Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Last night was proof to me that SSL1 near the back can't hear SSL3. I was the back row of 118 I usually sit in 318 and said to my mate that I thought arsenal fans were quiet but from the sounds of it they were quite impressive.

I guess the only thing the club can do is get a singing section at the back of the SSL3 and right at the front of SSL1 and hope for the best

The laser show will is like the Poznan. At first the Poznan was great and a novelty, but as the goals kept on flying in, and the Poznan kept being done around the whole stadium, the novelty of the Poznan for the majority of City fans soon wore off. Saying that, I still enjoy doing the Poznan when it happens.

One thing I won’t get tired off, which I’ve loved on every occasions it was done, was the ticker tape welcome from the East stand and South stand. That in itself didn’t improve the atmosphere as such, but it was a wonderful spectacle that set the tone for the fans before the start of the match, and did they respond. The 1894 lads weere the on’s who cut up the ticker tape, bagged it, and placed it on next to the seats for City fans to throw.

2015 V Chelsea. My pictures.

Ticker tape by 1894. The club did the long paper ticker tape.(I think?)

Tell me that doesn’t look better than the laser show?

Note the flags on L3.

A4735612-1-B08-4-EA5-BE1-D-B248-D40-DDCC1.jpg

298743-E1-55-B1-458-E-B600-4-DD7326-C4774.jpg

3-A81033-A-D795-4514-947-A-F3-B8-CE66080-B.jpg

4-F438-ADC-EB3-A-41-A3-BE4-C-6-A3121579-FE9.jpg

BA5-B1-C08-55-DB-44-E7-AF9-F-0-B91-FC24-DCD2.jpg
The novelty of the Poznań ended when the club brought these t-shirts out:

5D6C6DFB-490F-4033-974A-983187569630.jpeg

Great pictures those though mate!

Love banners, flags and ticker tape. Also love scarves (shit footage by today’s standards as phone cameras at the time were bobbins):

Reactions: jrb
Still plenty of big games left to make some noise. Villa , newcastle leeds liverpool Arsenal chelsea.
And hoprfully the latter rounds of the champions league ans fa cup.
So come on we can do it no excuses.
And that’s exactly what’ll happen. When we need to be we’re great!

Stop the light show , stop the shite love-in emails towards the dippers, stop being a media Fooking soft touch , come out fighting show some bollox , be hostile to everything what’s not blue.
That will get the place going.
It’s what many of us want to see, City’s PR/ Media department take note .
Take the shite anti city media on come out fighting, show some bollox build a fortress and the lads and lasses will defend it. And get behind the team it goes both ways .

Completely agree on the ticker tape and the flags. We should still be doing both. We could put flags all along south stand level 3.

I’ve said it before, but the 1894 group do seem less active, especially on social media and haven’t seen many new displays. They put the effort in and I’m in no position to tell them what to do, considering I don’t, but it would be great if things like ticker tape we’re brought back.

I’d happily donate to any display, but I haven’t seen any display donation funds mentioned in a long time.
With the ticker tap, it’s time, cutting paper up, putting it in bags, putting it out next to the seats, etc. Trev and the other 1894 lads spent ages doing that. I did some myself.

You can get 1kg of blue ticker tape for £16.44, which is a better option. Much easier than cutting paper up.

9E058B2A-39DE-4EA7-A667-9ED653176C75.jpeg

BE9E5DFC-B8CE-4342-9CE2-9F44A2D48EBE.jpeg

You can also buy an Equinkx Confetti Burst. Small and discrete, but practical.

The Equinox bursts could be positioned along the front of the expanded North stand 2nd tier

Would make a great spectacle. Banners hanging from the 2nd tier, telescopic flags being waved, 2 sticks being held up, and blue confetti being blasted into the air from level 2, falling ono level 1. :-)

It wouldn’t cost much to set it all up, and 1894 members could work the Equinox bursts. Confetti in. Press the button. Done. Easy!

I know some people will say that’s also cheese, but with the confetti, banners, telescopic flags, and 2 sticks, it would look really good, and it would look like the fans are doing it, which is important. It would be directly opposite the away fans in the South stand, so they would see it.

The laser show will is like the Poznan. At first the Poznan was great and a novelty, but as the goals kept on flying in, and the Poznan kept being done around the whole stadium, the novelty of the Poznan for the majority of City fans soon wore off. Saying that, I still enjoy doing the Poznan when it happens.

One thing I won’t get tired off, which I’ve loved on every occasions it was done, was the ticker tape welcome from the East stand and South stand. That in itself didn’t improve the atmosphere as such, but it was a wonderful spectacle that set the tone for the fans before the start of the match, and did they respond. The 1894 lads weere the on’s who cut up the ticker tape, bagged it, and placed it on next to the seats for City fans to throw.

2015 V Chelsea. My pictures.

Ticker tape by 1894. The club did the long paper ticker tape.(I think?)

Tell me that doesn’t look better than the laser show?

Note the flags on L3.

A4735612-1-B08-4-EA5-BE1-D-B248-D40-DDCC1.jpg

298743-E1-55-B1-458-E-B600-4-DD7326-C4774.jpg

3-A81033-A-D795-4514-947-A-F3-B8-CE66080-B.jpg

4-F438-ADC-EB3-A-41-A3-BE4-C-6-A3121579-FE9.jpg

BA5-B1-C08-55-DB-44-E7-AF9-F-0-B91-FC24-DCD2.jpg
Always think the Poznan is great pretty well everyone joins in. If we did it more often the atmosphere would improve dramatically

Always think the Poznan is great pretty well everyone joins in. If we did it more often the atmosphere would improve dramatically

Guessing here.

Was it Wolves at home a few seasons ago when the Poznan went around the whole stadium for the first time? Stand corrected on that. Nevertheless, it looked f*cking amazing.

To this day we’re the only set of fans in England who are credited by other fans for doing the Poznan. Celtic do the huddle.

The Poznan against the Rags at Wembley was absolutely epic. The Rags just stood in silence watching it. It changed the game in my opinion. It galvanised the City players, and spooked the United players.

You know what I hate, football fans and Pundits who claim to be knowledgeable but in reality know fuck all about your average fan.

Last night, just short of 8k Arsenal fans, full day out to get to Manchester for a 20: 00 ko.
Currently riding high and full of confidence, Fair play it's deserved and they top the league. Many drinks had and it's a day out.

City fans, generally a "normal" day for most, rush to the ground after working for an unusual Friday night game.

The situation would have been completely reversed if played at Emirates, 8k City in full voice, Arsenal sauntering in from "the City" and quiet as fuck.

That is modern day football, you have to graft to afford to go.

Guessing here.

Was it Wolves at home a few seasons ago when the Poznan went around the whole stadium for the first time? Stand corrected on that. Nevertheless, it looked f*cking amazing.

To this day we’re the only set of fans in England who are credited by other fans for doing the Poznan. Celtic do the huddle.

The Poznan against the Rags at Wembley was absolutely epic. The Rags just stood in silence watching it. It
We've had some impressive Poznan's for sure but this will always be my all time favourite.

About 2 minutes 40 when it kicks in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.