Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

I see Rags are on the replies of the video of City fans singing “Wanna follow you everywhere” on Twitter telling us it’s stolen from them. I hate singing versions of their shitty songs but that’s news to me?

Also heard them singing “You’ve seen United now fuck off home” for the first time today, something we’ve been singing for close to 10 years. I suspect they’ll be telling us that’s theirs as well the next time we sing it (please tell me it’s not)
Not to mention them nicking our Istanbul tune for their '20 times' dirge.

Istanbul should make a comeback this season, it used to get the place rocking - just need to change it to something like...

Istanbul Istanbul we are coming
Istanbul Istanbul see you soon
Istanbul Istanbul we are coming
We are coming at the start of June

To my knowledge they’ve never sung that song. City fans have been singing it in pockets ever since Pep’s first season but it’s never really took off until after the match today when we were kept in.
Yep knew it had been knocking about for a while, but never heard any of their lot singing it. Seems that they claim any song we sing now though.

I think this is a pretty good chant that hopefully takes off. We are finally starting to sing more songs just about city

Think the awkward high bit of the chorus should be replaced with Cityyy… I wanna follow you

It's a bit pathetic if anyone is getting upset because someone is singing a song similar to one they've sung before.

Honestly, who cares?

Thoughts on Yesterday at the swamp. Being as honest as I can be.

Us.

Overall I thought we were pretty decent. At the start of each half and especially after we scored, which you'd expect. It went a bit flat in-between when City were passing the ball to death, sideways, backwards, and kept on giving the ball away. More groans and frustration rather than singing. The chanting whilst we were 'kept back for 25 minutes', just like at Anfield, and considering City had lost, was great.

The Rags and their singing section.

As I've previously stated, on the TV thier singing section comes across loud and constant. That's probably due to the placing of the microphones inside the ground or close to the singing section. From where I was stood in the away section of the main stand I could see the singing section singing and clapping, but I really couldn't hear them that much. One or two chants carried. For most of the game the United fans were quiet, bar the odd United, United and 20x's chants. After City scored you could hear a pin drop with no chanting at all from the United fans. This continued until United scored. Then the swap exploded, 'every stand and tier were singing'. It was loud. Got to be honest. Similar to what happens at Anfield. That carried on for 10 minutes.

Conclusions.

City's away support was as good as ever when they got going.

United's singing section is loud at their end, but the chants don't carry to the away end.
For most of the game, bar United's singing section, Old Trafford was quiet. (It's no different to the Etihad) When United scored every tier and stand joined in the chanting.(probably down to the late goals against us?)

Say's it all about the atmosphere at Old Trafford.

That was the best atmosphere he's heard in 8 years, and it only lasted the last 10 minutes of the match.

Luke Shaw.

'It's incredible, for me, I've been here a long time now, I think eight years. For me, today, the atmosphere was the best I've been involved in.

Yep knew it had been knocking about for a while, but never heard any of their lot singing it. Seems that they claim any song we sing now though.

Think the awkward high bit of the chorus should be replaced with Cityyy… I wanna follow you
We used to sing ‘Oh IIIIIII, I’m gonna follow you everywhere’ like the Fleetwood Mac song when we first started that chant. I don’t know where the wolf howl ‘awooooooo’ came from. It’s a bit odd.

It’s about eight or nine years old that chant by the way. It’s one from the pubs at away games.

Last edited by a moderator:
We used to sing ‘Oh IIIIIII, I’m gonna follow you everywhere’ like the Fleetwood Mac song when we first started that chant. I don’t know where the wolf howl ‘awooooooo’ came from. It’s a bit odd.

It’s about eight or nine years old that chant by the way. It’s one from the pubs at away games.

Never heard it sang like that in the ground. Would be good to hear regularly imo

Thought our away support was average on the whole yesterday…

We really need to get behind them on Thursday, this group of players haven’t ever needed us more than now

Thought our away support was average on the whole yesterday…

We really need to get behind them on Thursday, this group of players haven’t ever needed us more than now

It was good and constant for periods. But it wasn’t as good as Leicester away, etc. TBH I’ve heard better and worse from our support at OT.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.