Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Yes he was. Saw it on MOTD. He said it was much better, but then said he didn't mind if we booed as long as we are all pulling together, then he said something like "If we are all together we can achieve". It was typical Pep semi-coherent 100mph suff but he did certainly acknowledge the improvement.
Here’s the exact quote:

"When we're here and play not good, I want my fans to demand us and ask the maximum," he said. "If they are not happy I prefer to boo than don't say anything. When they are with this energy the players feel it. Everyone feels it and together we are stronger."

Don’t take it personally Dave, as I was only joking. I get your point. But once again, said anthems were sung, yet 3/4’s of the ground still didn’t join in. Let’s be honest.

As a rule 3/4’s of the ground can’t be arsed singing. It’s left mainly to parts of SSL1, and at times, parts of blocks 111 & 110. Apologies to those of you in SL3 as I can’t hear you singing under the L2 overhang. If SSL1 and blocks 111 and 110 don’t sing, the Etihad is quiet. Fact.
Really? I don’t think that’s a fact at all.

The atmosphere was miles better yesterday and ¾ of the ground were far more up for it from the off than they have been of late and joined in with loads. It was much more at the Newcastle and Watford games late last season and the Bournemouth and Forest games early this season… not big games but good atmospheres.

I reckon SSL3 sing far more than 110+111 do these days, and SSL3 often lead the atmosphere for the big games now n’all.

Even yesterday, right before the third goal, SSL1 started singing something but SSL3 started belting out ‘TBTITLAATW’ and the whole ground joined in with them… then we scored.

Even the other night against Spurs, the first big chant that went round the whole stadium was lead by the North Stand after the second goal (again that was ‘TBTITLAATW’).

Last edited by a moderator:
My Wolves fan mate was in their end and said that City fans were loud. Hats off he said. Definitely an improvement from my view also particularly for a game we should win. Let's keep the energy going, Pep confirmed that the players feed off it.
Indeed. We were much better yesterday than that first half against Spurs and the recent Everton game and just before the WC defeat by Brentford.

Wolves fans surprised me yesterday, they’re probably in the top half-dozen home atmospheres in the Prem but only really sang ‘Wolverhampton Wanderers’ to ‘Ring of Fire’ a few times and ‘do do do football in a library’ twice.

Good to hear someone from their end say we were decent when our own fans are saying we didn’t join in with chants.

The atmosphere was miles better yesterday and ¾ of the ground were far more up for it from the off than they have been of late and joined in with loads. It was much more at the Newcastle and Watford games late last season and the Bournemouth and Forest games early this season… not big games but good atmospheres.

I reckon SSL3 sing far more than 110+111 do these days, and SSL3 often lead the atmosphere for the big games now n’all.

Even yesterday, right before the third goal, SSL1 started singing something but SSL3 started belting out ‘TBTITLAATW’ and the whole ground joined in with them… then we scored.

Even the other night against Spurs, the first big chant that went round the whole stadium was lead by the North Stand after the second goal (again that was ‘TBTITLAATW’).

The atmosphere was better. I agree. But that wasn’t a surprise after Pep’s carefully worded broadside after the Spurs match. If it wouldn’t have been, that would have been worrying. That aside, I stand by what I saw plenty of times. SSL1,111 and 110 were singing, the other stands and tiers were quiet. I’m not saying every time, but a lot of the time. That isn’t me having a go at the fans in those stands and tiers. That observation doesn’t include SSL3 as I can’t see or hear them where I’m stood in SSL1. At the end of the day, like others, I’d like the the other stands and tiers to join in more with the singing. That’s all I’m saying.

Shows the potential of a complete home end whatever your persuasion is for the NS (I know 3 stands are entirely home ends) I would add it’s not just about the singing, it’s actually being engaged in the match, shouting at the ref, clapping a great pass or a last ditch tackle, cheering a big towering header, welcoming the subs when they warm up or giving the opposition manager the chirp signs behind his back. For 15 minutes Sunday we stopped doing that and the game drifted, even if you are a shy FOC sat in EL3 you can still play your part by being engaged in the match, you never know you might allow yourself to break out into song…..ooooo new signing, off to the transfer thread

Shows the potential of a complete home end whatever your persuasion is for the NS (I know 3 stands are entirely home ends) I would add it’s not just about the singing, it’s actually being engaged in the match, shouting at the ref, clapping a great pass or a last ditch tackle, cheering a big towering header, welcoming the subs when they warm up or giving the opposition manager the chirp signs behind his back. For 15 minutes Sunday we stopped doing that and the game drifted, even if you are a shy FOC sat in EL3 you can still play your part by being engaged in the match, you never know you might allow yourself to break out into song…..ooooo new signing, off to the transfer thread
That is the biggest thing that creates an atmosphere for me n’all.

I always say that two of the best atmospheres we’ve had over years at the Etihad were United 1-0 in 2012 and Liverpool 2-1 in 2019 and they were both games with little singing at all really. Just really intense up-for-it atmospheres with everyone involved in the game.

I did see stand up for the chanpions go around the ground. Come on City was sang quite a few times by the ground. The best team in the land was also sang by the ground. I’d like to see we love you City sang by the ground, as it’s an easy chant. People don’t have to clap either if they don’t want to. The same goes with the Guardiola chant. People don’t have to sing it, they can just clap when it gets to that part of the chant. 50,000 people clapping would create a right racket.

Much better v wolves than the Spurs match, i notice a few saying the Wolves fans were disappointing and you are correct.
But really i have found a lot of away fans disappointing these days even before covid i know a few are not keen on the away section as its spread out over 3 tiers. Every one bangs on about united away support but they gave been poor at ours for a few years,
We have Leeds , Newcastle Arsenal and any big home fa cup , champions league games to come so there is hope cos frankly the away fans have been average or shit all season snd i stand right near them most of the time.

If you don't want to make a noise and have a good time, you should be sat up in the third tier.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.