.

I tend to agree. I know loads of City fans of mixed age groups who’ve gradually lost their passion for going to the match. Fans who went for years through thick and thin and younger ones. As the last few seasons have gone by they’ve slowly stopped going. They’d rather watch it in the pub or at home. I wouldn’t say they aren’t true City fans as many of them have served their time and then some. It’s got to the point where there are free season tickets up for grabs for loads of games but people can’t be arsed.

The reasons have been mixed from pissed off with the club constantly trying to squeeze a bit more out of them for season tickets, the lack of connection from the club to the working class fan base and the shit modern day football atmosphere. I’m talking about roughly 50 people in different parts of the ground who say the football is amazing when we play a team who’ll have a game against us but in general they’ve stopped enjoying it like they used to.
Is it an age thing?

Many drop off as other things in life take over, people develop their own perspective on what is important and worth the cost and hassle

The saturation of football on TV is also a cause. Years ago the only way you saw a game was to go, now it is 24/7. Plus the moving of fixtures to all times of the day is a ballache.

Our atmosphere at home is as good as any others clubs i have seen in this country and i have been most away games for the past 8 or 9 years. No one stands out.

I'm no longer a member of Reddish blues but when I was they did a lot and helped with travel to aways etc . Also a good way of making friends that are blues and making connections of all sorts.

Charity work with guide dogs for the blind was sterling work too.

I just wanted to make my own way to Wembley etc in the end. Age related probably and the fact I've jacked in the booze.

good lads and lasses at Reddish Blues.

Were you on the bus to the swamp for the 4-3 game when the driver told us to get off right outside their ground as he'd missed the coach park and had "broken down". Getting all sorts thrown at us, we rightly told him to fuck right off and he got it going and looped back around again! Agree with what you say, made life easy with the travel - remember a nice long trip up to St James' on a Tuesday night and the travel to home games was often handy as well.

Is it an age thing?

Many drop off as other things in life take over, people develop their own perspective on what is important and worth the cost and hassle

The saturation of football on TV is also a cause. Years ago the only way you saw a game was to go, now it is 24/7. Plus the moving of fixtures to all times of the day is a ballache.

Our atmosphere at home is as good as any others clubs i have seen in this country and i have been most away games for the past 8 or 9 years. No one stands out.
Yeah totally agree that it’s football in general in England regarding atmosphere. Was unfortunately in a pub in town with about 10 reds who didn’t bother going to the Burnley game despite all having tickets. Obviously i can’t stand utd but this lot have all been going years and done 100’s of grounds and Euro aways between them. Suppose the slight difference with the scum is there is always another tourist to take their place. With City that part is still growing, not that i particularly want that to continue.

What does "Dreaming of a blue Wembley" have to do with Juventus?

No you misunderstand, I saw a white banner with what looked like scribbled black writing on from behind.

I'm happy that it wasn't something cobbled together with a reference to the 39 Juve fans who as you will know play in black/white, as I don't think it would have shown us in a good light.

Is it an age thing?

There has always been a turnover of fans for lots of reasons:money, health, family, getting older. Last night was fantastic in the stadium. We are getting huge crowds and winning trophies. The demographic of our fanbase is getting younger which bodes well for the future.
I am not judgemental about those who come on here to moan about the club (I have done it myself from time to time) but this is the greatest time in history to be a City fan. I'm not going to miss a single second of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.