Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Not having a pop at you but if people don't want to sing what the singing section are singing, sing something else.

It doesn't really matter if there's 3/4 songs & the easy City City going on at the same time, it's all noise. SS3 won't be able to hear 109/111 or 115/118 etc but we do our own thing, sometimes good sometimes piss poor.

If half a dozen fans in each block chant an easy one there's every chance others will join in. At least I'd like to think that would happen but, from the apathy of fans standing up as slowly as possible for the stand up for the champions chant I think it could be a lost cause.
No offence taken mate but i agree with your point it doesn't work like that. It's crowd psychology. People will sing if those around them are singing, which is why you can see songs (and this applies to Stand Up for The Champions) spread. At the Etihad in routine games the crowd not at the south end of the stadium take their lead from the more vocal areas.

haven't heard "you've had your day out, now fuck off home" chant for a while. Would be an obvious riposte to those boring cockney wankers singing "is this a library", "your support.." etc. We just seem to stand / sit like mutes when those predicatable songs get rolled out. Give them something back, where's the quick banter gone - the repertoire has become a bit stale...

I bet you anything you want that the first chant after the whistle goes is "Follow follow Follow". The rest of the ground won't join in, Spurs will drown it out with a proper anthem about their club and that will set the scene in the stands unless something extremely dramatic happens.
Exactly what happened…

Pep was spot on. But on the flip side maybe he needs to have a word with whoever sets the ticket prices. A lot of 'proper' fans cant afford 60 odd quid. Lots of tourists can. Doesn't make for a great atmosphere
In my experience the tourists make plenty of noise if the rest of the stadium does. The recent champions league games have shown this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.