Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Well, this^ is exactly what happened…

I posted earlier this week that we needed our big shouty City chants from the off to get the stadium going and, like you said would happen, we didn’t bloody get it.

Instead we got some mumbling and murmuring along to some clapping from SSL1, that nobody around the stadium could really make out. I think ‘follow follow follow’ might have been sung three times in the first six minutes but I couldn’t quite tell and nobody in the rest of the ground joined in, and then Spurs belted out ‘oh when the Spuuuurs’ loud and clear.

All first half it was just bobbins murmuring chants along to claps. NOBODY CAN FUCKING HEAR YOU AROUND THE STADIUM, LADS. Just pack it in now! I feel like you’re doing it on purpose to piss us off around the ground.

It took two City comeback goals for the fucking Family Stand of all places to belt out ‘CIIITY CIIITY THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD’ for the first big shouty City chant to be heard for the first time in the game… and guess fucking what? All the ground joined in!

At least Pep’s now also called it out now!
That fucking song on its own has damaged the atmosphere.

Our supporter base is changing , we are attracting some fans who turn up to be entertained, where as the old skool fans who frequented Maine Rd., are being priced out , the last match i went to , there were a few half and half scarfs and younger generation fans who hardly lifted their face from their mobile phones.
Its a generation thing , i used to get bolllocked by my old man if i had the temerity to read the programme during a game and was told to get behind the team and read the programme after the match.
You pays your money and you make your choice , if you pay £50-60 for a ticket you can do as you choose , would be nice if the club could offer reduced priced tickets for local post codes and get some of the local supporters back in the ground , i am sure it would improve the atmosphere.

Our supporter base is changing , we are attracting some fans who turn up to be entertained, where as the old skool fans who frequented Maine Rd., are being priced out , the last match i went to , there were a few half and half scarfs and younger generation fans who hardly lifted their face from their mobile phones.
Its a generation thing , i used to get bolllocked by my old man if i had the temerity to read the programme during a game and was told to get behind the team and read the programme after the match.
You pays your money and you make your choice , if you pay £50-60 for a ticket you can do as you choose , would be nice if the club could offer reduced priced tickets for local post codes and get some of the local supporters back in the ground , i am sure it would improve the atmosphere.
You don’t even have to think back to Maine Road, or even the Mancini era or even the 2017-18 season…

You just have to see what we were like in the second half tonight when more of the ‘best team in the land’, ‘Blue Moon’ and ‘we’re not really here’ get going and all the ground join in.

We had brilliant atmospheres at the Etihad to end 2021-22 and start 2022-23: United, Madrid, Liverpool, Watford, Newcastle, Villa once we got that first goal onwards, Bournemouth, Palace, Forest, United, Southampton… all in the space of about six months were all cracking atmospheres.

In the bigger atmospheres the singing section are mostly redundant as all the ground are just up for it. Or, if it’s singing section lead, they get the proper home chants going more often.

But then you get games like tonight in the first half or Sevilla at home when it feels like it needs to be a singing section lead night and the singing section don’t chant the words ‘City’, ‘Man City’, ‘Manchester City’ or ‘Manchester’ at all.

Just fuck the speakers off full stop before kick off
I remember being at a German match once and the tannoy was used to start chants off. The tannoy would belt out the first few lines and the fans would chant the rest. Went on for the majority of the match and as irritating as it became it was also fairly intimidating.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.