Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Yes, United are.

When we first moved from Maine Road to the Etihad I used to sit in 215. It was full of City fans from Block R, North stand, which was right next to the away fans. We were a noisy lot in Block R, starting chants off and giving the away fans some. We carried the noise on at the Etihad. I eventually moved to 110 as I wanted to be in the best singing block as it was then. 215 is now part of the Legends Lounge.

I didn’t know the Legends Lounge has taken over 3 blocks in SSL2 above SSL1.

Deary me, the corporate dilution of the Etihad get’s worse the more you find out about it.

From the OS.

Legends.

Stunning views out onto the pitch, combined with an excellent premium chef’s buffet and stadium seats in a stand that’s big on atmosphere, all culminates in a place that’s great to either entertain clients or treat family and friends.

4361-E8-C1-169-A-413-C-AA88-145-E7-E2-B4907.webp

It is half of 215 and half 216 on the price list (1 block in total), the above section shows it in the away end so definitely incorrect.

Yes, United are.

When we first moved from Maine Road to the Etihad I used to sit in 215. It was full of City fans from Block R, North stand, which was right next to the away fans. We were a noisy lot in Block R, starting chants off and giving the away fans some. We carried the noise on at the Etihad. I eventually moved to 110 as I wanted to be in the best singing block as it was then. 215 is now part of the Legends Lounge.

I didn’t know the Legends Lounge has taken over 3 blocks in SSL2 above SSL1.

Deary me, the corporate dilution of the Etihad get’s worse the more you find out about it.

From the OS.

Legends.

Stunning views out onto the pitch, combined with an excellent premium chef’s buffet and stadium seats in a stand that’s big on atmosphere, all culminates in a place that’s great to either entertain clients or treat family and friends.

4361-E8-C1-169-A-413-C-AA88-145-E7-E2-B4907.webp

I was given two tickets for Legends after the club fucked up some tickets for us a few years back.

The food was very good, the 'Legends' OK but nothing special for me, and the lad was too young to have a clue who they were.

Most people watched the first half but quickly disappeared at half time for coffee and cakes.

We were joined by about six others back in the seats to watch the second half. The rest just stayed in the restaurant drinking.

Never again. Not even another freebie. I'd give it away to charity. It was dire and I wouldn't recommend it to any real fan. If the club wants TV to show occupied seats, they should relocate Legends and the rest of the hospitality to the back rows of CB3 ASAP.

It’s clear the rags and dippers fleece many of their fans. Especially, with so many tickets sold through touts for hundreds of pounds.

You’ve lost me on that one, Tim.

A true story.

I was sat in bar in the city centre. This young and well to do lad was sat near me. His mobile phone was going constantly. Every now and again somebody would turn up, hand over money, and they’d get tickets. This carried on until he sold all the tickets he had, and he had a hand full. These were paper tickets, before the digital tickets came in. Every club has touts. We’ve still got them outside the ex- Mercedes garage. “Anyone want a ticket?” “Any spares, will buy.“

Remember the support and flags on Level 2?

They, the club, say the screens will “enhance the matchday experience for fans inside the stadium.”

View attachment 66875

Bosses at the multi-millionaire’s multi-millionaire club slowly eradicating any signs that real fans exist at Etihad Stadium
B0343B7D-F0DF-4A5E-8EC1-015818D07058.jpeg

Probably not the clearest picture. It wasn’t that long ago that we had this display. I think the person who runs the city on tour twitter page created the banners on the third tier. Should have just kept them up as they look class

Why don’t the club ask City fans to brings their flags again, hang them from level 3, tell them to leave them there, and they will be looked after.

Just remembered. They have to be fire resistant to comply with stadium regulations. Oh well.

You’ve lost me on that one, Tim.

A true story.

I was sat in bar in the city centre. This young and well to do lad was sat near me. His mobile phone was going constantly. Every now and again somebody would turn up, hand over money, and they’d get tickets. This carried on until he sold all the tickets he had, and he had a hand full. These were paper tickets, before the digital tickets came in. Every club has touts. We’ve still got them outside the ex- Mercedes garage. “Anyone want a ticket?” “Any spares, will buy.“
I’m mainly thinking about the rags getting away with charging 3k for a padded seat. Yes every club has touts but it’s on a whole different scale at Klanfield and the swamp, with organised crime heavily involved. I chat to rags and dippers who say most of the cheaper tickets that they are credited on here, go onto the black market at a massive mark up.

If the rags have got several thousand £3k seats, returning some to general admission won’t be a big problem.

I’m mainly thinking about the rags getting away with charging 3k for a padded seat. Yes every club has touts but it’s on a whole different scale at Klanfield and the swamp, with organised crime heavily involved. I chat to rags and dippers who say most of the cheaper tickets that they are credited on here, go onto the black market at a massive mark up.

If the rags have got several thousand £3k seats, returning some to general admission won’t be a big problem.

I can’t comment on how many £3K seats the Rags have got. But to their credit, they’ve returned 850 seats to general prices.

You’re correct about Salford’s finest being involved in touting United tickets, ghost car parking around OT, etc.

I can’t comment on how many £3K seats the Rags have got. But to their credit, they’ve returned 850 seats to general prices.

You’re correct about Salford’s finest being involved in touting United tickets, ghost car parking around OT, etc.
I’m not a fan of corporate sections but I think they are subsidising the cheapest season cards at the Etihad. There was an indication a while back that some corporate boxes would go with the North Stand expansion so it will be good to see the plans.

I’m loathed to see, read or hear anything positive about the rags (or bin dippers) so I probably didn’t do your posit justice in my reply.

I agree that the removal of real flags was a backward step.

I’m not a fan of corporate sections but I think they are subsidising the cheapest season cards at the Etihad. There was an indication a while back that some corporate boxes would go with the North Stand expansion so it will be good to see the plans.

I’m loathed to see, read or hear anything positive about the rags (or bin dippers) so I probably didn’t do your posit justice in my reply.

I agree that the removal of real flags was a backward step.

TBF I do bang on about the Rags too much, but they seem to be working with their fans to create a better atmosphere at Old Trafford. Maybe that’s just to placate them and to get them onside a bit?

It’s the 23rd of Jan and the proposals for the North stand expansion still haven’t been made public yet. It will be interesting to see the seating layout of the expanded North stand, and if it contains any corporate sections or not, given the current private/corporate boxes at the back of L2 will have to go, as you say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.