Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Don’t expect the Etihad to be bouncing when the ball is being passed around our own box…

When the team is up for it so are the fans simple. Supporters need to get behind the team of course but it’s on the players to put on a performance/effort worth shouting about

It seems I went to a different match to you lot.
I had a sore throat this morning as I spent the match abusing the ref (verbally I should add) cheering the team in Blue and a slagging the corporate banker from Essex in the away end.
I sit in CB3, a match is what you personally make it.
I think you might have been sat next to me ; )

If I sing my false teeth fall out so I will leave it to the rest of yous to make the noise, jokes aside your bound to made plenty of noise when you’ve got close on 8,000 away fans all on a day out on the lash and really up for it in one section, let’s see if there as loud in a few week when we take our allocation and go 2-0 up at the emirates it will be blue moon all the way

With the ticker tap, it’s time, cutting paper up, putting it in bags, putting it out next to the seats, etc. Trev and the other 1894 lads spent ages doing that. I did some myself.

You can get 1kg of blue ticker tape for £16.44, which is a better option. Much easier than cutting paper up.

View attachment 67307

View attachment 67309

You can also buy an Equinkx Confetti Burst. Small and discrete, but practical.

The Equinox bursts could be positioned along the front of the expanded North stand 2nd tier

Would make a great spectacle. Banners hanging from the 2nd tier, telescopic flags being waved, 2 sticks being held up, and blue confetti being blasted into the air from level 2, falling ono level 1. :-)

It wouldn’t cost much to set it all up, and 1894 members could work the Equinox bursts. Confetti in. Press the button. Done. Easy!

I know some people will say that’s also cheese, but with the confetti, banners, telescopic flags, and 2 sticks, it would look really good, and it would look like the fans are doing it, which is important. It would be directly opposite the away fans in the South stand, so they would see it.

I agree. I think visually it looks really impressive. It’s cheap to do, but as you say it takes times to create. I think the below image looks great and adds a lot of colour to our ground. I’d happily donate to this being created again

In terms of flags and tifo displays in general. It makes me think of past cup games where city fans would often create flags themselves. We could copy some of these designs for instance.

JS36505273.jpg

Or we could just recreate the below surfer flag. It would look great in an expanded north stand. Sometimes it feels like we always look abroad for ideas, when in reality we’ve created plenty of great displays already.

0_kippax-flag.jpg

I agree. I think visually it looks really impressive. It’s cheap to do, but as you say it takes times to create. I think the below image looks great and adds a lot of colour to our ground. I’d happily donate to this being created again

In terms of flags and tifo displays in general. It makes me think of past cup games where city fans would often create flags themselves. We could copy some of these designs for instance.

JS36505273.jpg

Or we could just recreate the below surfer flag. It would look great in an expanded north stand. Sometimes it feels like we always look abroad for ideas, when in reality we’ve created plenty of great displays already.

0_kippax-flag.jpg
Those photos are mint. Makes me even more desperate to see our current atmosphere improve (drastically).

arsenal fans can say what they like but I haven't forgotten the match 3 days after the League Cup final when you could see the full white cannon in their seating as tens of thousands didn't show up.
Flakey cockney cunts.
Was that the midweek game, freezing cold. We sold out but there couldn't have been more than 30 000 in. They forget that when they were poor enf of Wenger era stsrt of post W. They had literally thousands of empty seats. My brother in law ST. There for 40 years has often said the Arsenal fans are soo fickle. ST holders around him showed up for about 3 big games a season. Tourists or empties he has had around him years. They are a deluded bunch tge ones knocking us for poor atmosphere etc. The emirates, often you can hear the wind whistling through the gap in top tier. Bunch of self entitled southern pricks.

Was that the midweek game, freezing cold. We sold out but there couldn't have been more than 30 000 in. They forget that when they were poor enf of Wenger era stsrt of post W. They had literally thousands of empty seats. My brother in law ST. There for 40 years has often said the Arsenal fans are soo fickle. ST holders around him showed up for about 3 big games a season. Tourists or empties he has had around him years. They are a deluded bunch tge ones knocking us for poor atmosphere etc. The emirates, often you can hear the wind whistling through the gap in top tier. Bunch of self entitled southern pricks.

There was a lot of speculation it was going to get called off. Even on the way down we thought the most likely scenario was it was going to be called off at some point, so stayed boozing around Euston for the first couple of hours.

I wouldn’t quite go as far as saying the away end was full. Maybe a couple of hundred of no shows. But I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a sparsely populated home end for a Premier League game. There were whole blocks up in the Gods, with more stewards than fans in them. I’d go for nearer 20,000 than 30,000 from memory.

As an aside, has Ederson saved a penalty since that night?

There was a lot of speculation it was going to get called off. Even on the way down we thought the most likely scenario was it was going to be called off at some point, so stayed boozing around Euston for the first couple of hours.

I wouldn’t quite go as far as saying the away end was full. Maybe a couple of hundred of no shows. But I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a sparsely populated home end for a Premier League game. There were whole blocks up in the Gods, with more stewards than fans in them. I’d go for nearer 20,000 than 30,000 from memory.

Good point re Ederson, one thing that stood out..Bernie was a magician that night and very tenacious. Oh and was fking cold

Everton home. 5-0 when 10k fans were allowed in. Luckily I was there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.