Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Yet they then charge £68 for a ticket against Spurs in SS3! I’m not convinced that they are overly bothered about atmosphere as long as revenue is maximised. This isn’t unique to us either, it’s football in general.

To be honest I like the DJ and lightshows etc on CL nights.
Yep I really fancied going to the Spurs game but been priced out on this occasion.

I took my 15-year-old lad in South Stand lower for the Liverpool Cup game, as he has never stood at a game before and wanted to sample the atmosphere.

Have to say, it was the most enjoyable experience at a game for me for a long time and my son loved it.

Reminded me of when I first started going in the Kippax and I would watch all the characters and learn all the songs.

My lad said he would move to a safe standing area tomorrow and I probably would too, but can't leave my old man after managing after many years to relocate his seat this summer right next to ours in level 2.

Younger fans have missed a generation of proper football experiences.
Good job you didn’t take him in SSL2!

Yet they then charge £68 for a ticket against Spurs in SS3! I’m not convinced that they are overly bothered about atmosphere as long as revenue is maximised. This isn’t unique to us either, it’s football in general.

To be honest I like the DJ and lightshows etc on CL nights.
Atmosphere generates revenue. At a time when the club gets a lot of bad PR we need reasons for kids and corporates to come and come again and for both atmosphere is a deal maker and breaker.

One cheap stand will pay for itself.

You seem to have a high opinion of the EPL
Who in the UK calls the Premier League the EPL !

There seems to be a split on here with some fans wanting to live in the past and other fans wanting the club to move forward with ideas on how to move things forward.
Nope, change is always good it just doesn't have to be the pant-wetting Ultra bollocks that you so desire.

"What our fan groups don’t have is a visible leader. With YouTube and social media, it’s easy to get messages out there in no time. Some kind of leader or leaders who are respected by the vocal fans but intelligent enough to communicate with the club at board level could pull things together and give the fans a voice."
And therein lies the Issue with Ultras. It's not so much the about the Club, is their narcisstic view that they know best and are somehow better than other fans who don't subscribe to their view. They also want to think they can speak for all fans and become some sort of leader.

but there are ways of asking your fans first by asking questions via social media before doing something in real.
We have City Matters already, we also have comms from the club to ST holders and I'd rather we listened to view of those who actually attend the games rather than from people on Social media who have never been to a game?

Can I ask, you've been on BM for only a few months and in that time you've never posted about a favourite player, a memory from past games, the bald fraud, price of beer in the ground, title race predictions, comments on a game, price of season tickets, etc etc etc . You've only ever posted in the Etihad redevelopment section and the atmosphere section...

.....and always Ultras, Ultras fucking Ultras !

Do you run your own Man City Social channel by any chance or any football channel or City fan group? What age demographic do you represent? How often do you come to games? It might help me understand why you seem to think that anyone who doesn't drink from the kult of ultra cup is stuck in the past.

No one in england calls the Premier League the EPL !

Nope, change is always good it just doesn't have to be the pant-wetting Ultra bollocks that you so desire.

And therein lies the Issue with Ultras. It's not so much the about the Club, is their narcisstic view that they know best and are somehow better than other fans who don't subscribe to their view. They also want to think they can speak for all fans and become some sort of leader.

We have City Matters already, we also have comms from the club to ST holders and I'd rather we listened to view of those who actually attend the games rather than from people on Social media who have never been to a game?

Can I ask, you've been on BM for only a few months and in that time you've never posted about a favourite player, a memory from past games, the bald fraud, price of beer in the ground, title race predictions, comments on a game, price of season tickets, etc etc etc . You've only ever posted in the Etihad redevelopment section and the atmosphere section...

.....and always Ultras, Ultras fucking Ultras !

Do you run your own Man City Social channel by any chance or any football channel or City fan group? What age demographic do you represent? How often do you come to games? It might help me understand why you seem to think that anyone who doesn't drink from the kult of ultra cup is stuck in the past.

The more cosmopolitan we get the more ideas of banging a drum standing on fences and becoming more European will be mentioned. What made English football a big draw is being replaced with frivolous tat, the raw nature that most of us miss probably isn't coming back mate.

True.

Similar to the Dippers.

We’ve got fan groups. They need to come together on this. So do the OSC branches. There’s quite a few young lads in the Branch I’m in. Always loud and boisterous at away games.
They literally ran away from the fight and created a Frankenstein tribute act club
Not sure they are an exemplar of standing together mate

Sadly I can’t see City making 1000’s of cheaper season tickets and match day tickets available in the expanded North stand, even though many people have advocated that. City can’t do that and charge full priced season tickets and match day tickets like the above in other parts of the ground.

It will be interesting to see what City charge for the additional seats in the North stand, especially if it’s a larger 2nd tier expansion.
Yep. Not to mention the obligatory corporate section they will throw right in the middle of it.

I took my 15-year-old lad in South Stand lower for the Liverpool Cup game, as he has never stood at a game before and wanted to sample the atmosphere.

Have to say, it was the most enjoyable experience at a game for me for a long time and my son loved it.

Reminded me of when I first started going in the Kippax and I would watch all the characters and learn all the songs.

My lad said he would move to a safe standing area tomorrow and I probably would too, but can't leave my old man after managing after many years to relocate his seat this summer right next to ours in level 2.

Younger fans have missed a generation of proper football experiences.
My 10 year old daughter is mad for city now, she was a late comer as falling in love with city was an over night thing last april… anyway… ive decided that when i can get her a season ticket im moving from cb3 to where the action is.
Im bored in cb3. Something has to give and i need to change the way i attend the match because after 35 years of a season ticket i need a change

My 10 year old daughter is mad for city now, she was a late comer as falling in love with city was an over night thing last april… anyway… ive decided that when i can get her a season ticket im moving from cb3 to where the action is.
Im bored in cb3. Something has to give and i need to change the way i attend the match because after 35 years of a season ticket i need a change
I sat in CB3 for two seasons in a row before this one. Never had a problem with it. Plenty of fans shout and sing. It seems CB3 is the dog to whip regarding the stadium atmosphere which is wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.