Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

The drum haters would be driven mad at Boca Juniors. Lol! :-)

View attachment 67548

View attachment 67549
It’s even more about trumpets there.

There are YouTube videos showing you how to play the trumpet for the Boca songs.

They get them in when there’s no game on and rehearse their trumpets.

It’s like that at Leeds Rhinos, gets right on your tits after a few minutes.

Fantastic post. Spot on!

The Etihad is too friendly and nice. It also feels like the entire ‘matchday experience’ is aimed at the smallest demographic in the stadium - kids. Over the entire attendance, there’s hardly any kids there (my estimation is about 5-7% of the crowd are kids) yet everything seems geared at them.

To grown-ups, who’ve been up and down the country and all over Europe seeing and being impressed with the intimidation that you get from other places (grown-up football grounds for grown-ups) seeing the Etihad - which is about 95-97% grown-ups - in comparison is utterly cringeworthy childish shite.

Everything other than the game on the grass feels like we are Alton Towers FC. When I was a kid in the ’80s and ’90s I didn’t need any razzmatazz bollocks, I was perfectly hooked and obsessed with City and loved going to games with what you describe Elland Road and Old Trafford still being like.

Kids are allowed in pubs but not everything in the pub is aimed at kids because it’s mainly a place for adults. Just like at the football. Football games are adult men’s football mainly being watched by adult men, we are by far the biggest demographic in the stadium yet it feels like absolutely nothing apart from the game on the grass is aimed at us.

Kill the cheese and make everything more mature.

The club itself should have nothing to do with any flags, banners, displays, pre-game building of atmosphere etc. It should all only come from the fans. None of those blokes with an ear piece walking up the East Stand telling people when to wave flags with the players’ names on when their names are read out when teams are announced. No banners that have club sponsors on. No staged smoke coming from pitchside. No bands doing fan walks to the stadium. And no bloody light shows!

Everything they do is all in good nature but it’s all too manufactured!
It’s supposed to be aimed at kids but I don’t even think it’s what kids want. Kids want noise, atmosphere and intimidation too. When I was a kid I sat in the Platt Lane and watched the Kippax most of the time. My dad used to tell me off.

Probably a post for the north stand thread but I remember watching a documentary a while ago about the construction of new Wembley, they had sound engineers in assessing the acoustics as the architects had completely ignored that aspect. From memory they had to redesign a lot of the ground to account for it.

Obviously as our ground originally was an athletics track I imagine this had not been considered on construction, have we had anyone in to consult since or are we desperately needing this when the north stand expansion takes place?

It’s supposed to be aimed at kids but I don’t even think it’s what kids want. Kids want noise, atmosphere and intimidation too. When I was a kid I sat in the Platt Lane and watched the Kippax most of the time. My dad used to tell me off.
Exactly mate. The magic and excitement of first catching sight of the pitch through the vomitory is a feeling that stays with you as a kid.....not a fucking light show.

A lot of games I spent more time looking on in awe at the crowd than watching the football. Feeling as though I was part of something.

Probably a post for the north stand thread but I remember watching a documentary a while ago about the construction of new Wembley, they had sound engineers in assessing the acoustics as the architects had completely ignored that aspect. From memory they had to redesign a lot of the ground to account for it.

Obviously as our ground originally was an athletics track I imagine this had not been considered on construction, have we had anyone in to consult since or are we desperately needing this when the north stand expansion takes place?
Wembley has quite similar acoustics to ours in my opinion. I alway think the noise is very muddy in there. It can sound loud but you can’t make out what’s being sung and by who. Like the Etihad, it only sounds good when the sound fills the centre of the stadium and that requires the top tiers to be making noise.

Exactly mate. The magic and excitement of first catching sight of the pitch through the vomitory is a feeling that stays with you as a kid.....not a fucking light show.

A lot of games I spent more time looking on in awe at the crowd than watching the football. Feeling as though I was part of something.
I used to spend hours with a pen and paper drawing football stadiums and filling them with fans. There was always either singing going on in my pictures, signified by pointing hands, or a goal had been scored. I didn’t even draw the players, just the stands.

But the Wembley sound carry is worse than even our pad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.