Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

It’s better to use a carrot rather than a stick to motivate people…

You could do a scanner that gives out 20 loyalty points that is only on 30 minutes before kick off and 5 minutes after the final whistle.

Then fans who are making more of an effort get rewarded and better chance to get tickets to away games.

There’s loads of incentives you could build into it.
You can’t do that mate. For a start the vast majority of those leaving early now won’t be bothered about points anyway. For a second it’s impossible to stop abuse. For a third you can’t discriminate against people with disabilities and genuine reasons for leaving early. Also and much more significantly you’d have to build in a whole new layer of technology and crowd control and that’s never ever going to happen for such a trivial issue.

I really don’t see why people get so upset about it to be honest. The support matters during a game, not when it’s over or effectively over.

It might be insignificant in the grand scheme of things but anything psychological that can help gain momentum in the title race can only be a good thing imo

This is a rather hysterical response. Could you describe the ‘disaster’ you’re afraid could occur?

Well 50,000 people all pushing and shoving to get out through single turnstiles at the exact same time, while those at the front fanny about trying to get the scanners to work, doesn’t sound like a particularly safe exit strategy to me.

Well 50,000 people all pushing and shoving to get out through single turnstiles at the exact same time, while those at the front fanny about trying to get the scanners to work, doesn’t sound like a particularly safe exit strategy to me.
That’s a weird leap, buddy.

You can’t do that mate. For a start the vast majority of those leaving early now won’t be bothered about points anyway. For a second it’s impossible to stop abuse. For a third you can’t discriminate against people with disabilities and genuine reasons for leaving early. Also and much more significantly you’d have to build in a whole new layer of technology and crowd control and that’s never ever going to happen for such a trivial issue.

I really don’t see why people get so upset about it to be honest. The support matters during a game, not when it’s over or effectively over.
The games not over when people are leaving on or before the 80th minute and there's 10+ minutes stoppage time. Brentford and Everton were 5 dropped points.
Less left early in the Fulham game and we got a late winner. Can't be inspiring looking into the stands and seeing people leaving with 20 minutes left.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.