Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Worst I have ever seen at City, saying that Everton was poor to till they scored.

For halland to try and get the crowd going constantly in the first half was embarrassing. He was clearly not happy with the atmosphere either.

Bizarre for a New Year’s Eve game at 3pm especially as it was our first home game after the World Cup.

Cant get my head around the expanding long list of excuses on this thread.

The latest additions blame the ref, corporate seats, expensive tickets etc.

Bizarrely one post was blaming the cost of tickets for the Spurs game for the crap atmosphere yesterday !!!! Genius

One post blamed no singing section ??? Can somebody please explain to me what happened to the 1894 singing section in the South Stand which asked people to relocate a few years ago and made no difference to the atmosphere.

The problem is 45000+ sit in silence every week. You could close down every corporate section, make tickets a £1 and have Pier Luigi Collina reffing every week and it won’t get the mute 45000 to make a noise.

Embarrassing atmosphere again. Haaland trying to get the crowd up. Gone are the magic days in the Kippax when it wasn’t an effort to sing but a joy. It’s very flat most of the time unfortunately. I used to get the songs going go back in the day. I’d start then 50 odd voices would join in immediately then it would go straight into thousands of voices in unison. I can’t get my head around why folk don’t join in. It’s weird. If a guy started singing next to me back in the day.. Id help it carry and jump on it straight away. That’s how we did atmosphere back then it’s so easy

Worst I have ever seen at City, saying that Everton was poor to till they scored.

For halland to try and get the crowd going constantly in the first half was embarrassing. He was clearly not happy with the atmosphere either.

Bizarre for a New Year’s Eve game at 3pm especially as it was our first home game after the World Cup.
first premier league home game since the world cup

I think the problem is that our matches are getting so predictable and frustrating. That's not City's fault - teams just come and pack defences, dive, cheat, time waist etc. It's just not really entertainment is it? And it naturally gets to the fans and makes them quiet. That's why teams do it. The Prem League is shit at the moment. All the money every team has in the league, and they cant get good enough players to actually try and win a match. There are some terribly average or poor managers as well e.g. Lampard etc who aren't able to out coach a Pep type manager. Add to that the standard of reffing and the passion killer that is VAR and you can sort of understand why we are pretty quiet. I'm pretty quiet at matches anyway (autism, nerves and all that - although I do always join in) but even the usually loud ones are quietened after about 5 mins when they realise it's going to be the bore fest that is attack against defence drills. Pep didn't help with the team he put out yesterday which added to the dim.

Bizarrely one post was blaming the cost of tickets for the Spurs game for the crap atmosphere yesterday !!!! Genius

One post blamed no singing section ??? Can somebody please explain to me what happened to the 1894 singing section in the South Stand which asked people to relocate a few years ago and made no difference to the atmosphere.

The problem is 45000+ sit in silence every week. You could close down every corporate section, make tickets a £1 and have Pier Luigi Collina reffing every week and it won’t get the mute 45000 to make a noise.
That’s the spirit mate!

Blame all us in 1894 (the only people proactively doing anything), nice one.

How are corporate seating and pricing an excuse? If you make more of the ground corporate and price out fans, that leads to less atmosphere. Do you honestly think that doesn’t make a difference .

If you had a large home end with affordable tickets it would make a huge difference in my opinion.

Of course more people need to join in - I agree on that, but the club haven’t helped and pricing and corporate are two very legitimate reasons.

Last edited:
FWIW, 1894 have been getting complained about by fans (I says fans, but we think it is one person - if anyone at all) in the wheelchair bays at the back of 115, so we are having quite a lot of hassle from stewards threatening to eject us for ‘being too rowdy’ (singing).

Rather than help move the one unhappy fan out of the singing section…

Embarrassing atmosphere again. Haaland trying to get the crowd up. Gone are the magic days in the Kippax when it wasn’t an effort to sing but a joy. It’s very flat most of the time unfortunately. I used to get the songs going go back in the day. I’d start then 50 odd voices would join in immediately then it would go straight into thousands of voices in unison. I can’t get my head around why folk don’t join in. It’s weird. If a guy started singing next to me back in the day.. Id help it carry and jump on it straight away. That’s how we did atmosphere back then it’s so easy

It was easier though. You were stood on the kippax with thousands of others, cheap tickets, could stand where you wanted to and you were probably in a large group of young lads…. We pretty much don’t have any of that now.

Try and stand up and sing in certain areas of the ground and you get shouted at or told to sit down

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.