Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Cant get my head around the expanding long list of excuses on this thread.

The latest additions blame the ref, corporate seats, expensive tickets etc.

Bizarrely one post was blaming the cost of tickets for the Spurs game for the crap atmosphere yesterday !!!! Genius

One post blamed no singing section ??? Can somebody please explain to me what happened to the 1894 singing section in the South Stand which asked people to relocate a few years ago and made no difference to the atmosphere.

The problem is 45000+ sit in silence every week. You could close down every corporate section, make tickets a £1 and have Pier Luigi Collina reffing every week and it won’t get the mute 45000 to make a noise.
That's because 45000+ are not drunk

we try, i agree the slow version of BM is better but it fall on deaf ones.

In replay to a few pointers. Three songs at once kills the atmosphere, happens so often within the two or three blocks in lower SS. Will it ever change ? Doubt it as the noise doesnt spread very well from front to back and fans just like to randomly sing and not listen to what has already started. Also the second one song finishes ( far to quickly ) somebody then shouts out another. It confuses fans. Answer to it is more ultras style, but you then get the fans saying they will walk out and never come back or shove a drum up somebodies arse !

a lot of the problems are "we dont like this, we dont like that, just focus on singing !

we think there arent enough singers, yet when haaland went in to a rage Vs everton, about 4 blocks all chanted "HAALAND".. apart from the odd corner with "city city city" the rest of the time those same fans decided to stay quiet and not sing.

Moving in to north stand ? If fans decide they dont want to move there then not a lot can be done, its down to the fans and we can only try our best. The south stand isnt very good for singing, the north stand expansion will be a lot more suitable. If for example Leeds away there are 3,000 wanting to travel up there then surely its not asking to much for 2,000 singers to move to the north stand rather than make excuses why they cant.

i think at most PL clubs fans would give their right arm to have the opportunity we will have when the north stand is extended, but so far we seem to only hear reasons for not moving. Just support the club and sing, rollocks to being near away fans or the bar.
It’s a shame the idea of scrapping the fast version of BM has fallen on deaf ears. Wonder if it’d make any difference if the club were presented with the results of a poll. Wishful thinking on my part probably.

And fuck knows, maybe loads of people love it. I just haven’t met any yet!

Again, I know it’s incredibly low down the list of priorities so I’ll stop banging on about it now! I want VAR and smart motorways scrapped too and that ain’t happening either :)

it is far different in MLS, different kettle of fish altogether. We probably have similar already set up. Everything possible to set up supporters groups has been tried.
1894 will have been operating for 10 years in Sept this year, tried everything possible.
In the SPL every club now seems to have an ultra section which is amazing concerning the attendance in the Scottish game

Most of them will have websites etc or Facebook pages.

It matter of contacting them.

There is the Rangers one, Arsenal now have ultra's as well you could hear them last night

@trevorriley do you have access or contacts within the club

Agree with most your points and I will consider moving from ssl1 when the time comes but surely another issue regarding atmosphere is having the away fans all the way up to the 3rd tier. Why give them the best position for singing when most stadiums put them in the worst spot,? I'd be all for putting them first tier of the bell end or something but they're expensive tickets so the club would never have it! Also I like being next to them and a lot of others feel that way too! Can you imagine them in the 1st tier east stand running to the corner of the north stand and then us in the whole north stand?

Impossible to move away fans due to police and security, they want the away fans where they are now, so that they can move them out off the coach car park easily, but yet not give a dam if away fans throw coins and bottles on our heads whilst there !
I disagree that away fans get one of the better away ends. They are penned in by two ends singing at them haha. Also spread over three tiers makes it harder for them to sing together unlike most stadiums where away fans are all in one end. Look at the good position we are in at the swamp / emirates / spurs and others.
Also not a chance away fans can move to another part of the stadium because supporters in those existing seats wont move and kick up such a fuss to club that they wont move at all.
I know what you mean, the laugh we have next to away fans is good, but for me if it means we are in a better end, all together and fans buy in to it, we have a chance of making it a real fortress there rather than our up and down atmosphere.

It has to happen this way to be more vocal for our beloved team, please move when the chance comes, we need more fans like you to make it work.

I think different things need to be tried for the singing blocks in the expanded North Stand. How about 1894, the OSC and the Facebook Face Value ticket pages working together to fill these blocks with enthusiastic / vocal Blues.

The fans need to be able to regulate themselves and create obstacles to quiet or too cool to chant Blues going / staying in the new singing blocks.

this is how we did it 7 years ago, this is how we advertise for all cup game singing sections. It just doesnt seem to get a good response and fans wont move..

we will be doing all this and more when north stand is near ready.

In the SPL every club now seems to have an ultra section which is amazing concerning the attendance in the Scottish game

Most of them will have websites etc or Facebook pages.

It matter of contacting them.

There is the Rangers one, Arsenal now have ultra's as well you could hear them last night

@trevorriley do you have access or contacts within the club

we have regular meetings with the club and a great relationship, they help a lot.

we advertise across all possible areas when doing team coach welcomes, special cup ticket sections, you name it we have been doing the lot.

"You can take a horse to water as they say"... We have tried going down the road of ultras, city fans on the whole hate the idea, we get criticized for it. It is easy to look from the outside and say "try this". We at 1894 thought the same 9 years ago, then realised it is how the fans feel and their participation. There is no doubt around 250 fans that would like ultras, but they are over shadowed by 25,000 that dont.

I'd happily move to a new singing section if they matched the 329 quid I'm paying now, it's all about affordability

This is a big issue for us trying to round fans up, there is always a "but"

im not trying to come down on this idea by saying pay £700 a season instead, but just highlighting the problemsssssss we have.

we have asked the club to mirror the season tickets with SS3. But it is a can of worms.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.