Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

WAHooooooooooooo !
is this the best thing since poznan ?
cant wait to hear it go round Vs newcastle

this is what gets atmosphere going, a good song, a good beat, fans know words and it carries on for 5 mins rather than 5 seconds. Well done for away fans for carrying it on ten out of 10 i say !
I doubt it will go around the stadium just yet Trev. You really aren't going to get the old boys and dears on the top tiers and kids on the bottom tiers admitting they spent all their money on drugs and City, even if they did know the words, which they don't.

I do however suspect that the south stand will attempt this song ten seconds after kick off and then another 6 times in the first 5 minutes but never get more than little incoherent murmur going. I'm not knocking the song, it's great, but for the time being it's for concourses and away matches, not Newcastle home at lunchtime.

I doubt it will go around the stadium just yet Trev. You really aren't going to get the old boys and dears on the top tiers and kids on the bottom tiers admitting they spent all their money on drugs and City, even if they did know the words, which they don't.

I do however suspect that the south stand will attempt this song ten seconds after kick off and then another 6 times in the first 5 minutes but never get more than little incoherent murmur going. I'm not knocking the song, it's great, but for the time being it's for concourses and away matches, not Newcastle home at lunchtime.
Yeah I can very easily see this becoming the next follow follow chant. Been fantastic last few away games, but I agree it's probably not the chant for at home.

Once this new stand is built and the singers get under a roof, the sound will be far more crisp and there will be much more room for chants like this at home games

Nah, I’m going to sing Dzeko as my first song on Saturday.

Was great to hear there's 'Only One City' dusted off. Obvs worked best because we were playing another 'city', but we should sing that more at the Etihad. Going to be a toughie on Saturday because of the kick off time - hoping we're all up for it!
Definitely a decent chant and something we should sing more.

We used to get going ‘only one City only one City, there’s only one City’ to ‘David Silva Ole’ before ‘David Silva Ole’ was a chant. But that’s disappeared n’all.

WAHooooooooooooo !
is this the best thing since poznan ?
cant wait to hear it go round Vs newcastle

this is what gets atmosphere going, a good song, a good beat, fans know words and it carries on for 5 mins rather than 5 seconds. Well done for away fans for carrying it on ten out of 10 i say !
Most fans won’t know the words yet.

Best time to get this going on Saturday would be about 30 minutes in and get SSL1 singing it from then until half time when the crowd is a bit quieter than the start of a game and it might get some in the ground learning the words more easily.

We should [always!] start games with all the proper City chants going from the kick off (‘Blue Moon’, ‘TBTITLAATW’, ‘We’re Not Really Here’, ‘Na na na naaa na na na naaa City’ etc.) to get the rest of the stadium joining in from the off and then smash ‘AWOOOOOOO’ and the likes out for fifteen minutes at the end of each half.

Not bad today for a 12.30pm kick off. Follow, Super Jack, Bernardo all loud and clear.

Good to hear the announcer building excitement for the NS revamp and encouraging everyone to have their say. That’s the game changer on the horizon.

A bit average today but not bad.

I don’t know why so many people are so much quieter at 12.30 than they are when a game is 150 minutes later though. I think they’ve mentally told themselves that 12.30 on a Saturday afternoon is actually 8 in the morning.

Yeah its only 2 and half hours not a huge difference, thought the Newcastle fans would have been better too, they have been great at home along with Leeds.
The Liverpool game is 12.30 too , lets hope its better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.