Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

I can’t wait for the next laser show before kick off. That should get the fans going again. And there you have just one part of the problem created by the club.

Don’t forget to turn your mobile phone light on and wave your mobile phone in the air along with the lasers and sit in silence.
The light shows need fucking off. It’s not a Coldplay concert.

I can’t wait for the next laser show before kick off. That should get the fans going again. And there you have just one part of the problem created by the club.

Don’t forget to turn your mobile phone light on and wave your mobile phone in the air along with the lasers and sit in silence.

Laser show, the ‘Voice of the Etihad’ PA announcer, the geeks behind the scenes, might as well all be cows the amount of cheese they churn out on a match by match basis.

Im not the target audience for it by any means but it's undeniable it generates a noise. Everytime they do it, hey jude or whatever song immediately follows it is always louder than it is when they don't do it and don't even mention the few times city listened to these requests for no pre-match noise to allow fans to create their own atmosphere, nothing but a deafening silence.

City are in no way responsible for any shit atmosphere we create, they're doing what they can to help, its generally having a small positive impact but there's only so much they can do.

It was fantastic second half. It was fucking woeful first half.
I’m gonna watch the game back on tele. But reflecting on the first half (from SSL1), I thought it was probably better than average.

Good booing when Loris had the ball. Jeering and pressuring the ref after tackles. Grealish and Mahrez both did great challenges that got us going. There wasn’t much to sing about but it was OK and definitely not our worst.

I also thought Spurs’ fans were very quiet and didn’t really offer anything for us to banter back.

Yes, we sang Follow (I’ve had a word with the lad who keeps starting it, but he’s got a loud voice and a mind of his own). We did sing some classics too that didn’t really catch on either.

I thought it was good that the players got boo’d off - showed passion.

The club do what they can to create incredible entertainment and honestly I think the laser show is brilliant, but when it comes to the match it’s up to EVERYONE to seize the moment and sing your fucking hearts out, after most games I‘ve got no voice left and my head feels like it’s going to explode and I’m 52 years old. You don’t know how long this is going to last, so give your all, I’m really embarrassed this thread actually exists to be honest, so sing your hearts out and get rid of this thread for once and forever. AMEN

I’m not having a dig at anyone, this is just my opinion based on what I experienced tonight. My SC is east stand level 3 but my mate had a spare front row in the South stand level 2 right above our apparent singing section so I thought I’d give it a go.

I watched our singing section carefully and I’ve got to admit it’s garbage, more fans around us were singing than down there.

We can come up with every excuse in the book but there’s only a few having a go, plenty of young lads not tourists but they just lack any passion, fire or desire to get behind the team. Peps right It’s truly pathetic what we’ve become

Last edited:

Do miss the simple lights out Blue Moon remember we did it against Chelsea and united around 2010 atmosphere was electric

I’m not having a dig at anyone, this is just my opinion based on what I experienced tonight. My SC is east stand level 3 but my mate had a spare front row in the South stand level 2 right above our apparent singing section so I thought I’d give it a go.

I watched our singing section carefully and I’ve got to admit it’s garbage, more fans around us were singing than down there.

We can come up with every excuse in the book but there’s only a few having a go, plenty of young lads not tourists but they just lack any passion, fire or desire to get behind the team. Peps right It’s truly pathetic what we’ve become
I hate having a go at people who are trying to make things better but if the people who try to create/organize the singing section were paid employees they’d be sacked by now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.