Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

The laser show will is like the Poznan. At first the Poznan was great and a novelty, but as the goals kept on flying in, and the Poznan kept being done around the whole stadium, the novelty of the Poznan for the majority of City fans soon wore off. Saying that, I still enjoy doing the Poznan when it happens.

One thing I won’t get tired off, which I’ve loved on every occasions it was done, was the ticker tape welcome from the East stand and South stand. That in itself didn’t improve the atmosphere as such, but it was a wonderful spectacle that set the tone for the fans before the start of the match, and did they respond. The 1894 lads weere the on’s who cut up the ticker tape, bagged it, and placed it on next to the seats for City fans to throw.

2015 V Chelsea. My pictures.

Ticker tape by 1894. The club did the long paper ticker tape.(I think?)

Tell me that doesn’t look better than the laser show?

Note the flags on L3.

A4735612-1-B08-4-EA5-BE1-D-B248-D40-DDCC1.jpg

298743-E1-55-B1-458-E-B600-4-DD7326-C4774.jpg

3-A81033-A-D795-4514-947-A-F3-B8-CE66080-B.jpg

4-F438-ADC-EB3-A-41-A3-BE4-C-6-A3121579-FE9.jpg

BA5-B1-C08-55-DB-44-E7-AF9-F-0-B91-FC24-DCD2.jpg

And that is by design. That is the aim of the club to increase revenue. I’ve said it before the club would be ecstatic if there was 50,000+ day trippers in a silent stadium if they had all paid £200 for a ticket.
10 years normal fans will be priced out completely.
The ground will be full of idiots who spend half the game looking where they're meant to be sitting

When we played Liverpool in the EFL Cup, during the shit light show, where the announcer was reading the team out, he said ‘number twenty-five, the human calculator, Manueeeeeeel Akaaaaaanjiiiiii’.

You could hear the Liverpool fans laughing.

It’s fucking cringeworthy in and around our stadium pre-game, half-time and post-game. It’s like a weird Alton Towers version of a football club.

He is part of the problem.

Tbf, the players did absolutely fuck all in that first half to get any sort of atmosphere going, it works both ways. It was that poor in that first 45 my mate texted me at 8 40 saying Love Island starts at 9, lol

Tbf, the players did absolutely fuck all in that first half to get any sort of atmosphere going, it works both ways. It was that poor in that first 45 my mate texted me at 8 40 saying Love Island starts at 9, lol

This is what people forget at times, British atmospheres are unique and based on what is going on the pitch. It can either be quiet or electric, in Germany it’s the same decibel at all times.

He is part of the problem.

When we played Liverpool in the EFL Cup, during the shit light show, where the announcer was reading the team out, he said ‘number twenty-five, the human calculator, Manueeeeeeel Akaaaaaanjiiiiii’.

You could hear the Liverpool fans laughing.

It’s fucking cringeworthy in and around our stadium pre-game, half-time and post-game. It’s like a weird Alton Towers version of a football club.

This is what people forget at times, British atmospheres are unique and based on what is going on the pitch. It can either be quiet or electric, in Germany it’s the same decibel at all times.
Normally ramps up a gear or 2 when we’re getting hard done by by the ref, which was 2 minutes in last night!

Interesting debates regarding the atmosphere
Not everyone goes for the match atmosphere many just go for the game it’s self , with that just brings for mundane viewing, for many they go for the match buzz and atmospheric feeling ,sadly modern day football will bring mundane surroundings modern day stadiums are not built to generate the good old days their there to look nice feel modern with easy access , The grounds for me that do generate the greatest atmosphere are the four block types where you choose your type of surroundings. As for what the club are doing to generate a buzz / atmosphere in my opinion is way off for many or most of us. We’re supplying more cheese than a ploughman’s lunch , it’s your hardcore fan base and those alone who create the atmosphere the above people are slowly being driven away from attending either from personal circumstances or a financial side.
I mentioned a couple of years ago on here that during the pandemic when we couldn’t attend many of your old school will find other interests along with seeing how much money their no longer having to shell out for. So in my opinion the club are at this time happy to see visitors with a club shop bag on their laps rather than trying to entice many ex regulars again taking up their seats. For the record I don’t think it’s just us either.

Reactions: PPT
Who wudda thought it…a light show taking place when most normal fans are still on the concourse finishing their pint had the ability of to strike 40k supporters mute.

Complete mystery why it didn’t have the same effect on the Arsenal fans once the game kicked off ???

The atmosphere was shit long before anybody at City bought a lazer machine so we need to stop kidding ourselves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.