Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Everton home. 5-0 when 10k fans were allowed in. Luckily I was there.
So was I but to be fair that was a totally different situation.

I did look around though and wondered if this would have been what it was like for every game if we'd continued our downward spiral.

Everton home. 5-0 when 10k fans were allowed in. Luckily I was there.

Have to take your word for that. Cheers. Normally things ring a bell when they’re mentioned but no recollection of that whatsoever. Although if it was in the first half, was still probably negotiating the security to get in.

I think it’s something that definelty needs addressing and the powers that be could do more to help. For example some things I think are:

• Season ticket holders only in south stand / corner next to the away fans. I’m in 110 and there’s far too many tourists there for it to be a good singing section
  • Move away fans to the corner (east stand or Colin bell stand ) allowing full south stand for city ends and a standing section to the other side of the away end
  • Shoot 2nd half towards the south stand! Half of the family stand is empty by the 85th minute
  • Have tourists/day trippers in one area instead of all over the ground which disrupts any chance of generating atmosphere
  • Scrap family stand or move to 3rd tier of Colin bell stand as only one end of the ground tends to be singing
  • Have north stand (family stand) as a standing singing section as well so there are 2 sides of the ground generating an atmosphere
  • Pre match ‘entertainment’ outside the ground is unnecessary
  • Allow flags back in the ground to hang instead of fake electronic ones
  • Cheaper tickets for local fans (10-20% off for greater Manchester residents)

I think it’s something that definelty needs addressing and the powers that be could do more to help. For example some things I think are:

• Season ticket holders only in south stand / corner next to the away fans. I’m in 110 and there’s far too many tourists there for it to be a good singing section
  • Move away fans to the corner (east stand or Colin bell stand ) allowing full south stand for city ends and a standing section to the other side of the away end
  • Shoot 2nd half towards the south stand! Half of the family stand is empty by the 85th minute
  • Have tourists/day trippers in one area instead of all over the ground which disrupts any chance of generating atmosphere
  • Scrap family stand or move to 3rd tier of Colin bell stand as only one end of the ground tends to be singing
  • Have north stand (family stand) as a standing singing section as well so there are 2 sides of the ground generating an atmosphere
I know your intentions are good mate and I applaud it, but a large portion of that is impossible to implement.

Some good ideas there but most of them are never going to happen/materialise.
It always makes me scratch my head when we attack towards the family stand in the second half. Surely you want to be attacking the most vocal part of the ground in the second half. There's still quite a few that have left there by the 85th minute mind.

Some good ideas there but most of them are never going to happen/materialise.
It always makes me scratch my head when we attack towards the family stand in the second half. Surely you want to be attacking the most vocal part of the ground in the second half. There's still quite a few that have left there by the 85th minute mind.
Yeah I know it would be near impossible for all to be done but if i had to chose more realistic ones it would be have south stand and Kippax corner (especially lower) as season ticket holders only. I went to a Roma match the other year and as a tourist you cannot buy a ticket in their singing end. I think moving the away fans to the corner is doable to have the full south stand as city but think it’s important to have away fans in view on the lower tier as our atmosphere seems to go worse when away fans are only on the upper tiers.

Yeah I know it would be near impossible for all to be done but if i had to chose more realistic ones it would be have south stand and Kippax corner (especially lower) as season ticket holders only. I went to a Roma match the other year and as a tourist you cannot buy a ticket in their singing end. I think moving the away fans to the corner is doable to have the full south stand as city but think it’s important to have away fans in view on the lower tier as our atmosphere seems to go worse when away fans are only on the upper tiers.

That’s because we've always had away fans in-between our 2 singing sections and singing fans. If you look at other PL grounds most have their home ends and singing sections at the opposite end of the ground from the away end and away fans.(Liverpool, United, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Leeds, Newcastle, Villa, Everton, etc. It will take years to end our dependency on being close to the away fans to create an atmosphere, if and when the North stand becomes our home end and main singing section. I still think we’ll have singers near the away fans. What’s critical is that we do get singers moving to the expanded North stand, because if we don’t it will end up like the current NS, CBS and ES, quiet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.