Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Who wudda thought it…a light show taking place when most normal fans are still on the concourse finishing their pint had the ability of to strike 40k supporters mute.

Complete mystery why it didn’t have the same effect on the Arsenal fans once the game kicked off ???

The atmosphere was shit long before anybody at City bought a lazer machine so we need to stop kidding ourselves.

As others have said, at the start of the season the atmosphere was better and was improving match by match. Even Pep mentioned it. Might just be a coincidence, but that’s when City were playing free flowing attacking football, which was exciting to watch, and Haaland was scoring for fun.

The laser show is just another cheese manifestation by the club, thinking it improves and enhances the now (in)famous ‘match day experience’.

I remember sitting in SSL3 against spurs in the champions league years ago. The atmosphere that night was incredible. I still get goosebumps thinking about it. those nights unfortunately wont happen too often. I prefer aways as its more lively. just hope the club dont sanitize our away support by giving tickets to corporates and half and half scarves. that will kill our away support as well.

As others have said, at the start of the season the atmosphere was better and was improving match by match. Even Pep mentioned it. Might just be a coincidence, but that’s when City were playing free flowing attacking football, which was exciting to watch, and Haaland was scoring for fun.

The laser show is just another cheese manifestation by the club, thinking it improves and enhances the now (in)famous ‘match day experience’.
I think the buzz from getting haaland carried it for a while apart from every game pretty much selling out this year I don't think there has been any big noticeable difference in atmosphere

The laser show will is like the Poznan. At first the Poznan was great and a novelty, but as the goals kept on flying in, and the Poznan kept being done around the whole stadium, the novelty of the Poznan for the majority of City fans soon wore off. Saying that, I still enjoy doing the Poznan when it happens.

One thing I won’t get tired off, which I’ve loved on every occasions it was done, was the ticker tape welcome from the East stand and South stand. That in itself didn’t improve the atmosphere as such, but it was a wonderful spectacle that set the tone for the fans before the start of the match, and did they respond. The 1894 lads weere the on’s who cut up the ticker tape, bagged it, and placed it on next to the seats for City fans to throw.

2015 V Chelsea. My pictures.

Ticker tape by 1894. The club did the long paper ticker tape.(I think?)

Tell me that doesn’t look better than the laser show?

Note the flags on L3.

A4735612-1-B08-4-EA5-BE1-D-B248-D40-DDCC1.jpg

298743-E1-55-B1-458-E-B600-4-DD7326-C4774.jpg

3-A81033-A-D795-4514-947-A-F3-B8-CE66080-B.jpg

4-F438-ADC-EB3-A-41-A3-BE4-C-6-A3121579-FE9.jpg

BA5-B1-C08-55-DB-44-E7-AF9-F-0-B91-FC24-DCD2.jpg

Completely agree on the ticker tape and the flags. We should still be doing both. We could put flags all along south stand level 3.

I’ve said it before, but the 1894 group do seem less active, especially on social media and haven’t seen many new displays. They put the effort in and I’m in no position to tell them what to do, considering I don’t, but it would be great if things like ticker tape we’re brought back.

I’d happily donate to any display, but I haven’t seen any display donation funds mentioned in a long time.

I think the buzz from getting haaland carried it for a while apart from every game pretty much selling out this year I don't think there has been any big noticeable difference in atmosphere
Posted on the 15th of August. Played ‘Bournemouth’ on the 13th of August. Beat them 4-0.

Atmosphere was pretty good on Saturday.

Don’t know why the Singing Section always stop singing around the 35 minute mark though. Can be a swinging atmosphere and every game just seems to go *thump* and stops dead from around 35 mins to 55 mins.

The Bernardo chants were great second half.

Kippax Corner were excellent on Saturday. That was like going back ten years to when it was brilliant there most weeks… hopefully more of the same all season, because that’s the best part of the ground for atmosphere when they proper get going. They’re in a place in the corner where the sound seems to push itself out to the rest of the ground better than behind the goal.
Thought it was really good on Saturday to be fair. The Bernardo chant in particular was great.
Interesting to hear what the away fans think when they visit the Etihad Despite their teams 4-0 defeat on Saturday . Sounds like the Bournemouth fans enjoyed their visit to the Etihad and went some way into dispelling the mith that our stadium is a souless , empty library .

I thought it was really good considering how hot it was and the match was a stroll. Seemed to be a lot more humour amongst the crowd too, perhaps it was down to playing against a team with a decent set of fans!
Thanks for sharing. Good video from the Bournemouth fans.

FWIW, I thought we had a good atmosphere on Saturday and I hope we can sustain that.

I remember sitting in SSL3 against spurs in the champions league years ago. The atmosphere that night was incredible. I still get goosebumps thinking about it. those nights unfortunately wont happen too often. I prefer aways as its more lively. just hope the club dont sanitize our away support by giving tickets to corporates and half and half scarves. that will kill our away support as well.

I agree with that. For me that spurs game is one of the best atmospheres we’ve produced. Id like to find that clip of mendy tackling a spurs player and most of the ground chanting City, City!

It was spine tingling and the entire ground was singing as one

Anyone watching this Preston game they showing how exactly not to use a drum just sounds like a loud bang not going to any tune at all

Still plenty of big games left to make some noise. Villa , newcastle leeds liverpool Arsenal chelsea.
And hoprfully the latter rounds of the champions league ans fa cup.
So come on we can do it no excuses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.